1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Damn evil bay sellers!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by jasonanderson, Jul 23, 2014.

1. jasonanderson

jasonanderson Engaging Member

Annoyed now so going to have a rant! Recently purchased a hawke sidewinder 4.5-14x42 mil dot scope off the bay description read 'no marks or scratches'
    took the day off work today to receive. I took delivery of this around 30 mins ago and couldn't wait to get it out of its packaging and have a look at it. Here's where it all went wrong! I took it out of the box and looked at its nice case for a moment, then noticed it said sr6 with a nice pic of the reticule next to it. Hhhmm I thought in the listing it said half mil dot? Checked the listing and there it was, half mil dot. Took it out the case and sure enough sr6! I also noticed the objective lens looked quite small. It was. What the seller has actually sent me was a 4.5-14x38 sr6 sidewinder! And just to top it off there are a few minor scratches and marks on the turrets! Now this is a used item so it's not like he had sent me the wrong one by mistake. So all in all a waste of my time money and patients!
    ok rant over! Mods feel free to move or remove if you think I'm out of line!

2. MossyNW

MossyNW Well-Known Member

Contact the seller (politely, even though you are miffed) and ask he accepts the return on the basis it's not as advertised! And ask him to refund your money and postage costs

3. martin22

martin22 Donator

open up a dispute,your covered under ebay buyer protection "item not as described" and you WILL get your money back

4. tintin

tintin Engaging Member

You don't ask him. you tell him that you have been sent something different and require an immediate refund. also tell him you have opened a dispute.

5. oliver13

oliver13 Donator

If you lodge a complaint with EBay, item not as described, generally the first thing they do is freeze his PayPal account which will get his attention...

6. jasonanderson

I have contacted him and kindly in a word asked what the crack is but haven't had any reply as yet. I'll give him until the end of the day and if it's not sorted I'll contact eBay. Don't get me wrong it's a lovely bit of kit and had it been the model he had advertised I'd be able to overlook the minor scratches and marks but it's not so that's irrelevant. Just don't understand some people. Do they think that you would just not notice these things???!!!!!

7. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

That is bad luck. I've generally only had very good service from other ebayers and I've only mis-sold something once which was an easy mistake to make - it was a book and I put down the wrong edition! Buyer didn't complain though - just on the feedback.

8. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Not defending the seller but did u check his other listings some one some where may have your scope and you have theres easy mistake to make if your having a clear out ??

9. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Give the seller a chance to reply first, and take it from there!!

as above it could be a simple mistake:)

10. jasonanderson

Yes this was the only item he had listed

11. Chris.allum

Chris.allum Donator

open a dispute whatever , ebay then need to give him 7 days to sort for you .... agree some kind of resolution , if youre not happy the bay will chase him ..... if they cannot resolve with him theyll freeze his paypal ... and potentially gain access to him one way or another down that route .... best thing to do is open case , tell him you have and let him take it back and refund you .. 9 times out of 10 people forget to uncheck that they take refunds which means theyve advertised that they DO take refunds .. id have thought he'll sort it anyway ... then you leave the case alone for a week or so and itll close itself if you dont follow up

12. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Busy Member

Most people are decent. I've bought hundreds of bits off eBay with no issues. Most people are honest to a fault as they don't want a bad rep. Almost certainly a genuine mistake. What's the advantage to him in listing it wrongly. He would know full well it will only cause an issue when received. Contact him, and allow him to sort it out before starting disputes with eBay. You'll get your money back regardless if you paid with PayPal. Annoying nonetheless I appreciate.

13. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

Ebay is actually a really good place to buy, as you've discovered it's down to how the seller interprets the condition, when it says excellent condition I always follow it up with a message asking are there any marks or signs of wear on the item, if they say no I do the money thing, if it arrives and it's not as the description says or the follow up message I send then ebay have a good system for sorting it out, nothing wrong with contacting the person in question first, they may offer a resolution without going through ebay, so although it's hassle to do get it sorted through the proper channels and you'll get a result one way or another.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  14. leecraw66

leecraw66 Donator

If it is not a mistake and he has knowingly sent you the wrong scope. Sort it out with the seller that he refunds you a decent amount of money because the item is not as described then whack it on Ebay yourself, another option maybe.
    Lee.

15. Stew

Stew Engaging Member

I sell quite a few things on the bay myself and think the seller has either sent you the wrong item or they have listed the scope inaccurately.

I would contact the seller first to see if you can get it resolved to your satisfaction. If this doesn't happen raise a dispute on the grounds of it not being as described and you will get your money back, the bay always sides with the seller... which isn't always the best but in your case you have a legitimate reason to complain

16. jasonanderson

You say they always side with the seller, it's like me advertising a blue automatic fiesta and you turning up and it's a red manual! There's no arguement, the description is only correct in that it is a hawke sidewinder, every other part of the discription is incorrect!

17. leaky5

leaky5 Donator

I thought the buyer was now always assured of getting the product they ordered or their money back.
    Not sure is that is only from business sellers

18. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Have you spoken to the seller before contacting Ebay?

19. jasonanderson

yes bud I contacted him as soon as I noticed this morning when it arrived, I have not yet contacted eBay I'll give him until the end of the day to contact me to resolve it

20. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

just out of curiosity how much did you pay? also have you tried it out? sometimes you can find these things work out better,

i love the sr rets, not to everyones taste, but give it a good try before your haste, because sometimes mistakes can surprise you.

disapointing you didnt get what you paid for but could work out better