1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Decent morning.

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by engraver, Sep 14, 2014.

1. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Just a quicky, had a decent morning with a mate, who has just opened a gunshop;).

Managed another Jay and a few jackdaws, the jackdaws out of shot, (Jay on the bucket)

Birds are definitely getting harder to decoy now and bunching up for winter, however had some decent flurries.

Was a thoroughly enjoyable morning, some nice pacy shooting due to where we were, that bit of wind made for some long crossers.

My friend brought along his new R10 and managed a few birds with that, I had a few shots and Im astonished at how quiet it was with the silencer he used, definitely quieter than anything Ive got anyway and very accurate, topped with a Nikko diamond scope I thought the whole rig was very impressive, Ive heard mixed reports about them over the years but now Ive used one I'm very impressed with them, may have to have a look at those in the future wouldn't mind one myself.

Anyway had a quick piccie before packing up and as always as we collected the deeks found another 4 birds lol, not spectacular bag of woodies but enough to make it enjoyable as always.:up:

[​IMG]

2. harry brown

harry brown Banned BANNED

I'm assuming most of the birds are yours then Elliot? looks like you had a good day.
    Seems your mate takes the better photos with his phone than yours though! ;)

3. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned BANNED

Nice picture and write up. Is that a 12 semi or 20. Looks nice. KB1

4. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Yes thats right lol

Hes good with camera as he used to have a fishing shop and ran trips to river ebro he was showing me pics today of some of the big cats he has had and carp, they were massive, so hes taken a pic or two.

My guns a 12 mate 3.5" mag actually mate but only 26" barrel I ordered specifically from belgium, it took a while to get set up right for me but I dont miss many with it now, I let my mate have a few shots and he liked it as he got a right un left straight away, said it fitted him better than his own gun lol.

They are nice slender little guns little recoil.

5. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

Good shooting again Elliot. I've had a R10 and it was a fantastically accurate gun, a wee bit long for me but a nice gun and never missed a beat either.

6. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned BANNED

I would have put money on it being a 20 bore. Looking for one just like that for myself soon hopefully, but will be going for the 20 bore. Value my shoulder too much. KB1

7. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Trouble with 20s mate is the shells are more expensive and you end up shooting shells with as much shot as a 12 using a semi anyway.

The bonus of a semi is low recoil, so you can shoot 32 gram shells through mine and it recoils about the same as an over and under 20bore.

I get using over and under 20s but my advice if your going for a semi is to get a 12 as shells get more expensive every year.

Plus you can shoot geese and foxes with these with big shot right through to 3.5" shells although ive never used them myself its good to know I can go wildfowling if I want as that's what I originally bought it for as the mates were going on a yearly trip and asked me if I wanted to go, but havent been since, sods law.

8. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

As engraver says if you are having one semi auto shotgun get a 12. It's the weight of the shot in the cartridge that gives the recoil.

A typical load for a 20 bore would be 28g of shot.
    Shooting 28g of shot in a 12 bore would recoil a little less than in 20 bore as the 12 will be slightly heavier.
    As engraver says the 12 bore especially in the 3 1/2 inch double magnum can handle a nice soft recoiling pigeon shell at 28g and then when you see a fox coming along the hedge you can put a 63g shell in and shoot him a long way off with no adjustments to the gun.
    Then you see some geese coming over you can put in a 56g steel and take them again with no adjustments.
    20 bore semi autos are nice light fast guns but don't have the flexibility of a 12.

Also worth thinking about when buying a semi auto buy one with a scope rail as some time in the future you may need to control some foxes and if it has a scope rail it's a simple matter to quickly drop on NIght vision or a scope and lamp. You may never need it but having the option is handy.

Cheers Andy

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  9. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned BANNED

That's all fine if you have the variation in quarry that you lads have. I shoot rabbits mainly whilst on my days off, that is. We bought two 20 bore over and unders for use on the airfield. Mind I think the main reason for going down the 20 bore route, was to stop any members of staff putting one of the 'explosive bird scaring projectile cartridges' in by error, as they are a 12 g also. So buying the 20 bores, meant this could not happen. Anyway, having used both of the 20s, I just thought it natural to seek out a semi in the round that I had been use to, but I take both your points. Mind I cant see a fox or goose being on the bag list for me ever. LOL. Not whilst at home anyway. Thanks for the tips mind. Will have to see what I can find out there. Cheers KB1

10. nath92

nath92 Donator

Good going as always mate thanks for sharing

Atb
    Nath

11. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

Not knocking 20 bore at all. My number one go to gun is my silenced 20 bore its all I ever use decoying and roost shooting.

Just If having one shotgun 12 is more flexible. But I guess its pointless having that flexibility if you don't need it.
    On small vermin there is no a lot to chose between 12 and 20.
    Cheers Andy

12. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

That pigeon pie will need a hell of a pastry:)