1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Disappointed with Daystate Pulsar

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by carnivore, May 12, 2015.

1. carnivore

carnivore Very Active

2. gasman

gasman It tasted like chicken

along with the 'all new aa battery holder' yeah right, money make scheme :(

3. john79

john79 Big Poster

The electronics all come from maplins as well :eek:

4. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

It would look loads better if the full stock was wood!!

5. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I agree there mate, it would look so much better :up:

I'm not knocking the pulsar because after owning a mk4 I know these electric guns shoot superb and I also bet the pulsar handles great but it's not for me I'm afraid

6. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

DS have come in for plenty of stick of late so maybe with the launch of a new gun, an expensive New gun people's expectations are high as they do have a reputation built on high end guns but their crown seems to be slipping in many people's eyes.

In pictures many find it nor very good looking, I'm one of those people but those who have them say they fair better in the flesh. I will reserve judgement until I see one up close.

I do agree though they could have tried harder given the money they are asking.

That all said, I would love to have one.

7. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

I don't like the look of them at all but I do no they can't make em quick enough .They are selling

8. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

i would never knock any rifle before I even tried it, but a woman needs to be too your taste to fancy a rummage;):D

9. carnivore

carnivore Very Active

Let me make it plain that I'm not knocking the Pulsar's performance ( I haven't tried one yet ) or looks ( I love bull-pups ) just the 'easier than making a better one' look of the grip. Surely a rifle maker charging at the top end of the price scale should do better than it has.

10. gasman

I had a little hold the other week, just don't like the look, all black or all wood, the mix of both just to me looks more like DS trying to use all the parts from the part bin to save make new parts.also just can't believe the battery? WTF that all about:confused:

I used to love daysatate

11. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

For me looking further down the road with newer guns from day state is the new side lever, it looks really slick on the pulsar. A mk4is side lever would of be something :D

12. stryder5

stryder5 Donator

Looks like they are onto a winner then, what volumetric so do you have? How does this compare market volume wise with other rifle producers?

13. Critanime

Critanime Donator

I did read in a recent shooting mag, think it was last months Air Gunner, an article where they do a tour of the Daystate factory. And it does have a snippet where they admit they buy a lot of components from 3rd parties. And from the looks of things I reckon the place making the grips for them probably makes several types of the same grip for different systems/companies.

Doesn't excuse the cost in my eyes. While it's a beautiful gun I do get the impression you are paying for the name and the computer internals.

14. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

I don't no the exact figures mate but my local rfd haven't got any in stock and they carry a lot of stock...and they are sold before they get them in..so daystate must be doing something right atb

15. Shooter22

Shooter22 Donator

I wish I could change my username, lost faith totally in them with no reprieve.

They'll never get another penny out of me.

16. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

You can change your username

17. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Hi,

To change your username, please click the below link and the moderation team will change your username as you request.

Thanks.

http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/forms.php?do=form&fid=1

18. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

All new battery holder? Is that much of a USP?

19. Critanime

Critanime Donator

I can see the benefits.

• Easy to replace dead batteries.
    • user replaceable if they fail in the field.
    • no expensive battery charger/battery to fail
    • cheaper to buy the components in

I do think the cost is going on the computer and firing mechanism along with that side lever. But with the likes of Evanix and more cheap Chinese bullpups making a bigger push this side of the market I wonder if they can justify the cost.

20. gasman

in can see two major downfalls,
    1) water ingress
    2) too many connections to fail
    anyone who's ever run RC cars will know what I'm taking about here