1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Diy Build

Discussion in 'Night Vision Optics' started by windymiller, Dec 18, 2018.

1. windymiller

windymiller bm100 thumbhole

first steps thought id post a couple of pics and again thank terry for the 302312 questions ive sent him via pm's !!! the adaptable box is just a project box via flea bay, the flowplast rodding eye (as i found out the hard way is the only one the camera fits into) has had the back of the rodding eye cap cut off and the thread cut down a bit IMG_20181218_163950203[1].jpg IMG_20181218_164011826[1].jpg

2hot2trot and themadspread like this.
  2. windymiller

IMG_20181228_163500124[1].jpg so i now have enought bits to make a dozen units lol but soldered all together (box is a tad small) switched it on and nowt :oops::oops::oops: turns out i hadnt grounded the camera (id assumed a terminal was ground and it wasnt) swapped it over an bingo !!! dead chuffed it works !!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):)

3. Scots Bob

Scots Bob Donator

The man Terry is one very helpful guy:thumb:

windymiller likes this.
  4. windymiller

soz been a while and havent been able to commit any time to the build but so yesterday i did attach the camera via the nite site rubber mount and switched on for the first time (daytime) and was really impressed with the image quality, does anyone have any thoughts on ideas to mount the screen to the scope and the ir torch to the scope ?? iw scope clamps and or weaver rails etc ?? o_Oo_O

5. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

Have a look at my YouTube channel as I did a short video on this.

6. windymiller

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  7. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

8. windymiller

ah so forgive me for being thick but then could that one serve to hold the torch and be a mount for the screen ??:oops::oops: im planing on the screen being above the scope

9. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

You can turn it to suit your requirements but it will hold both the screen and torch. I prefer to have the screen on the (left) side and the torch on the right. Doing it like this I look slightly down at the screen most of the time and don't get as much light back on my face, it also seems to balance better. When I mount all the parts in and on a project box I use a heavy duty mount such as those used to fit a sat nav in a car and with the mount in the corner of the box I have a fair bit of flexibilty in the screen position as I can fit the weaver rail on top of or beside the scope and still adjust the screen to where I want it. As soon as you have tried one in the field you'll think of alternative ways to use it, it's not always obvious on the workbench.

windymiller likes this.
  10. windymiller

11. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

The 30mm version is quite rare but the link you gave has a 25 - 30mm version with the 30mm hole at the weaver rail end so this will work on a 30mm tubed scope. Standard weaver scope mounts will fit this adapter, high ones make most sense, and they can be bought or adapted to fit torches, monitors etc. You won't need top quality mounts for this type of application, the cheap single screw ones will be fine.

windymiller likes this.
  12. windymiller

ta terry only battery questions left now lol :oops::oops: time i get this finished it will be the longest day !!!

13. windymiller

does anyone know the tube diameter of the t38 oslon black torch ?? cant seem it anywhere :oops::oops:

14. genisis22

genisis22 Engaging Member

25mm , only head size changes

windymiller likes this.
  15. windymiller

ta buddy thought it wud be

16. windymiller

so the t38 turned up but sadly when i went to insert my box onto the rubber sleeve the pipe fitting came unglued (id used ct1 ) but cudnt not try the set up in the dark so just took it outdoors and omfg :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: whats that song ??

;););)

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  17. windymiller

so typed in 12v dc rechargeable into ebay and got far too many matches lol, would this be suitable for do i need bigger ma ?https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2800mAh-...=item1a4d5b232d:g:sXAAAOSwo4pYGVWf:rk:23:pf:0
    the nite site one is 2000ma, also do wonder if i will need to change the pill in the t38 to the three mode one as even at 110m it was seriously bright but that wasnt with the camera looking through the scope

18. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

eBay packs are hit and miss, and mostly miss. Elwirecraft do a good one and get their 1 amp charger and you’ll be fine.

windymiller likes this.
  19. windymiller

ta terry and to be fair thats a good price on the elwire option, would you go 1800ma or 2800ma ?, many of the batteries on flea bay and amazon have mixed reviews o_O

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  20. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

The 2800mah option seems to be the better one for nv use, I know several people have this and I've not heard any complaints.
    The ebay ones (they used to be blue and are sometimes referred to as blue batteies) tend to be very poor with low capacity and a tendency to swell up and fail with little use. They also have cheap and nasty chargers which add to the problem. There have been some good ones but the odds are heavily against this.

windymiller likes this.