1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Diana air rifles

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by David, Dec 23, 2008.

1. David

David Engaging Member

This is my collection of air rifles, I prefer springs to pcp I just find them more challenging and less equipment needed to use them, this is personal preference rather than a fact

one of them is the Diana 46 stutzen with the mannlicher stock, scoped with a tasco 24times zoom in .177 cal @ 12ftlb. This rife is highly accurate, I was challenged to hit a bell target at 75 yards down range, I won the bet hands down

the other smaller rifle is a joy to shoot in the back garden, it a Diana series 70 model 74 smooth bore (Brass barrel no rifling) in .177 @ 6ftlb

I shot a pigeon of its perch at 15 yards, I dont like killing for killing sake but it just proves that 6ftlb is still powerful enough to do some damage

2. holocaball

holocaball Newbie

Dear David!!
    About your smaller rifle...Isn´t a Diana 16 ? I have a similar toy "made in Germany" (circa 1950).
    Congratulations from Argentina !
    Horatio

3. hughie

hughie Posting Addict

Totally agree with you there David, its all the charging gear that puts me off pcps.

4. Henry

Henry Junior Member

I have an old Diana model 22.

5. markus_1983uk

markus_1983uk Newbie

I have a Diana Zero

I have a Diana Zero which i was given as a youngster, side cocking lever, it has detachable end barrel for firing .177, or with it off can be used with corks. Still in working condition but the lever has been repaired
    Im open to offers if anyone is interested, just let me know and i will get some pics posted. My email is markus_1983uk@hotmail.com
    All the best

6. johnbaz

johnbaz Big Poster

WOW!!

David, your Diana 46 is beautiful and i fully intend getting one to accompany my BSA Airsporter Stutzen and my Gamo Stutzen:cool::cool:

My only Diana at the moment (though i have an Original mod 50 and a mod45) is a sidelever mod52, a fantastic rifle:up:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards, John:)

7. Titchgamer

Titchgamer Honorary Member

Nope thats a 74. Mines up for sale if anyone is intrested :p

Nice pair tho David. :p

8. yabaman

yabaman Newbie

I agree too, i have a great Air Arms XTRA FAC pcp which is so acurate,but its too easy.Springers give you that challenge, thats why i held on to my BSA Superstar and ordered the new Diana 430 Stutzen which i cant wait to receive.

9. bungle

bungle Busy Member

I love the Stutzen! Definately next on the list :)

10. Slurm

Slurm Engaging Member

how about a nice model 38, mines up for sale *whistles*

11. yabaman

yabaman Newbie

All three Diana 120th aniverssary models are 16 joules.I think Diana have decided to concentrate on less power and better accuracy.I think its a sensible move,since they have the high power range covered, also accurate but not for novices.