1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Debate :)

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by TheBish, Feb 8, 2014.

1. TheBish

TheBish Junior Member

Hello all,
    The question is, what is the most accurate SPRING air rifle (in your own opinion) , EXCLUDING the numpty shooting it.
    Have Fun
    Atb Alex

2. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Well, the pedantic answer is the one with the smoothest firing cycle, smallest shot-to-shot velocity variation, consistent powerplant and the most well-formed and weight-consistent pellets....

The short answer is my HW95.

3. OzzyJ

OzzyJ Donator

My short answer is not my HW95 - really needs a tune:)

4. Mattfranc96

Mattfranc96 Active Member

Just had a try on a bsa lightning, quite surprised by its accuracy compared to my old springer.

5. scrane

scrane Engaging Member

The FWB 300s is as accurate as I need to go at short range.

6. OLD GIT61

OLD GIT61 if no spring it wont do a thing

The bish mate i have owned a few guns in my time but you only find one thats spot on now and then. Like the last gun i had a Superstar in .177 its better than all my guns put together thats including a pcp .I would not part with it for no amount of cash . DSC01837.jpg

7. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Oooh, I forgot about that - mine is staggeringly accurate.

8. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

If you don't fancy doing it yourself, drop me a PM.... I might be able to help.

9. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

And mine :)

10. Ballisticboy

Ballisticboy Busy Member

Depends on what you define as accuracy.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  11. JD

JD Donator

Something that shoots off the nads off a gnat at 30 yds. : )

12. reaper6

reaper6 Banned

My HW55 cm

13. Jed Clampit

Jed Clampit Posting Addict

In the last year I've had in my possession for a few months at a time each a borrowed and tuned 95, a borrowed and lightened TX a bog standard borrowed LGV and a tuned and VERY nice 98. Now the obvious - is I own none of them boo-hoo.
    but I would say - they are all ungodly accurate, unless I'm the c*ck on the stock. But ifind the 98 is least hold sensitive and easiest to be accurate with.

(if at any point during the above - I actually sound like I know what I'm on about please let me know and I'll stop imeadiatly!!)

14. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

I don't think you can name a make and model. There are individual examples of several models that could probably not be improved. It is down to the barrel being flawless (that will be down to the individual barrel), the piston seal and cylinder matin gperfectly, the spring being free of imperfections throughout the wound coil - including the integrity of the wire the spring is wound from. The trigger being set up precisely - when you get all these things come together, you get an above average example of the model. Manufacturing tolerances will mean that for any model, you get some spot on, some a bit under and some a bit over the actual measurements for the design.

If you want an example of near perfection in a spring powered rifle, i think would need to examine one of John Whiscombes creations - no mass produced rifle will come withinn a country mile of them. Not even a tuned by Steve Pope mass produced rifle, they will be very good, astonishingly good, but the Whiscombe will still be way out in front. For accuracy - but you wouldn't want to carry one through the woods all day!

15. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Mk 1 HW77 Grumps has spoken :cool:

16. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Agreed! Got one in .22, ancient, unloved, awaiting some sympathetic treatment, still 10.76 ft lb, still low recoil, still accurate and with that Rekord trigger!

17. scoop

scoop Busy Member

Tx200 sr
    Never tried one but they were the gun to beat

18. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

Until you tried to shoot up into the air, rather than on the level - the sledge was a right pig to set up.

Diana also had a recoiless rifle - similar sort of springloaded recoil damper. Have you looked up the Whiscombes? THEY were the rifles to beat on the circuit.

19. audi swift

audi swift Man up & pull the bloody trigger.... HFT 101.

Live in Stoke On Trent. But i visit Bromsgrove.
    :up:

same here my good old mid 80's hw77 in the best cal what is .177 :D

20. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Grumpy is confused ! is there another calibre for sub 12 air ;):coffee: Or any springer with the legacy off the Mk1 77 Or was Grumpy the only one shooting FT 25 plus years ago and more or less every prize going to a shooter using a 77 . Still got mine all ways will . On another note the rifle most likely to cause serious injury !!! once saw a guy get his thump WASTED :puke: He had a venom 77 but had messed about with the trigger unit and set it so light it went off while he was loading it , still very careful when i load mine