1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Daystate Data

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Bemused, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Bemused

Bemused Engaging Member

I have this data from Daystates serial number querry

[TABLE="width: 80%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #e0e0e0"]Fill_Pressure
    [/TD]
    [TD="width: 100%, bgcolor: #efefef"]HPL-1550 LPL-1350 LPP-350 FPS-780 MAXF-200 BAR[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

What does it mean?

2. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Max fill pressure is 200 bar and when chronoed befor leaving factory was doing 780 fps take it its 177

3. audi swift

audi swift Man up & pull the bloody trigger.... HFT 101.

as Dave as said & the HPL, LPL, LPP is the electronics programming settings for that rifle.

Kenny

4. Bemused

Bemused Engaging Member

Thanks guys, yes it's a 177
    MAXF-200 BAR
    FPS-780
    The above made sense but was confused over
    HPL-1550
    LPL-1350
    LPP-350
    So the electronics programming settings were firmware coded by the factory.

Would we know what grain pellet was used on the chrono test?

5. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

The only explanation I can think of for the HPL, LPL etc are that they're the pulse durations in microseconds for the striker solenoid - HPL will be high power setting, LPL will be low power setting, no idea about LPP though.

Word on the street is that Daystate use their own Select pellets (now no longer available to the public) to set their guns up - for chronying purposes these are basically your garden variety 8.4gn JSB Exacts.. ;)

6. audi swift

they use a small programming device to set each rifle up the best they can on the electronic front, the setting are hardcoded in unless you have the programming tool so if you do a reset they will not be lost etc. I have one too as I have done a training course with them plus i help them when they need a hand.

the pellets used are mixed ones what they have in stock & they might use a few to get the best from each rifle.

forgot to say =
    HPL is High Pulse Length
    LPL is Low Pulse Length

LLP is Low Pressure Point, the electronic part of the gun operates in bits (not directly in BAR) where 1 bit is 0.244 BAR, This method is used for precision and to simplify the calculations used within the gun.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  7. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Hi kenny where you been hiding matey not seen u about for a while

8. audi swift

hi Dave

I am on here when I can & on the other better daystate forum after all that mess etc, the forum address is = daystateforum.com

well I hope you are keeping well mate, Kenny

9. Bemused

Bemused Engaging Member

Many thanks all

10. audi swift

no worries glad to help when I can & don't worry about the electronic side of the rifle as them settings as used when the rifle is first set up at the factory.

also cloverleaf knows his daystate stuff :up:

11. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Chers kenny didnt no there was another daystate forum many thanks though ud not seen u on there mind u i only visit there every vow and then if parts or diagrams needed ile check it out mate it certainly as changed on there and not for the better

12. audi swift

after tony tyrer sadly passed away some folks started a I hate Kenny campaign after I was nicely asked to run the site temporary to see where the forum might be heading.
    however after a month or so a so called Newish bloke somehow took over the forum by means still fully unknown to us ( there is a few reasons why & how it happened but most folks have moved on inc me to better things ) & then I was banned & deleted along with a few other users for trying to help out & ask things what they did not like ! even pod stepped down to a non admin etc.
    but I hear nowadays it is more like a showground or a front page for daystate & other brand names more then a forum \ fan club what it used to be in the good old helpful & fun banter days.

13. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Thanks - you clearly know a bit more than I do, though :p

I forgot about the bits / bar relationship.. it's a while since anyone's tried to teach me anything about Daystates! So from your post, the HPL and LPL have nowt to do with muzzle energy output; presumably HPL will be used at the gun's highest operating pressure and LPL at the lowest on account of the changing resistance of the exhaust valve..?

I seem to remember that the pulse duration / cylinder pressure relationship is linear and as such fairly basic - I'm sure I've seen some full shot strings from DS guns that aren't as flat as one might hope - I'd have thought going to a fully-mappable system would mean you could make the velocity pretty much whatever value you wanted at any pressure (within reason) although this would obviously require more complex kit and probably more setup time.

While pioneering and certainly commendable, I do feel like the electronic system is capable of more and hasn't been developed to it's full potential. In addition, while it undoubtedly yields some improvements over mechanical systems, I don't think it's quite as splendid as the advertising would have you believe...

It's certainly interesting to tinker with though; if I get a chance later I'll run a full string (180+ shots :eek:) through the Mk4 over the chrono; just out of curiosity :p

14. audi swift

hi mate

I have forgot some stuff too ( old age being 40 now ! plus more grey then blonde hair too does not help ) about the programming side of it.
    as all I do these days is enter some numbers to get the power I what & then the cut off point of the map, then the programmer does all the hard working out for me ha-ha.

there is a few more options there what I can tweak to get a better fps or a better flatter power line over the shot string. maybe I should get the programmer book back out & have a play my self one day & try to tweak the maps what myself & alan as done on my wolf but it is running sweet at the moment.
    the one on my mk4is is sweet to but I don't mind playing about with that one as that rifle comes out now & then unlike the wolf what is my main rifle.....

part of the programmer book is =
    Simplified Operational Description Summary

When the gun is filled, the sensor measures the internal pressure and computes the pulse length (hammer effort) in microseconds to give the required muzzle energy. As the pressure goes down, shot by shot the pulse length is decreased in step with pressure to maintain this constant muzzle energy.

Once the pressure drops to the beginning of the natural valve self-regulating pressure (sweet spot), no further compensation is required and the compensation is switched off.
    Should the gun be accidentally overfilled, or allowed to get hot for any reason causing the fill pressure to rise of over the high pressure set point, the gun will still stay constant by increasing the pulse length to compensate. Continual pressure monitoring and compensation also ensures that the gun stays stable in extremes of temperature.
    Typically more than 70% of shots take place within the compensated area when the gun is filled to its recommended operating pressure.

High Pulse Length, The gun has to know the correct amount of pulse length at high pressure to give the desired muzzle energy.
    Low Pulse Length, The gun has to know the correct amount of pulse length at low pressure to allow valve self-regulation to operate properly.
    High pressure Point, The gun has to know the high pressure point so it can calculate the correct pulse length.
    Low Pressure Point, The gun has to know the correct low pressure point to turn off compensation and allow valve self-regulation to operate properly.

1. Set high pulse length and pressure point.
    2. Determine the sweet spot pulse length and pressure where it starts.
    3. Set low pulse length and pressure.
    4. Test gun over pressure range to check it produces constant muzzle energy.

hope this helps a bit :up:, Kenny

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  15. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Damn shame kenny as u always offerd help not a "send it back for a service " you will be missed im sure mate atvb dave g

16. neiled

neiled Donator

I've tried to register for the forum you've detailed but keep getting the automated question wrong..........what's the correct answer???????????

17. neiled

neiled Donator

Ooops I've sorted it now after reading the question again...........a blond moment!!!!!!!

18. audi swift

many thanks for the kind words mate, I still hear off a lot of folks on there asking what is going on but that is with them lot & daystate now sorry to say.

try = daystate

kenny