1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Delivery drivers

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by Akita177, May 21, 2014.

1. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

Well done delivery drivers who knock your door then leave the parcel on the step and dont bother waiting even 1 second before getting in their van and driving off.
    My mum then checks the tracking No. which says it has been recieved and signed for with swiggle thats supposed to be our signature, what a load of rollox:mad:

So if someone walked of with our parcel what would happen at it would apear we have signed for it?

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

If the signature didn't match the one on their wee electronic thingy, then you have them by the boz:)

3. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

id be more concerned that he had just pinched my van:p

4. Akita177

Their Van matey read again he he:D
    Anyway the phone line was a premium number, so complaint sent by email.

5. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

i see what you did there,;)

6. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

its happened to me countless times with parcel force
    i gave up complaining as they do sod all about it
    makes my :censored: blood boil :mad::mad:

7. worzelese

worzelese Well-Known Member

By that logic, you could purposely sign with a different signature then claim you haven't received it. So, no.. a non matching signature means nothing in terms of claiming non receipt.

8. milek

milek Honorary Member

Despite requesting and paying for RMSD my postman signs my name and leaves it on the doorstep. He doesn't give a monkeys neither does his boss who I have had it out with on two occasions. RM complaints couldn't be less interested if they tried. It's fraud but acceptable in their opinion.

9. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Yes, only if you are purposefully trying to pull a fast one

10. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Where's the time going?

Parcelforce are getting better I got this just yesterday...

[​IMG]

11. Akita177

Funnily enough its the same company.

12. Jim of Cov

Jim of Cov Donator

As a Postie I would never do this, especially now since we all have vans and all have to return to the office anyway, but I know other offices where the management has their boot on the Posties windpipe, and it's getting worse since privatisation. In Leamington about many Posties are off with stress and more are pursuing claims for bullying/harassment. Standards will fall as a slash and burn mentatility is implemented.

13. Egg

Egg Major Poster

The regular PF driver that has my house as part of his route is really sound - no way he'd leave anything on the doorstep, he knows the next-door neighbour's sound so he'd leave anything with them if there was nobody home but failing that he'd leave a shut-notice and come back next day.

14. harry brown

harry brown Banned

I've had loads of hassle with delivery drivers. the worst being a Sub contractor for Parcel Force. He didn't even bother delivering he just loaded them on his van and took them back in the evenings having never even been to my place.

It started when I hadn't received a parcel I'd been waiting for from Italy, it was a few days late but I wasn't too concerned. Anyhow eventually the guy emailed from Italy and asked why I hadn't collected it from the P.O as it had sat there for days, he'd checked his tracking. I wasn't aware as I'd had no card posted through my door. When I rang the P.O they said they were about to send it back to the depot!

So I complained and fortunately for me I kept a note of who I spoke to at the depot.

A week later I'm waiting for a parcel from the states, check the tracking and it stays a delivery will be made at approx 14.00 I'm in but no knock at the door. I check the tracking at 15.00 and it says deliver attempted but no one to take the parcel. Absolute crap! Also no card posted through to advise me again. The driver couldn't be bothered to actually do his job and deliver parcels, simple as!

I complained again and it went on for ages and in the end due to no help from local management I took it direct to the boss of P.F Gary Simpson. He got his complaints woman on the case and she was very good and sort of resolved it. Problem is all these drivers that are dodgy have employment rights and are very difficult to sack, which is why you should complain so a case can be built up against them.
    Out of desperation after weeks of arguing the case, the driver said he couldn't leave a card because I didn't have a letterbox or bell! A photo of both was soon emailed through to head office at Milton Keynes. He said I must have had them added afterwards!!!! The building is 40yrs old, the postie delivers stuff everyday no problem!!!!

The items I was expecting were often well in excess of £1000 and I got nervous with muppets like this mucking me about.
    I will add most delivery drivers do a good job, but it only takes one to give them a bad reputation.