1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Santa Norman

Discussion in 'Vintage collectable airguns' started by ggggr, Dec 11, 2018.

1. ggggr

ggggr Crap old gun tinkerer and wine maker

I have been a (mainly) good boy this year:) I have managed to get several gats and Milbro /Diana G2's going:frusty:, including one that had a tight barrel that needed polishing out with brasso, 2 pellets and 2 kebab skewers:confused: I got a tin grip German one working, by taking bits off a later Milbro, getting some spacers made, making a trigger guard and buying some little Metric screws to screw into the spacers to replace the proper screws. I managed to get a G2 working, finally finding a nut to fit the barrel you sent me (and found out that there are 2 different sizes:mad:). The Relum pistols are together and spare bits passed on to help someone else out, but I am waiting for one of your elves (Deejayvu) to make a wire stock:) I got the G4's working and even one of the G10's, after making a leather piston washer. The G2's , G4.s , a G10 and Gat's have all been passed on to people less fortunate than me (The have not learn't to avoid them!)
    I have managed to do a couple of Webley pistols, including one that turned up here without a barrel and linkage, but that is working fine now and is fitted with wooden grips.
    I have done a couple of Scorpions (one of which I had to put £80 worth of spares on!!!:() and worked out how to do away with the safety catch and the problems of cocking and not firing (fingers crossed).
    So Santa Norman, this year, while I would love a Noma or Lov pistol (the Webley copy one), a Pre War Diana Model 5 or even the bits from your grotto to get together a Relum break barrel pistol (NOT THE ARTEX!)-------------this year I would really appreciate a mainspring, piston unit and little circlip for a G10, so I can get the feckin bits of my table finally.:whoo:

There will be a glass of apple wine here for you and I hope the Reindeer like apples?!

Ps My friend Phil would love a compendium of monkey metal :laff: and would appreciate a box containing Gats's, G10's , Ro 71 and 72's , Manuarm's , Mondials and similar. It would help relax him on Boxing Day and take his mind off Webley "projects":D

monsta41 and pjbingham like this.
  2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

That’s some list

3. norman

norman Donator

I hope "Santa" brings you what you want/need Guy...:shrug:...i'm off to my AA meeting...o_O

pjbingham likes this.
  4. pjbingham

pjbingham Prime Kentish Beef

How have I got involved here? :facepalm: Guy you are the Monkey Metal Magician not me and Norm looks after me just fine when I’m stuck for a part or two :D
    I’m working virtually all this Xmas so very little tinker time for me sadly :( Ho Ho Ho Merry bleedin Christmas

5. ggggr

JUST the G10 spring/ piston unit would be brilliant------Then I could get rid of the thing off my table!:nana: I have posted a little "Something" (actually 2 boxes of "something" ) that might come in useful for the AA Christmas party:up:

Oh yes???? Looks after you and I get the monkey metal?! :rolleyes: I am sure a little "field stripping " of a monkey metal project would be good for the soul Phil. I mean, it is not like it is a Scorpion trigger that is not working is it?

I'm sorry you are working over Christmas. That is a bit of a Pisher:( I'd send you a nice little G10 project except my sodding Niece has called dibbs on it or it would be yours already.

Ps Chaps. If Norm does not take the somethng to the AA Christmas party, will someone please check on him to make sure he has not consumed the lot in one session and had an "underpants incident":eek::oops::eek:?
    Thanks;)

6. norman

norman Donator

When I indulge in a "heavy session" I put a couple of incontinence pads on...:finger:

I find just the one isn't sufficient any more...:facepalm:...better safe than...moist...:cool:

7. ggggr

As it comes up to Christmas I suppose it will get even quieter than normal on here so I will say "Happy Christmas" and give people the heads up:)
    Santa Norman has 3 litres of 18.8% apple wine in his possession-------------So I imagine on Boxing day he will be sat in his chair with a paper crown on his head, working his way through the apple wine, 5lb of cheese and a family pack of mince pies:eek:-----------sort of like an airgunny Father Jack. :D
    "Fek --werkbau" "Weihrauchs"
    Happy Christmas Norm

8. norman

norman Donator

"Norman" here....or Father Jack...:p

Looking forwards to tasting it Guy...strangely enough we have just bought a load of (cornish) cheese as we are in St.Ives for a short break...£4 a pint down here...I mentioned i was a pensioner but couldn't get any discount...nice pasties though...

Merry Xmas to you & everyone..hope you have a nice one & you enjoy your first pint for a month...it won't even touch the sides I bet..:confused:

9. ggggr

Well--we are here in the summer:right01: and i am waiting for some bits from "Santa Norm" If you can get in the grotto and find the rest of the bits https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery.com/relum/relum-air-pistols/ to go with the barrel of the Relum break barrel pistol you sent me :).
    I got a G10 together but if you ever come across the mainspring piston unit-----I'll pass it on to my Niece as a spare------just in case!
    On the Relum subject-----one of those underlever pistol grips----without the stock holes in --cos they are supposed to be rarer and more valuable:D

10. norman

norman Donator

:)...i'll have a look for you Guy...getting the house ready for future sale...sooo hectic...Norfolk beckons...:whoo:

11. ggggr

Cheers Norm---better get here to pick up the wine and drink it before the move--so you dont have to take it with you ;) I think there are 16 litres of it here waiting for you to pick it up. :worthless:
    But It would take me about 3 days to charge the camera , take pics, get them onto the computer and get them onto here.