1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Do I Get Rid Of The Prosport?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by timmytree, Jun 14, 2019.

1. timmytree

timmytree Big Poster

I've had the old girl for 8 years now, put many 1000s of pellets through her plinking, shot all legal quarry and had some wonderful times but I'm finding I'm using her less and less. It may be a weight thing, carrying that lump around the farm without a sling is starting to tire me.
    But part of me thinks it was the PS that got me back into air rifles and she should stay at home even if she only gets taken out to be cleaned occasionally, but then she should also be used because thats what she was bought for.
    I'm torn, genuinely unsure what to do. She isn't just a piece of wood and metal, I've taken her apart so many times I reckon I could do it blindfold. I still get her out just to rub a rag over her and smell that familiar blend of oil and grease. It's a lacquered beech stock but with light patches where my hands have worn away the lacquer yet the shine is still there where oil from my skin has polished the wood.
    Come on then, what should I do?

sidney likes this.
  2. chewyd99

chewyd99 Busy Member

If you can put it in a cupboard and keep safe as what a iconic rifle and surely will not lose money and a great rifle to get out in years to come

3. Mr wolf

Mr wolf Sad times

I did this twice.... and regretted it

mmamonster likes this.
  4. StellaArtois Sr

StellaArtois Sr Springer Whore

Because you are torn as what to do, I would keep it. Unless you are selling it to finance something, then I would definitely keep it.
    From you thread I am reading it's more than just a rifle to you, it appears to have great sentimental value of which I think you would
    regret the moment you sold it. If you don't need the money, then don't let it go.
    Ade :thumb:

Lon'gun and PiL like this.
  5. bobjen38

bobjen38 Busy Member

Put yourself a sling on it and take her out once a month, excuse to keep it.

JohnHG likes this.
  6. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

I’d keep it as it’s just “one of those” rifles if you know what I mean.

If she does go, make sure it’s a good home.

7. hamza

hamza Engaging Member

The only reason to sell it would be if you had literally no more space left to keep it.

Hang on to it.

I still have my first air rifle from when I was 12.

Blue BSA likes this.
  8. timmytree

timmytree Big Poster

I thought about giving it to my oldest son but I know he wouldn't bond with it like I have.
    I don't need the money but I feel it's like a classic car, should be used, not an ornament.
    More thinking time!

9. Dailacey

Dailacey Engaging Member

I think you’ve already made up your mind and you know you should keep it. You talk about it like it has personality and you have a relationship, which is probably true. If you get rid of this gun, you’ll regret it instantly. My advice, buy a nice walnut stock for her if you can and re-kindle the love in new clothes.

10. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Do not get rid of it, the PS is one of the rifles many want, a good one is allegedly a treasure. I still miss my 60S and my Sirocco!

Mr wolf likes this.
  11. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

If you sell it and regret it how did difficult is it to replace?

If the answer is really difficult then don’t sell.

12. FPoole

FPoole Busy Member

Don't do it, it's not eating anything so it costs you nothing to keep it. I have 8 TX's and only shoot 1 at a time and only 3 are in the rotation. I think of selling some, but I simply can't choose between them. You do have grandchildren as well, but I guess that brings up another tough choice.

Gary Jones likes this.
  13. timmytree

timmytree Big Poster

Luckily so far you're all thinking emotionally like me. I might have to join a club and spend some range time with the old girl. I know she can do it, I'm the weak link. Time to look back at the hunting pics and target cards.

Dailacey likes this.
  14. JoeHeugh

JoeHeugh Busy Member

No, she is a memory. Put her away for now and with luck, one day you will take her out again. You can do that with a rifle, women perhaps not.

15. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Post Whore

Keep her. And be ashamed you had to ask.

PiL and Rattymcrattyface like this.
  16. Jagdwaffen

Jagdwaffen Suns up guns up

You could just tell her "it's not you its me"......that you need some time apart and that you still love her.

Mr wolf likes this.
  17. berbers

berbers Engaging Member

Theres no reason to sell it, lots of reasons to keep it, the biggest being simply because you like it. Its doing you no harm sitting in the cupboard and as you said you still get a buzz from cleaning it.

I had a similar situation with my TX. I hadnt even taken it out the cupboard for a garden plink in almost a year so thought i would earn some cash. The second i handed it over i knew it was a mistake. The only consolation was it paid for a weekend away that i couldnt have afforded otherwise.

18. ples73

ples73 Donator

Me personally I would continue what you are doing with it ..in your head your thinking it should be used as it was designed for but in your heart you know you would regret it .I know I would because I've been in that situation

19. EastmidsHD

EastmidsHD Keep pullin' that trigger..

I've sold many guns since I got back into shooting a couple of years ago. I guess for me I was like a kid in a sweet shop and always wanted to try something new.

When I got my shotgun and firearms licence come through I sold all my air rifles believing that I wouldn't need them.

I was very wrong. I now have a daystate mk4is and 2 Prosports, 1 in each calibre. Of all the rifles I sold, only a couple are truly missed and I still think about being an arse for selling them.

Like some have mentioned, the Prosports are a lovely rifle and I'm happy to finally have a couple in my cabinet. 1 of them will do doubt be sold as there's no need for me to have 2.

I guess what I'm saying is, after reading your post, you seem to have a genuine attachment to your gun, much more than I had with the ones I was attached to - you also have had them for a lot lot longer than I, so I can only hazard a guess as to the sentimental attachment you have.

You have mentioned that financially you are OK so that's not the driving force for your uncertainty, if that's true then I honestly think you should keep it, I have a horrible feeling that you will genuinely regret selling your prized rifle.

sidney likes this.
  20. trumpetier

trumpetier Big Poster

It holds many memories and sounds like it holds huge Sentimental value, KEEP IT ;)