1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Daystate update

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Accuspell, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

Well, as it is a long way back now, I can't go through all the pages to find the original post (no, I don't know how to make the search thing work - it always comes back with guff that I wasn't looking for :confused: )

http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/191407-A-sad-day-at-Daystate

So, for the benefit of those who didn't see the original post a quick recap. I took my 2006 Air Ranger in to Daystate themselves on January 28th. It hadn't missed a beat in the intervening years but was going very erratic, so I thought it would benefit from a fettle. Being realistic I didn't chase them, because it was just after the shooting show and I knew they would have loads of follow ups to do. I wasn't in a rush for it - but I rang them this morning because I hadn't heard anything from them at all - literally no communication of any sort.

I rang just now, and listened to the computer for the options. I decided service and spares was probably the best one and the chap knew about it straight away - they obviously don't get many Air Rangers back in (certainly not of that age I bet). I was a bit taken aback when I was told it hadn't even been looked at yet......February, March, April and all of May. It must have slipped someone's mind.

Thankfully, my mk1 Rapid from 1991 is still perfect in every way and planting pellets into one congealed mess at 50 yards. That is another reason why I hadn't chased it - I have a rifle to use and so gave them time rather than pester. Perhaps it is better to keep nudging. A lesson for the future. :up:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
  2. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

I know anyone can make a mistake, and stuff like this can happen for lots of reasons, but it's still very poor - I would expect them to do all the work for free in the way of an apology - it won't sink them.

James

3. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

That's utterly appalling. I used to hear lots of people extolling Daystate's aftersales to which I regularly replied the best aftersales is one you don't need (I had required their guns fixing far too often myself). It seems even that aspect is now gone.

4. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

U only have to look at he review of the pulsar on the other site to see things arnt what they was a trigger on back to front yet a test sheet over a chrono and target come on !! Who wouldn't notice a trigger blade back to front

5. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

p**s-poor and I'm sure utterly disappointing, but sadly not surprising.

Circling the drain tbh...

6. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

Thanks to Tadpole for supplying the link in my starter post - I would hate for anyone to think I had got the hang of the search system. :D

7. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

That is dire customer service, but it is the modern trend I'm sad to say!

8. happyguy

happyguy Donator

for the record, the trigger will not fit back to front on pulsar, I just checked lol

9. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Funny cant see why the lad would lie as he turned it back round himself yet the thread is still ongoing pusar vs bobcat thread the bloke also owns a gun shop too so hardly going to drive customers away from him selling them pulsars just a honest review of the pulsar vs bobcat

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  10. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

See now Daystate make a lovely looking rifle (the regal), and something different (air wolves etc etc), I'd especially like a regal and I have had the money to get a Daystate on many occasions but whenever Daystate's name crops up on a thread you open it up and it's usually negative comments (cue the people who have never had a problem with Daystate), I dont go off reviews in magazines or anything, I scour the forums listen to the good stuff that people like you and me have to say and as I think is natures way really listen to the negative stuff and it's this that makes my mind up, I went for a HW100 and an S400 because everything you read is generally pretty good, they aren't over complicated bits of kit by comparison so I'm sure there aren't many people out there that have had the opportunity to test out the after sales care of these companies (cue the people who have) but this from Daystate just isn't on, and people not keeping me in the loop and generally just looking after me as I've put hundreds or even thousands in their pocked really gets me going, whatever the industry, being too busy shouldn't be an excuse, hire more people before you plough all your time into new bullpup rifles and forget about everyone else that's bought a rifle from you.

Just me venting really, and I'm sure I'll get some stick for it but after sales care is so important and can really save a company when items go wrong, you shouldn't have to contact them, they should be onto you giving an update as things progress, or don't as in this case. Now I'm not talking about one man bands here or people starting up, there's obviously a big difference here.

11. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Copied and pasted as it won't link

Initial feel. First thing i noticed on the pulsar was the trigger blade was loose and facing the wrong way. Strange as there was a test sheet giving stats etc. Surely whoever "tested" the rifle to give the chrono reading would have noticed a loose trigger blade and certainly one facing in the wrong direction. The pistol grip on

12. pisces

pisces Active Member

The Pulsar ORO comes with a match trigger blade that allows positional adjustments. The standard trigger does not.

13. katluke

katluke Donator

I bought a .20 X2r new from Uttings and it never missed a beat,I sold it to my mate when I got my EPR from Theoben and the lad who bought it off me still has it and it's still as accurate and consistent as the day he got it off me. A few month ago another mate bought a new mk4 and it wouldn't group less than 6" at 30 yards so that went back and he got an HW 100 instead. Another lad had the Regal and it kept going over so he sold that too.

14. pisces

pisces Active Member

Not yet down the drain; but circling the plug hole.:D

15. tankman

tankman Posting Addict

"circling the drain" love that.

16. JLB

JLB Busy Member

Daystate today are a bit like politicians, full of promises but never deliver.

John.

17. tankman

tankman Posting Addict

Owned 5 daystates to date all proper accurate trouble free guns.have to say though they are the older electric ones. Had a mk4 non is which I sold and regretted it ever since.if I had a problem I would be sending mrmy remaining two to scr.

18. happyguy

happyguy Donator

I agree the trigger may have been loose, but its a match trigger on the oro limited edition, and if that's what he has, it will not fit back to front, prob just set at an angle as mine was when I received it , they come supplied with the 0.9mm allen key to ajust to users preference,,,, but on another note I collected mine in person from AGC in Essex, got home and it had 22 mag instead of 177, ( also comes supplied with single shot tray so still plenty of trying it out)I sent a message to daystate on the sunday evening at around 6-7ish, simon from daystate called me within an hour to put things right, this included sending 2 .177 mags and also a one off reflex moderator made by brett soley for me and as I say a one off totally free of charge , so I cant fault them

19. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

I remember your original post and was very interested to know how good it turned out and how much they charged you, as things were quiet I thought it had come back a while ago, to be honest I'm quite shocked to hear this, it's a bit rough this length of time even by there standards.

Steve.

20. Gollum

Gollum Donator

That's not exactly a good customer service recommendation is it! I hope that after all this time they are going to sort it for free. Wow they are lucky it wasn't me I would have gone nuts. Please keep us all informed how long they do take to get around to fixing a customers gun please.