1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Do you think this would help the recession

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by SA1Gunner, Sep 3, 2008.

1. SA1Gunner

SA1Gunner Member

Do you think that the recession in the UK could be helped if our very brave troops both men and women were pulled out of all over seas conflicts, I have given this some thought and I would not like to estimate how much these bloody wars are costing us a nation, I think we should start putting our own house in order before we carry on over seas. What are your thoughts.

2. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

yea i think brittain is messed up enough at the moment.
    shouldnt be going around cleaning up after other countries:rolleyes:

3. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Its all about black gold (oil)....If we pull em out, it wont help....this country does not export anything, I.e. products, so we are not bringing in any cash:(

4. SA1Gunner

SA1Gunner Member

Cheers Gunner, great name by the way lol. Andy lets hope someone can come up with an answer, politicians have so much to answer for.

5. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

Between Blair and Brown:)handjob:) this country is on its knees, all they care about is london and the stock market,sod everything else!.
    I agree,our troops should come home now,but the savings made in doing so would probably be sent to some african country as donations!!:mad:.

6. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

Hell Censored, I live near London and all we get on local tv is london london and more london, it really gets up my nose :mad:
    Sumo, you hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned, that's all the government care about, **** everyone else, they don't give a toss cos they are all making huge sums of money and don't care about the average man.
    I heard a story from a guy who's 14 year old kid sprayed graffiti over another gangs patch in West London. This kid is now in fear of his life no bs, the gang who he upset are ******* Somalians, the Police are in fear off this gang and can't control certain areas where this gang are.
    Another reason why we are in recession, looking after every other f**ker that comes here not wanting to give there input to the country just come here to cause trouble, so why the **** are we putting up with them.
    Then there's a copper who gets murdered and his killer has just been released and given a new identitiy and relocated etc at the taxpayers expense :wtf:
    Why not deport the f**ker and his ******* family, that's how it should be when you come here. You break the law and you and your family get back on the banana boat back home, not the opposite where this Censored hole country rewards crime. **** them all, those who want to cause trouble, ******* shoot them or birch them and send them back. That may just be the start if this country making a recovery and putting the Great back into Britain, (dream on).
    Our troops need to pulled out of these foreign countries and let the people there get on with it, trouble is it's all about who controls the oil, if the UN were consistent we'd have thousands of troops in African countries trying to keep peace, there's been wars going on there for years and the UN etc. do sweet F A about it. Why don't they do sod all, cos there's no oil there thats why.
    It is time to put our own house in order but where is the man to do it, certainly there's not one politician in Parliament man or woman enough to stand up and say it how it is cos all these people care about is there own career and own job. It's time for andyh to become Emperor of Britain :up: and eventually I'd get the Great back into Britain but I can't see that happening as I don't have control of the armed forces and I'd probably be labelled a rascisct, (am I a racist :confused: ) like I care what others think of me that's how I feel about our country and how it's gone to the dogs.
    End of my rant :D

7. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

i say bring back national service for one thing, i know id willingly go through it. make boys men and teach the chavs some disaplin:rolleyes:
    (how to spell would also be handy:eek:)

yea i deffo agree with the angry guy about people coming here for handouts and taking the goverment for a sucker.
    get rid of those that didnt come from here originally (if they missbehaved)

also i think if you live in brittain you should be brittish.
    i got nothing wrong with people practising their own religeon and all that but they start becoming terrorists or cheer on the talibans whilst on britting soil:rolleyes:

look i dont mind someone that says they are britting when really they arent but they should act like a brit and suport brittain in its culture and so on not make brittain whatever part of the world they belong to.
    i mean if your country's so great why move:rolleyes:

remind me why we have a goverment again? things would probably go better without it, and lets face it,its not gonna get much worse:rolleyes:

8. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Pulling out of the middle east would be a start, but then we have this crappy government to contend with too. I know it's not their fault, it's the US, but that's just the point - this country needs to stop sleeping with George Bush and trade elsewhere. The US is unstable, so we should make business with places like Japan or wherever else ... I don't have a clue about economics as you can probably tell but the point is I have ideas.

9. SA1Gunner

SA1Gunner Member

Thanks for your valid thoughts lads, no disrespect meant to any of us common folk, me included but if we can see it, why can't the politicians.

I really hope Britain has a future and . Bless all of our and all allied personel who fight so brave but if it's all about the oil, it stinks.

10. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

What's going on there will never be resolved, because the people aren't educated, I don't think it's all about the oil but that certainly plays a part for the US, if not us. Remember that we're there only because America is, it's not in our interests, because we have oil in the North Sea - all we need to do it build somewhere to store it so we don't have to sell it to Europe at a fraction of its worth.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  11. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

National Service won't improve your spelling though, best you keep up with your education a1 :D

12. simply james

simply james Banned

its the goverment that has uss in this state,and they get well paid for it.

13. Buzz

Buzz Banned

I know this is a little off topic, but has anyone tried to calculate the following.

OK, so you work your 35/40 hour week and get paid at the end of it. Whoops, where's it all gone...income tax and national insurance that's where, before you even get your hands on it...stolen away by the government.

Right, what you've got left is disposable income, lets see what happens to that. Well the main thing is that everything you buy, with a few very small exceptions gets taxed at 17.5%, so that's another 17.5% of your previously taxed income gone. If you have a vehicle, you're paying more than half of your fuel bill back to the government too, in fuel duty, then there's the road tax and you're even taxed on the compulsory insurance you have to have for your car or bike, house and life insurance too, again out of your previously taxed income. Now you buy a house..thank you we'll have 1% of that too in stamp duty say the government. A bit left over to save for that rainy day (or new gun)...we'll give you some interest on that sir say's the bank. Right, unearned income say the government, we'll tax you on the interest. After all this you're now at you witts end, worked your gutts out all your life, it's all been too much, heart attack and die. Ho ho says the government, we'll have a portion of that too..death duties.

I challenge you all to work out over a year how much tax you pay in total on your hard earned cash, but if you do I'll expect the suicide rates to rise sharply over the next few days.

Anybody under the age of 18 need not bother themselves unduly yet..it'll come to you in the future...if we have a future.

PS...forgot to mention things like TV licence, driving licence, fishing licence, shotgun licence, fire arms licence, passport fees......etc

14. SA1Gunner

SA1Gunner Member

It just blows my mind politicians can't see it, there again the money they are on, they haven't got to worry about either paying that bill or buying some food.

15. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

You got my vote Andy mate!:up::up:

16. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

especially on the housing side buzz.
    i know i will have a hell of a time finding my feet and getting a house of my own:rolleyes:

17. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

35/40 hour week Buzz??, is this part time work mate??.
    Christ pal I put in about 90 hrs a week for **** all!!.
    Obviously my animals have to be looked after and harvest/silage operations to be handled as well,which makes a 40 hour week a luxury!.
    And since the drop in value for £/euro, my income is even less,but input costs go through the roof!!!:mad:
    Come 2012, a privately owned farm will become a rarity,mark my words!:mad:
    You think food prices have risen,just wait in 4 years time prices will explode, and dont think that the farmer is swimming in new found capital, the ones that put up the price of food is the supermarkets,for every £1 they charge extra filters back to the farmer as 1p!!, I **** you not!!.
    I think its time ALL food producers in this country went on strike for even just one week,to remind the fat twatt Brown that he aint the boss!:mad::mad: