1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

dangerous dog owners and proud.

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Stevie Darling, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

On the now on channel 5

What a bunch of fekin morons!!!!

These idiots should be put down!!!

2. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

My wife's watching it and its just winding me up! :mad:

3. Titchgamer

Titchgamer Honorary Member

Well at least they showed some good on there as well as bad.
    Just proves the point its the owners not the dog!!

4. davymole

davymole Donator

Northop Hall, Mold, Flintshire North Wales
    what a load of wxxkxrs needs the dogs so he safe.As for the owner who dog dragged the tree,s down hope his local council where watching.got me really angry

5. gargloit

gargloit Posting Addict

I channel hopped across it just now. The people, if people they be, that I saw are all candidates for pre-emptive euthanasia. I can't see any of them ever being a useful member of society.

6. rabbitraider1

rabbitraider1 Engaging Member

I honestly don't think that any breed is more inherently dangerous than another its the morons behind the lead thats the problem,

I was recently seeing practice at a vets and whilst I was there a hold host of t***s came in with dogs that either had to be muzzled and pinned down by 4 people to even look at it because of how badly they were raised or told to go away and come back when they could control it because it was too dangerous.

What was about 100x worse though was when "pitbull type" dogs came in, they get named by officers who have the veterinary training of a lemon and they came in wagging their tails and trying to lick your hands as they were killed for the way they looked.

I would class myself as pretty stoic when it comes to killing animals because my dads a vet and I've been working on farms since I was 8 but that made me feel like **** for days.

7. rabbitraider1

rabbitraider1 Engaging Member

Forgot to mention most of the pitbull types were the reject puppies from Censored cross breeding staffies and long muzzled dogs like Labradors so they look more like pitbulls

The nice puppies/the left overs get ditched picked up by the council and killed (not all are nice dogs granted but I don't see the advantage of euthanasing on appearance over behavioral tests)

Edit - sorry for the rant still a bit bitter it seems :p

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  8. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

at the end of the day all dogs are pack animals and have the ability to maim or injure, pitbulls, yes are very large and powerful dogs but bullseye in the little rascals was a pitbull. depending on how you bring them up and how theyve been bred depends on if your goin to get problems.

i think the japanese tosa has never had a reported attack in the uk but is banned as its jaws lock but a staffy isnt?

caeser milan quoted, in the 80s,90s,00s it was all a certain breeds fault but when are they goin to blame the real problem, man, the owner and he's spot on.

dont blame the breed, blame the d******d mentoring them

9. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

10. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

I had staffs and pit bulls long before they were status dogs, if any showed aggression to humans they were put down as that is not wanted in a powerful breed like these. These people on this program were total nob heads apart from the girl that invited the police to check her dogs over.

Oh and as for them dick heads that were saying staffs jaws lock is a total fallacy. Most dogs do not want to fight so snap at each other as a threat a staff or pit bull will 'Hold' the other dog as it is not threatening it is actually doing it if that makes sense. Even mongrels when all the snapping has not worked can hold on to one another but not lock, they can all let go when they want.

Those idiots especially that nob in sarf London had a nice dog that now has the potential to cause serious harm. He may as well drive a car through a shopping precinct and everyone just hope no one gets ran over. Also that stupid woman that was trying to make the young staff vicious? What a laugh she was going on about gang violence etc she was from Nuneaton FFS not inner city Liverpool . The dog didn't want to know, a staff is the worst dog you want as a guard as they are a loyal family pet. I had one that would fight any dog any size and win but would not harm a cat or a human. Total dick heads rant over .

11. sniper11

sniper11 Mr

Makes me proud to be British-some right chavy scum on that programme.

12. gargloit

gargloit Posting Addict

The myth that some breeds jaws 'lock' is utter nonsense but muck beloved in such discussions. The Japanese Tosa is a banned breed simply because it is bred to be a fighting dog, as is a Pitbull. Just about all dangerous dog legislation is complete tripe, virtually unenforceable in practice unless the owner is honest and easily traced. By contrast, if you managed to get hold of one of the huge slab sided brutes that used to be used for dog fighting in Malta when I was there, then they could be owned without restriction, not being a named breed.

13. Scoobyspares

Scoobyspares Donator

Totally agree with all you say. I've yet to watch it, but I can imagine the typical owner. I've had staffys for the best part of 30 years, they are amazing dogs but have ended up in the wrong hands and of late have had really bad press, how many of these are actually proper staff's and not cross bred 'things' is debatable. Never once have mine shown any aggression towards people or other dogs, been attacked many times but just walk away, in fact my male pug can be a nastly little git were food is involved and regularly mugs my little staff.

Unfortunately there are two types of owner, the ones like myself who have them as part of the family, and people who see them as the latest weapon/show piece.

Most of these bull/staffys are not even pure bred, they are all tall, leggy things with long noses. A proper staff should be short and stocky with a short nose. I can trace mine back approx 40 years, she is show standard and cost about the same as the pug!!

Anyone one who has met a staffy from a loving home knows what these dogs are really like, the Daily Mail reading folk see another thing altogether.

14. walker

walker Busy Member

it was a shame to watch! the lad from south London his dog was gorgeous! dogs are exactly what the owners make them.
    weve had 4 Staffordshire bull terriers over the years. king rebel spike and cassie. and they've all been soft as Censored!

15. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

I wont watch them programmes they bug me ...its the same when people treat and talk to there dogs like there children and make them soppy ....cant see why people cant realise dogs should be treated like dogs and they would be happier if you did....atb

16. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Suitable cases for a frontal lobotomy in my opinion,the owners that is,not the dogs

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  17. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

On the contrary a true staff should be leggy what we have today is the kennel clubs version of what a staff should look like. A real staff is actually a pit bull that was exported to the states from these and Irish shores and the good old yanks stuck the word 'Anerican' on it. A staff is a show dog a pit bull is the original dog before the kc ruined it like they did with every other breed.

18. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

I think youll find mate a true staff was alot smaller than what we have now and was originally bred for foxing and badgering ....they were small but powerfull with a lock jaw..I could be wrong but thats what I was told by a staff breeder atb

19. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

The jaw doesn't lock,

Its all in the jaw muscle, its the same as a crocodile, that muscle just enables them to keep the jaw shut hard.

They have the same jaw as any other breed of dog, just a bigger muscle powering it:)

20. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

The staff was bred for one thing and that was fighting yes some modern day people use then for badger baiting but it's original purpose was for fighting and most of these modern day belly draggers would not last two minutes in such a situation.