1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Daystate MkIII & Chrono readings

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by The One, May 6, 2006.

1. The One

The One Newbie

Bought from new Daystate MkIII. Problems from the start getting lead to spit out of the business end in one piece. Had moderator replaced at the dealer to no avail. Still nothing but schrapnell !!! :(

Eventualy, I took the whole combo back to the manufacturers who fixed the problem within 24Hrs. They gave me a test card shot at 20 metres - 5 shots in one 7mm hole. I was very impressed. Also a chrono reading print-out over 10 shots. (Av 11.4 ft/lb) spread being +/- 0.2 ft/lb Again impressed. :)

For peace of mind, I decided to monitor the power output myself, so unpacked my unused Combro cb-625 and strapped it on.

Once I got used to the settings and set it for Imperial data, I ran 5 shots through it getting an energy readings of 14.61 ft/lbs and MV of 788 ft/sec using a (published) pellet weight of 10.6 Grains for my 4.50mm Baracuda ammo. As I do not have a FAC, I was obviously alarmed. :eek:

The next day I topped up my air from an almost full ylinder and repeated the test only to find that the energy was now only metering at 9.94 ft/lbs. What is going on?? :confused:

Chrono at Daystate = 11.4 ft/lb
    My first Reading cb-625 = 14.61 ft/lb
    My second Reading cb-625 = 9.94 ft/lb

Anyone out there had similar experience? Chrono? or Gun?

What with all the problems I have had, I am not confident that my rig is reliable and therefore cannot even begin to asses my own ability at the sport :mad:

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

I would try some different pellets first and see what ft/lbs you get, and make sure you fill your gun to the correct fill pressure.
    Filling it too high will cause the gun to produce a low MV, It would also be a good idea to check your gun on another type of crono to see if you get the same readings.

3. Airgunner

Airgunner Well-Known Member

I own 4 MKIII's and I have found filling to what it says on the gun is not the best for what you want.

Try filling it to 195 BAR and try using a pellet near what Daystate used to set the rifle up. Daystate FT, Air Arms Field, JSB Exacts (all 8.44 grains) to name a few.

If you are still not satisfied give Tony a ring on 01782 791755

Regards
    Barry