1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Derbyshire Air Rifle Meet

Discussion in 'Links' started by TinCan Tony, May 27, 2018.

1. TinCan Tony

TinCan Tony Next video please

Been here a couple of times now, and it's a great place. I'll be going back every fortnight...

https://yeaveley-estate.co.uk/derbyshire-air-rifle-meet/

Great staff, great location and great people. Me and Mrs TinCan, daughter and son-in-law enjoyed a few hours on the zeroing range, just plinking at some targets. That was just us, but there's much more than that available. A long range (75M) standing shoot, a very well provided plinking range and some great FT targets in the woods. And, they do a great Full English breakfast too.

Mrs TinCan having a bit of fun with my RM8...
    IMG_1797.JPG

My daughter doing the same...
    IMG_1808.JPG

My Son-In-Law enjoying it too...
    IMG_1833.JPG

Apparently, this is me...
    IMG_1821.JPG

What's not to like about a Sunday morning's plinking like this?

Bring your own targets and plinkers and put them at any distance you like...
    IMG_1804.JPG

IMG_1826.JPG

Just go along and have a bit of fun. Absolutely nobody judges you on your crap shooting here and there's nobody looking over your shoulder to see how good (or, in my case, how bad) you are. It's just a great place to have a bit of plinking fun in Derbyshire.

themadspread, Nubble and wizwozuk like this.
  2. TinCan Tony

We can't even pull a 50M tape measure out in a straight line :D
    But, who cares? It's all about having a bit of fun ;)

mmamonster and milek like this.
  3. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy - Pepe Le Pew

Looks wonderful Tony. Nice to hear that you all had a nice day.

TinCan Tony likes this.
  4. TinCan Tony

Great morning's plinking. We all enjoyed it. Even the breakfast in the lodge was superb :thumb:

5. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy - Pepe Le Pew

Sounds it mate. And enjoy your trip to the RFD tomorrow. Don't forget the credit card:);):p

TinCan Tony likes this.
  6. TinCan Tony

RFD? Eerrmm? :confused:

7. TinCan Tony

Oh, yes. I almost forgot about that. Stupid boy (me). Oh well, credit card at the ready :eek:

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  8. TinCan Tony

Going again tomorrow (Sunday) and Mrs TinCan now has her own rifle, so no pressure then :eek:

Anyone else fancy joining us for a bit of plinking?

Sometimes we hit the targets, other times we hit... erm... grass, tree trunks, sky, the moon etc ;)

9. wizwozuk

wizwozuk Busy Member

I intend to give it a go as soon as I get a day off! I naively hadn't considered that I'd need targets, table, seat et al., They are ordered and winging their way to us and my wife got a new gun today so it's all good. When we turn out I'll drop you a line to see if you'll be around. Enjoy your day tomorrow!

TinCan Tony likes this.
  10. TinCan Tony

She's 'prone' to a bit of plinking is Mrs TinCan (pun intended) :D
    Hang on a bit, that's my rifle she's shooting (that's because TinCan Tony likes shooting hers) ;)
    Actually, I was just zeroing the scope for her - honest :p

IMG_2002.JPG

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  11. TinCan Tony

These are meant to be 'Shoot-And-See' (Shoot-n-C) targets. With my .22 RM8 they work fine, but let Mrs TinCan loose on them with her .177 BSA they become Shoot-And-Obliterate! They're not cheap targets, so once she'd knocked the red centre dot out, she made the best of what was left of them - which wasn't much :eek:

IMG_1993.JPG IMG_1995.JPG IMG_1996.JPG

wizwozuk likes this.
  12. The Squire

The Squire Engaging Member

Hi Tony, recognise where you were shooting yesterday now from your pics, I'll say hello next time!

Wizwoz, you don't need to take your own targets, there is a plinking range set up with circa 50 resetting target ranging from 10 to 50 yards, a HFT style course set out in the woods, plus the other stuff Tony has mentioned.

Regards,
    Dave.

TinCan Tony likes this.
  13. wizwozuk

wizwozuk Busy Member

Ah, I see. Thanks for that. Good to know. :up:

TinCan Tony likes this.
  14. TinCan Tony

Sorry for the extremely late relpy, Dave. For some reason I've only just found it.

Me and Mrs TinCan will be there again on Sunday. Will you be there?

15. TinCan Tony

Dave (The Squire) is perfectly correct, all you need is your gun(s) and pellets for the plinking range or the FT targets.
    But Me and Mrs TinCan just start on the zeroing range and have a bit of fun shooting the grass and the trees (sometimes we hit the targets too) ;)

wizwozuk likes this.
  16. TinCan Tony

Just as Dave said.
    But sometimes it can be fun plinking away on the zeroing range too :up:

wizwozuk likes this.
  17. TinCan Tony

Anyone going tomorrow?
    Me and Mrs TinCan will be there as usual :D

18. wizwozuk

wizwozuk Busy Member

Yes! Me and our lass! Will look for you..well a tin can anyway ;) I'll be the big fella, beard,silver Subaru, looking lost.
    Be nice to put a face to the guns.

TinCan Tony likes this.
  19. TinCan Tony

Hopefully see you later :thumb:

20. Rabbitpie

Rabbitpie Posting Addict

I wonder if my other half would like to come and play one day. She’s never shot a rifle before and this looks like the place to let her try and teach her(the best I can lol/).

TinCan Tony likes this.