1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Do I or don't I ?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Hoodster, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Hoodster

Hoodster Engaging Member

Trade my s510 towards the new hft500 ? My s510 has no anti-tamper something I'm going to need taken out of the hft500 once the warranty is up of course, and my s510 is a very accurate rifle do you guys think the hft500 is worth a mint s510 in walnut and £400 ?
    I really like the look and feel of the hft500 but can't quite decide if its worth it :confused:

2. themadspread

themadspread Donator

not in my book

3. milek

milek Honorary Member

You could get a very nice fully adjustable custom stock for your 510 with change for that £400

4. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

That's an old book:p:D

5. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

Not to me but then I don't like the HFT500. £400 is a lot of cash though on top of your rifle

6. npmair

npmair Engaging Member

I would keep my walnut sporter 0.22 AA S510 Xfac and with the extra 400 quid I would buy a Walther R8 in 0.177 to play with.

In fact, this is exactly what I am going to do ;)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  7. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned BANNED

If you fancy a change mate have a change ...try the 500 for a while you mignt prefer it ...but after a while if you dont sell it and get another s510 or something different .if people tell you not to change youll always think perhaps you should of done .if they tell you to change and you wished you never you cant blame them for it .what do you want to do ????

8. Hoodster

Hoodster Engaging Member

I think I'm going to do the trade I was looking for something to have a more serious assault on the hft next season and hopefully this will be just the tool to do the job.
    I don't really like the custom target stocks, too much wood most of them look like piano lids so that's not really an option for me and I have played with a walther r8 in .22 and it's not for me I know I'm not getting a great deal but in the current market who is.

9. Silwer

Silwer Member

I would do it, if it would make me happy and feeling that i have put my Money were my hobby needs me to, why must Everything be cheap? if this is a intrest you like and this change will make it more fun it's Worth it.

This seems to be common in many places, i'm from Sweden and people is thinking that way here to like fishing, motorcycles or whatever is ok to pay whatever for, but not airguns, often because they still don't see it as real guns or something.

If you feel you really want this buy it, it's not like a airgun like that is worthles if you in the future want ro sell it either, Those cheap BS airguns from Hatsan ans China is most often Worth nothing at all used, this is a thing people tend to forget, they just Think "this is to expensive".

Well good stuff cost Money, it's Always like that at least in a niche like this is.

No be an egoist give yourself a present you like.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  10. timmytree

timmytree Top Poster

Is the HFT 500 action that much different to the S510? Probably not.
    Find out if they are interchangeable, if they are then buy the HFT stock and sell your walnut stock to recoup some money, you get the stock you want with an action you know and hasn't got A/T fitted, you'll save some money as well.
    Regards
    Tim

11. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

Yes there are differences thicker free floating barrel no nasty mag system to toughen the cocking. About 40mm barrel anchor longer air tube higher shot count. Fully adjustable trigger and adjustable stock. Dedicated 177 loading port. Not 22 with a177 bolt. It is a serious bit of kit compared to the 4/500 standards.

12. Bluefrog

Bluefrog Busy Member

If thats what you want to do then go for it mate.

I am thinking of upgrading my HFT rifle from my S400. I couldn't bare to part with my 400 though so will be saving for a separate rifle.

Now the new HFT500 looks very nice, you also have the Goldstar coming out from BSA and the FTP900 hasnt been out long. However im thinking more along the lines of a EV2 or Steyr 110 as they are both proven. The others are yet to be proven though im sure they will once any niggles are sorted out

Good luck with whatever you do but make sure your decision is your own and one you are happy with

13. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Honorary Member

A few thoughts; not nec. biased in either direction..

Firstly, for HFT IMO the '500 offers a lot over a standard S510 - better stock ergonomics, better balance (more muzzle weight), probable better ultimate accuracy (better quality, floating barrel), no fannying about with single-shot loaders. As Darklord mentions it's a lot more gun than the standard S510 - barring the single-shot capacity.

Secondly, £500 PX on a Walnut-stocked S510 isn't a bad price IMO; although you might get a more privately.

Thirdly, depending on your level of OCD a good gun is worth hanging onto once you've got one - they're not all the same and will all vary in terms of how well they've been put together, maintained and treated. Flogging your known-good S510 now on the basis that you can always get another might well be shooting yourself in the foot, so to speak. If you like it, have done work on it, know it inside out... keep it.

While I usually agree with Timmytree, IMO looking to "upgrade" your existing S510 with '500 bits is a waste of time - even if parts were available I suspect you'd pay more for the stock, barrel, cylinder, breech block, trigger blade etc than you would for a new rifle - hell, the only bits that appear interchangeable are the inlet / exhaust valves, striker and trigger assys.

Were I in your position I'd keep the S510 and save up for an HFT-500. Nasty lefty-unfriendly sidelever and AT notwithstanding, they're both great guns and having both would cover both hunting and target bases with two operationally-similar rifles built on a shared platform :)

14. timmytree

timmytree Top Poster

I only suggested swapping stocks! :D

15. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Honorary Member

Ahh.. ok. Evidently didn't read your post thoroughly enough :p

That said, unlike the ultimate sporter where the stock makes 95% of the gun; you'd be missing out on other HFT-500 goodies such as the excellent floating barrel!

16. Hoodster

Hoodster Engaging Member

Well I did the deal after considering my needs I think it was the right choice I wanted a target rifle not a hunting rifle so it made sense to do the deal although I didn't want to get rid of my s510 I knew once I had my hft500 for target and my phoenix for hunting and plinking I have no use for another pcp so it would have spent some time in the gun cupboard before I would have finally got rid anyway.
    After a day at the range with this rifle I am over the moon it is incredibly accurate pellet on pellet at 55 yards in breezy conditions noticeably more accurate than my s510 was.
    [​IMG]

17. Bluefrog

Bluefrog Busy Member

Nice looking rifle mate.

18. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Do you shoot at PARC by any chance? Excellent rifle too ;)

19. Hoodster

Hoodster Engaging Member

yeah first year member I've also got emlymoor that's about the same distance from me but haven't managed to get there yet.