1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Do Not Buy From This Seller!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by PBaz Barrett, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging lead me!'

Just a quicky.. I know this prob should have been posted in the NV section. But I feel I should post in this section. Anyway, here goes..

I recently purchased an Warden Adder NV scope cam. After alot of research into who I should buy it from, I bought one from here:

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/warden-adder-scopecam-c2x26124662

I chose this place as 'Clive' (the bloke that owns it) had been posting on the NightVision forum, claiming that his product was better than the rest and that you would want to purchase off him because he's based in the uk, and there to help if there is ever a problem.

BIG MISTAKE! WARNING! DO NOT PURCHASE HERE!

Received my unit, he uses cheap courier service, arrived - looked like it had been treated rough as FAC!, Not sure if unit was even new?, Didnt work properly - Screen through eyepiece keeps breaking up going all pixelated!, really is a pain in the ass and sometimes cant even get picture back!.

Anyway's e-mailed 'Clive' explaining the situation, and he emailed me back. He said he thought it best if he should have it returned, with no mention of sending a replacement unit. He wanted me to travel 30miles+ and drop it off at the nearest DPD pickup point. I currently have probs walking and at mo pretty much house bound so kind of stuck.

I e-mailed him back explaining the situation and for advise, and also asked if I would be receiving a replacement.. so waited for a reply.. and waited.. and waited.. emailed him back another 5 times.. and waited.. and guess what! HES IGNORING ME! WTF!:(

I paid him £370 and received what looked like a used unit, It dont work properly, and I cant get hold of him.. And im stuck with it..:mad:

Anyone wanting one of these, I would not recommend buying from this guy..
    A total waste of £370 :facepalm:..

Has anyone had probs with this seller, apart from that is, when he was selling this unit for £200 more than other people were selling it - by just rebranding it (Warden Adder) and claiming his was a better product, when really it was the same unit being sold elsewhere for £200 cheaper!

Any advise on how to sort this situation welcome..

2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

I’d tell him you’re seeking legal advice and see it that gets him twitching.

Thanks for the heads up - disgraceful service for a honest community. :mad:

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  3. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

Just had a good look around his website, almost looks professional!

I wonder how many he’s conned?

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  4. SteveO

SteveO Account Parked

Try and contact him again, keep calm and keep the correspondence factual and to the point, if he continues to ignore you send him an LBA (letter before action) outlining what the problem is and what you expect him to do to rectify it.

Give him a set amount of time to respond with a solution and if no good start small claims court proceedings against him - it's easy and can be instigated online, when you win he will be liable for the costs.

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

If you paid for the item with a card bearing the VISA logo you should be able to do a chargeback on your card via the bank - this would be my first port of call if possible. it's quicker and less messy!

Don't worry, you have options available to you.

Good luck mate!

5. robs5230

robs5230 леший

Not a good experience. What's the timescale regarding when the unit was delivered and the emails you've sent ?

As it's a new item (bought as new anyway), there should be a guarantee. Under that guarantee, I'm pretty sure the seller is within his rights to ask you to return the item for either repair or replacement.
    I can't imagine any company offering a replacement without having the item back first for inspection.
    I think you need to return the item.

As for the request to send via DPD, the courier you use to return the item is your choice.

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  6. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward HEY YOU GUYS

This is why I stick to main stream brands I was told I’m a brand snob other week and maybe true but I know the after sales will be good and not let me down

Hope you get sorted and he ends up out of business most of the following giving good reviews will be mates

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  7. Basharbob

Basharbob Engaging Member

From https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds

"Sales of this kind are known as 'distance selling'. You must offer a refund to customers if they've told you within 14 days of receiving their goods that they want to cancel. They have another 14 days to return the goods once they've told you. You must refund the customer within 14 days of receiving the goods back."

Sanguinius and PBaz Barrett like this.
  8. Guloluseus

Guloluseus Ultimate Gun Showroom!

Dont know if you read th eT&Cs on th ewebpage (its a link at the very bottom of the page. right hand side, tiny print), but this is an extract of what it says

"Warranty

The provisions hereof cannot deprive the customer of their right to legal warranty requiring THE MERCHANT to protect the customer against latent defects of goods sold.

The customer is expressly informed that THE MERCHANT is not the manufacturer of the goods presented in THE MERCHANT SITE and that THE MERCHANT shall not be held liable for defective goods. "

This is preceded by about 14 other clauses about damage in transit, incorrect orders received, and windows of less than a day to notify. It would appear that more time has been spent writing a Contract that absolves them of any responsibility than actually giving a shot about customers.

Unfortunatley, this sort of Condition doesnt hold water. The seller cannot transfer responsibility to the manufacturer- the Consumer rights Act specifies this.

I would suggest that if you have had nothing back, give them a call and speak to someone. be nice and polite, and if nothing comes of it, tell them you will proceed with legal action, or if you feel. Usually that bumps things up but if it doesnt, th eCitizens Rightew Bureau have letter templates for starting legal action, and on the 2 occassions I have ever had it ttaken this far, its worked on the first notification.

9. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Sale of goods act NOT SUITABLE FOR THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT WAS INTENDED>>>> MONEY BACK OR REPLACEMENT YOUR CHOICE, If he wont comply and i bet he wont. Small Claims Court.And thats a lot of fun. NOT.

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  10. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward HEY YOU GUYS

Should not even get that far to me it’s obviously happened before to even do a T&C’s section how the site has done

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  11. 80yarder

80yarder Engaging Member

This sort of statement is pure cr*p, and just designed to mislead. Although it is meaningless, it should immediately put you on your guard about the intentions of the retailer. It doesn't matter what they (or anyone else) says, in the UK the retailer is responsible to the customer for the quality of the product.

I suggest you give Citizens Advice a call on 03454 04 05 06 before you do anything else.

Alan

hughlle, Davie82 and PBaz Barrett like this.
  12. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

If you paid for it via your credit card or paypal - go through them. Do it now. Especially on paypal as there is a short time limit.

Their rules supersede any T&Cs on any webpage. Just report what happened and they will take up the slack.

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  13. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging lead me!'

Thanks for the advice everybody, much appreciated, will let you know how things go on.. ps I used paypal to purchase..

Sanguinius and Trampilot like this.
  14. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

In that case go Paypal. They will recoup the money for you. Best of luck.

Sanguinius and PBaz Barrett like this.
  15. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Well if you paid by credit or debit card and the goods are faulty etc you can get a refund via your bank (if a debit card was used) or the credit card company. You are also legally entitled to a cooling off period,7days from the date of receiving the goods i believe,if the goods are not what you want or expected them to be where the seller is legally obliged to give you a full refund including the cost of returning the goods.
    If the goods are genuinely faulty then you are legally entitled to a refund or replacement,no argument but i believe the seller is perfectly entitled to have the goods returned first to check and see if your claim is valid.
    If the goods were properly packed but were damaged during transit then the seller not the buyer must claim off the carrier company.
    It may be best to send it back and ask for refund but which ever carrier you use make sure you get it signed for when returned
    When buying an item you are in the first 30 days of purchase from the date of purchase should it become faulty entitled to a replacement or refund.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    PBaz Barrett likes this.
  16. PW1

PW1 Shooting the breeze.

I think PayPal will sort it out for you. It's a shame really as I was avidly reading your thread about the unit and was waiting for some night footage before getting one, thankfully it won't be from Clive if at all, now.

Regards
    Peter

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  17. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

If you are going to return the item, which sounds like the best option, then there are several couriers who will pick up from your house, work etc. I normally go through parcel2go for odd sized parcels and there will be a lot of options and prices to compare. Do choose a signed for, tracked service so you can tell when it's arrived and check your insurance levels as well.

18. tymawr

tymawr Engaging Member

ALWAYS! ALLAYS! ALLAYS! Pay by CC over the internet ... NOT palpay or any other online payment system, Then if it goes tits up you just cancle the payment

"To withdraw consent, simply tell whoever issued your card (the bank, building society or credit card company) that you don't want the payment to be made. Youcan tell the card issuer by phone, email or letter. ... They have to stop thepayments if you ask them to."

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  19. pbrown

pbrown Bunghole

The above applies for "future" payments, no one send goods and then takes payment after you have received them.

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  20. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Your rights under the Consumer Rights Act are against the retailer – the company that sold you the product – not the manufacturer, so you must take any claim to the retailer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.