1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Daystate Oh Dear?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Eglwyseg, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Eglwyseg

Eglwyseg Engaging Member

As all my local and beyond RFDs have been closed now for weeks, I wrote to an RFD who stocks virtually all makes of guns, except when I toured the site, there was no mention on Daystate. I have dealt with these people before.

If your wanted gun maker isn't listed they invite you to mail them in the hope they might be able to do something for you.

My enquiry was, "Could they supply a Daystate Red Wolf Hilite in .177 calibre, Walnut"?

I'm dumbfounded! Here is their reply. I have removed names and omitted whereabouts but the message is otherwise absolutely genuine!

*Dear XXXXXX,

We prefer not to deal with Daystate because we have many technical problems.
    We suggest VULCAN , STEYR or something else.

Kind regards,

XXXXX XXXXXXXX

Sales Dept*

Now as it happens, every review I have come across are mad for the Red Wolf, Giles, Steve Allen and more, etc..

Within our forums, the Red Wolf has also been highly praised by the owners with one guy pointing out the other day, anyone having a Red Wolf never sells it on so you never see them in the for sale ads, which he commented, speaks volumes for the weapon!

Is my RFD being a little harsh over Daystate generally, as this maker also has lots of other model guns after all or should I just get myself another dealer and bang ahead?

As it happens, I already own a secondhand Daystate Renegade and have to say I simply cannot fault it and its accuracy is totally beyond reproach!

Comments anyone?

JH

NIVEA and talent like this.
  2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

I wonder if he has stocked Daystate previously or just follows the comments of the masses.

Granted Daystate has been up and down by the Wolverine R and Redwolf at least does seem to be a step in the right direction for them.

monsta41 and foxtrott like this.
  3. Readie

Readie Grumpy Old Fart

When I asked a few years ago in a gun shop in Salisbury, they didn't deal with Daystates because it was "more trouble than it was worth "

4. 2506sendero

2506sendero Legend in his own mind & living on the edge.

This state of affairs is probably more common than realised and until Daystate get a serious grip of their shocking reputation with regard to after sales service/customer care it will not go away.
    Can you imagine the headache involved for RFD's that have sold new Daystate rifles to customers who are then unable to get them repaired if they develop a fault :facepalm:

5. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Major Poster

Doubtless there will be another side to the story!

MartinJGUK, Jonnyovy and border like this.
  6. Popgun

Popgun Donator

I prefer my MOR ( Manky Ole Rapid) having had 2 Woolie`s, one 6 months old ( bought from original owner, he purchased from The Airgun Ctr) & had to be returned to DS due to under powered & grouped like a sawn-off 12g @ my expense + pay for repairs to be done. I sold / swapped both soon after, NEVER to buy from, DS ever again

Blackmax and 2506sendero like this.
  7. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Major Poster

To the OP before we slide into the state of affairs as to who is and isn't in the wrong etc. I have owned 11 Redwolfs and currently own 3, picking up another today!

I have had no problems with any of them, but the majority of reported issues appear to be slight leaks, or underpowered, depending on who's chrono you believe on that particular day.

My first RW is just on 2 years old and still going strong, it has the first gen board and shoots at 50FPE, not had to replace any seals even though it has been apart many times.

The ones I sold to others on this forum also, as far as I am aware have not developed issues, so either I am extremely lucky or the issues do happen but like any industry are blown out of proportion!

Tim_B, NIVEA, Kernow1 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Eglwyseg

Eglwyseg Engaging Member

Sounds a pretty fair comment to me.

Thanks

9. gk1

gk1 Engaging Member

The Air Arms distributor here in Australia also did Daystate.
    A year ago l was tossing up between the new regulated AA S510 XS carbine and a Daystate Huntsman Regal XL.
    l ended up with the S510 because of the fact that l could adjust the power and overall l have been really happy with it.
    However l still really liked the Huntsman so l rang up recently to get a price and to my surprise l got told dont bother, we don't stock them anymore as they have too many problems etc.
    l think l'll now just wait until a good used example pops up.

Blue BSA likes this.
  10. Patrick

Patrick Donator

You will probably never know the real/true reason why they no longer deal with Daystate. It could be as they say in as much that they had numerous problems with Daystate as a whole or it could be for other reasons that they've fallen out with Daystate and nothing to do with their guns or this model in particular. If it is for some other reason then the dealer is perhaps unlikely to disclose that reason and as with any situation it would be interesting to have Daystate's comment(s) on it,youmight get a whole different story.
    If you know people who have got the said gun and they're happy with it and haven't encountered any problems then there's no significant reason why you shouldn't take the plunge.
    It doesn't matter what make or model you buy you stand a chance of getting a lemon and that goes for any mass produced item.
    Even Steyr who they recommend have not been entirely fautless or blemish free.
    Any dealer who adopts the approach that they're not going to stock any make or model that can or may give trouble is going to have an empty shop where airguns are concerned it's as simple as that.

11. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

I'm with Patrick on this - there will be another side to the story, and although I like Daystate and have had dozens of their guns I'm not blind to the fact they have had their issues in the past and may have rubbed a few RFDs up the wrong way. But in saying this, they still have many dealers and very good reliability on the whole, but for some RFDs I'm sure they are not a volume gun due to price, but for others they can sell them like hot cakes, and there have been several waiting lists for their products.

And like you have mentioned, second hand Red Wolves and Wolverines are few and far between and go for good money - there is a reason for this, and it's not that they are crap :rolleyes:

NIVEA likes this.
  12. Eglwyseg

Eglwyseg Engaging Member

I can only agree with most of what you say but especially your comments on Steyr. I have put it right now and very, very pleased with my Steyr Pro X Scout but by heck I was disenchanted on its arrival.

After much help through the Technical forum here a few weeks, ago I was to eventually discover the factory original trigger pressure spring was probably meant as suspension for a Leyland bus! As I say, fixed to perfection now but had to buy some bulk spring from China and then made my own spring which fits and works perfectly and now puts the trigger pressure with the Steyr within their advertised bounds. Irony really, a brand new £2,700 air weapon, straight out of the box but virtually unusable for a 9 pence pressure spring!

I asked Steyr for help originally but still await an answer over many ongoing weeks. I love the weapon, now it is fixed but you will not persuade me ever, these people have good backup having ignored me. I had an automatically generated message they had received mine so presumably they can't be bothered to get back!

13. Thewelshwonder

Thewelshwonder Busy Member

Not Merlin in Pontypridd by any chance?

14. Eglwyseg

Eglwyseg Engaging Member

Who me?

A tiny Hamlet just inside the Welsh border but near Malpas , Cheshire.

15. Thewelshwonder

Was only asking as I want a Daystate transferred from Derby and they tried to put me off buying it

16. Thewelshwonder

Just saw your location and thought is was Malpas near Newport :facepalm::facepalm:

17. vapormatt

vapormatt Busy Member

I have 3 daystates rifles and never had a leak or issue with any of them. the airwolf MCT in 8 years or more has never had a seal or leaked. I still pick it up and enjoy using it, used more than my redwolf even.

I think sometimes RFD's don't get told the whole truth by the end user of issues or how the gun has been used. over pressured being favorite way to get leaks. I am not saying daystate are angels as you don't get a bad rep from nothing, but my experience has been positive regarding there rifles.

18. HW100Tuning

HW100Tuning Come the Glorious Day

You may well find the reply is more to do with DS's attitude and management.

But I'm no fan of their products either.

cloverleaf and Blackmax like this.
  19. 1260engineer

1260engineer Precision matters

I had this years ago i had 4 daystates huntsmans mk2 . one wanted a complete new trigger assembly worn pin sockets and so on got part number from local rfd .. the whole thing held on by 2 screws simple . i phoned daystate parts blar blar blar .
    Answer.. sorry sir we dont sell major parts you will have to send it in to be repaired .
    My answer No thanks i will make one then sell the lot as i dont like your attitude or service . and i did . i haven't owned one since or will again .
    and just for the crack my mate at local rfd phone 2 days later and they could have one next day .
    they couldent be bothered . my view and choice .i dont like daystate the company.

HW100Tuning, cloverleaf and Popgun like this.
  20. Eglwyseg

Eglwyseg Engaging Member

Quite funny really. I once advertised a brand new alloy wheel and a girl from Newport said she would have it so gave her my details.

As it happens she thought I was in Malpas, Monmouthshire but then realised I was 150 miles away. I'd happily given her my details because I thought she was, Newport, Shropshire just a few miles down the road from here.

We should all have a unique town name to live in. :p

Thewelshwonder likes this.