1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Daystate X2W Sports R

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by chiz, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiz

chiz Engaging Member

I've just put a deposit down on one of these little beauties. (pics in gallery when i get it)

£700 rifle only. 10 Shot, Sports Design Walnut Stock, Regulated.

But before i go collect it, i'd like to know what people think of them.

Have i made the right choice?

Chiz

2. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

chiz, for the money your paying your far better off buying
    a rapid, loads more shots per fill, and far superiour build quality;)

3. chiz

chiz Engaging Member

I was looking at rapids as well!! But my knowledge of rapids is even less than what i know about normal pcp's.

The one he recommended to me was over a grand, for the rifle alone. And he said it was only good for about 150 shots per fill, which sounds disappointing to say the least. Considering the X2 is good for 120, apparently.

I can transfer my deposit over to another rifle if I change my mind, that's why i'm asking around before I commit.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  4. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

chiz, you can get a brand new rapid for the money your paying
    which are considered by most as the ultimate hunting rifle
    the build quality is second to none , plus there easy to maintain,
    do yourself a favour get one (make sure its .177);)

5. chiz

chiz Engaging Member

Right, i'm gonna take a look around right now, i'm convinced that what the bloke in the shop was telling me wasn't correct.

Any recommendations for rapids will be greatly appreciated, as well as decent shops in the Newcastle/North East area.

6. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

try bagnall & kirkwood , greys street newcastle, there fair and dont usually fill people with sh44e

7. chiz

chiz Engaging Member

That's where i was looking!!!!!

I've bought pretty much all my gear from them. They've been sound so far, i was just a little bit unsure about the price and specification of the rapids they were showing me, but that's because i don't know a great deal about rapids. I'm going to take another look tomorrow morning, armed with a little bit more knowledge.

8. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

rapid

i no where theres a mint 177 rapid for sale in sunderland a few months old of a genuine bloke pm me if you want his number

9. Cove

Cove Engaging Member

Hi Chiz,
    I've owned a regulated X2 with the synthetic stock.I would get 80+ shots(50+ from the non regged version) from a charge,which I thought was pretty good considering the size of the cylinder.I also found it to be as accurate as any other rifle I've owned and not too pellet fussy,though best results were obtained with AA Field and Daystate 4.52's.
    The negatives I had with it were now and again it would release a shot at anywhere between 6 and 9 ft/lb,though a return to factory would have sorted this.Also one of the pins holding a trigger sear in place would work loose from the housing and I had numerous pellets pulled back into the breech block which jammed the trigger and bolt.This was despite taking great care in seating the pellets past the o-ring in the magazine.I also found the stock to be too short for me and the pistol grip too small.
    Personally,if I were to choose between a Daystate and a Rapid,I would take the Rapid every time,with the Air Arms S410 a very close second.
    My main rifle is a bit of a hybrid,with an S-type action,MK.1/2 16" screwcut barrel,seated in a 2007 Mk.1 stock.For me this is the best handling Rapid I've used.I also have the option of using a 280cc bottle while hunting which makes it lighter and more pointable,and a 500 cc bottle for when I'm plinking and target shooting.
    I can't think of a Rapid that costs a grand and only gives 150 shots,unless it's a Mk.1 in .177 with 400 cc bottle and custom stock as all the regulated Rapids I've owned(MFR,S-Type,MK.2) would give 200+ shots in .177.I've always found Bagnalls a great shop with a good range of rifles,so you have a good chance of finding a rifle you feel comfortable with,because ultimately you can always get an idea of a rifles reliability and performance by asking on forums,but only you can decide which rifle feels the best.:)
    Good luck with whatever you choose.
    Chris.

10. chiz

chiz Engaging Member

Thanks Chris,

The Theoben S-Type has got me tempted. Been looking at it on Theoben's site, I know Bagnalls are willing to order anything in for me, so i might suggest that to them tomorrow and see what price they can do it for me. Theoben's RRP is £825 for the rifle with bipod included, does that sound reasonable?

Topcat, you'll be hearing from me in minutes few.

As soon as you empty your inbox that is!! Ha Ha!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  11. Cove

Cove Engaging Member

The S-type is a fantastic rifle.I owned one for a while but found it a bit cumbersome as my shooting involves a lot of stalking and crawling about.Thats why I went back to a Rapid with a 16" barrel and 280cc bottle.If you go for the S-type I'd recommend the 400cc bottle as it's less front heavy and you could fit an AWT silencer which really looks the part.:cool:
    Chris.

12. chiz

chiz Engaging Member

Worth the money then?

I'm already abusing this months wages by going for the daystate, so i really need to justify it to myself before spending much more.

I reckon i would need to physically pick one up and see how it feels, as i'm used to the heavy rifles i use at work, but quite how heavy this thing is i don't know. Especially when i get a lamp and suchlike on it!!

13. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

rapid

chiz the rrp for a theoben s type is £921

14. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

Nothing wrong with your initial choice. The Daystate is a fine gun and Daystate's aftersales is miles ahead of Theoben's. I've shot many Theobens and I've never found one I'd want to keep. If I wanted an FAC airgun they'd be top of my list but who needs a 12ft/lb gun that'll do 300+ shots to a fill. I can't carry more than half a dozen rabbits and if ratting very few folk will kill three figures worth in a session. Big shot counts are irrelevant. Also Theoben used to use Anschutz barrels - I don't know if they still do but frankly they are not as good as a Walther or Weihrauch unit being VERY pellet fussy. Loads of Rapids sport an aftermarket barrel - BSA ones are popular for this. If you are mainly hunting then either stick with the Daystate or consider the HW100. The Weihrauch has superb build quality and two mags as std and is cheaper than the Theobens or the Daystate. Price up a spare mag or two for a Theoben before buying one. Sit down whilst you're doing that though as the cost is ridiculous.

15. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

rapid

i have shot most daystates and think they are rubbish and as for the excellent after sales thats a nother load of b******s regd rapids are the best hunting gun you can get

16. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

SPOT ON topcat i had nothing but trouble with my daystate went back for repairs 3 times before it got sorted , would"nt have one for free!!:mad:

17. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

rapids

you were lucky that you got yours sorted i lost a hell of a lot of money just got filled with shi.. every time it went back for repair had an stype over a year knocks the spots of any daystate the greatest air rifle ever made s type177 the king

18. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Ive had both daystate and theoben rifles, and when it comes to a warranty repair daystate get the gun picked up sorted and sent back at no cost to the owner.
    Theoben say put it in the post at your cost and include payment for returning the gun. :confused:

19. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

The huge lack of Theobens in the winners circle at HFT or FT events should say something. Theobens are grossly overpriced for what is frankly decades old technology. They are like stepping out of a Mondeo into a Cortina. Pull the trigger on a Rapid and you can feel every part of the firing action in motion. They are agricultural. It's only in the last few months they've bothered to realise that a cap gun trigger isn't up to the job of releasing an airgun pellet properly.

20. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

rapid

theoben mk4 trigger best in the buisness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.