1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Customer Service - Really, where is it?

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by eagle2508, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagle2508

eagle2508 Well-Known Member

I was hoping to get some advice and to see what a few of you think...

Recently I purchased a MK4 iS ST new from a dealer about a 1 hour drive from me, unfortunately my buying experience that day didn't really go as smoothly as I would have hoped.

The dealer brought out the rifle perfectly boxed and packed and pristine as you would expect, checked it etc then made a mistake and the outcome was someone was hurt in the shop (can't say much more about this part as I don't want this post deleted by mods)

I know before anyone says anything that any firearm should always be treated as loaded etc but this was an honest mistake, it was brand new out the box and a quick check by the dealer it looked like it was clear.

I ended up purchasing the rifle anyway as I had already drove a fair way to get there and I had also been offered a really good price for my part exchange, once I got home things started going through my mind.....

If the rifle is brand new as it certainly seemed, the box was perfect and the rifle was pristine then how did Daystate make such a huge error as possibly shipping a loaded rifle... If they made this mistake then what other mistakes have been made when putting together my rifle?

I spent a fortune buying this rifle so I started thinking about getting some sort of confirmation from Daystate just to put my mind to rest, I spoke to Tony the first business day after I made the purchase, he said he could not confirm or deny if the rifle was indeed shipped loaded.... I then asked why on the barrel of my rifle the pressure test rating was missing, he said it would be on the side in the form of a small sticker... No such sticker, he then said a tag will be attached... No tags were attached.

In the last week the magazine has stopped working correctly, not turning when pulling the bolt back but freely moving when off the rifle, pressure seems to not hold, I fill it slowly then within a few hours it drops by 10-15Bar, then 24 hours later it has dropped a further 2Bar.

This all started worrying me even more.... Friday afternoon rifle or someone in a rush to get home maybe?

I sent an email to him as I wanted an official statement stating that my rifle was built to the correct standard and was built to the high levels you would expect from a Dayatate rifle, I asked for nothing but confirmation of this and I suppose was looking for a few kind words just to put my mind at rest

I recieved absolutely no reply... Emailed again and was told my email would be passed on, no reply, called and was told Tony wasn't there but he would reply soon, waited a couple more days and still nothing! I called this morning and was told abruptly that Tony would not reply to my email and that I should speak to my dealer.... I was told I was not their customer the dealer was then I was hung up on.

After hearing so much about how wonderful their customer service is I'm shocked and also extremely angry at the way I've been treated, surely Daystate have a duty of care to me as a customer regardless where I purchased my rifle, to refuse to even give a customer some confirmation and clarification of the standards my rifle went through when built just to put my mind at rest is disgusting... And to completely ignore my emails is also just ridiculous... Do they even care about their customers???

I wasn't asking for anything free, or trying to claim anything! All I wanted is my mind put to rest about this hugely expensive rifle which is now sat under my bed.

That's my rant over, anyway thanks for reading this long post and any comments or advice on what to do from here on would be much appreciated.

2. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Hi mate,

Yes we were aware of a customer being hurt after someone posted the newspaper article about the incident, the thread was closed or deleted due to legal ramifications I believe!

There have been similar complaints as yours recently about Daystate customer service and equally good reviews too, I would return to the point of sale to get the issues sorted and that's your RFD.

Of course the RFD can tell you to deal direct with the manufacturer if that is more convenient as I did with my BSA.

Hope you get the issues sorted and sorry I can't be more help!

3. eagle2508

Yeah I seen that post, that's one of the reasons I didn't go in to that side of the story as I really want people to read this and to also get some advice from forum members.

The thing is my RFD can't supply me with the information I've requested, it's the manufacturer that holds all of this info etc and in this case I really feel strongly that Daystate should have at the very least replied to my emails with something just to put my mind to rest.

ignoring emails, promising to reply then not bothering, then refusing to reply and to finish it off to hang up on me is just disgusting behaviour... Companies these days get away with far too much and seem to think they can treat their customers like dirt and get away with it. Boils my blood!

4. BarneyC

BarneyC Donator

Can only imagine your consternation (and rightly so) but worth bearing in mind that there's a good chance both the RFD & Daystate are under a police microscope wrt the shop discharge and as such certainly Daystate will be under solicitor orders to stay schtum. For now.

Obviously this isn't in your interest.

They are right that you should be talking to RFD though as they are your supplier and accountable to you under consumer law

My suggestion is either stick the moan in writing to both parties along with the outcome you want and send it recorded signed for post.

OR

Head back to RFD return gun either for another or a demand a refund.

5. milek

milek Honorary Member

I expect Daystate would want to distance themselves as much as possible from anyone who laid blame with them. You may have repeated the suggestion again here today. Not a criticism at all but looking at it logically why would they want to engage with you at all whilst litigation might exist. The RFD is the answer here, Roger is a reasonable man and I expect if you return the gun there will be no issues at all. If you do put it in writing I advise leaving the shop incident out of it alltogether.

Can't say I'm surprised that the magazine faulted, happened with mine too.

6. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello, first thing i thought why go to a RFD 1 hours drive when you live near others?? could you not get that same rifle local?? i am sure anyone on the forum would be feeling as you after all the trouble and cost getting the rifle you wanted then finding problems, but sometimes things can go wrong but it seems this time quality control was lacking. your RFDis the seller so thats first port of call and i do hope you will get sorted. me i would return and get a full refund. we shooters spend 1000s in RFD shops all over the uk and should expect to be treated with respect and that includes from the manufacture to even in uk.

7. simonc_here

simonc_here Engaging Member

I'm just wondering what you think the letter from Daystate should have said?

1) ...Yes your gun was checked and made to tollerances...
    You say no it wasn't it's got all these faults.

OR

2) ... Nah your gun was a Friday special but we sent it out anyway...
    They would never admit to this.

Your contract also exists with the RFD not Daystate so take it back there.

I can see you are upset about it, but give you RFD a call if you don't want to drive up there and see what they can do for you.

Can you post pics of the side of your rifle. The pressure disk should be there, unless it's come unstuck.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  8. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

My magazine failed also, the 'O' ring split and after E-Mailing Kenneth at Daystate he assured me I would get a new one, still waiting though but only a week gone by.

9. Egg

Egg Major Poster

Given the already tainted history of this rifle I would take it back to the shop you bought it from and let them deal with its issues or have them replace it with a brand new one entirely. I'm not sticking up for or putting the boot into any one company here but as the gun is to all intents and purposes brand new you're covered by the Sale Of Goods Act (section 14 in particular). As to Daystate being reluctant to deal with you directly, this will be down to the contract of sale being between you & the gunshop; the gunshop's contract is with Daystate. Sorry if this sounds patronising or I'm stating the obvious but it is what it is; there's been guys bought HW rifles new that have displayed problems and they've subsequently contacted Hull Cartridge only to be told that they need to contact the shop they bought it from who will then contact Hull Cartridge - it's all about who sold who the gun.

I think that for the sake of good PR (and the negative coverage the initial incident caused) the shop should do the decent thing and exchange your gun for one that's brand new, no quibbles. If they're not prepared to do this then they should make an immediate offer to have the gun returned to Daystate to remedy any faults present.

One way or the other I hope you end up with a gun (and a pretty expensive one at that) that's fit for purpose soon :)

10. eagle2508

I think I was just looking for confirmation about what steps are taken for quality control and safety, this way if anything went majorly wrong I would have their email at the very least to use as leverage for a refund/replacement/repair.

it was all just to make me feel a little happier about handing over a huge wod of cash I think, it's not a nice feeling paying a small fortune for a rifle and within a week things start to go wrong, especially when I know they have already made one big mistake... It just sends your mind running! By them acting in the way they have it has also not helped the situation.

they more than likely are being investigated etc by a number of people but regardless it isn't ever ok just to ignore a customer or speak to them like dirt, the questions I asked them were in relation to my rifle not the incident so no reason for them to not answer.

I've just had surgery on both feet so can't drive for the next week, but still feel the RFD shouldn't have to be hassled by this, it's a Daystate issue not there's. I'm sure once I can drive Roger would help, he's been fantastic so far but I just didn't want to drop this on him also as I'm sure he has enough on his mind as is......

11. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello sorry to hear that and hope you will make a good recovery. if the RFD roger has been very helpfull leave it to him to sort out, could he not arrange to have it picked up by courier??? save you driving and cost. parcel force are not expensive. my thoughts are you were going to have the rifle you set on but its gone a bit pear shaped and these are not cheap. its not rogers fault we all agree and this wont do any favours to daystate, if it were me i would have sent back and refunded in full. look at other rifles like that one and try buy local. if not i hope all is sorted asap

12. Egg

Egg Major Poster

As before folks, we really, really need to be a bit circumspect about what we post in public re who is/isn't to blame here. If there's potentially libellous content posted it's the forum (and Andy, as owner) that will be held to account should lawyers get involved.

Please, do not make any further posts apportioning blame as the mods will have to either edit posts (a PITA) or close and delete the thread. I will freely admit that this will be done as purely an arse covering and not an arse kissing precaution made on behalf of AGF by the moderation team.

13. warrenater

warrenater Donator

i am sorry you have had these problems with your gun , i can only imagine daystate are trying to distance themselves from any kind of liability regards the accident.I have to speak as i find , my air rangers magazine jammed recently too and i decided to repair it myself , it turned out to be the indexing spring jamming . after a quick phone call a very polite lady in the office sent me two by return of post free of charge without even asking how old it was . Gary.

14. simonc_here

simonc_here Engaging Member

Actually I think there was a QC report sheet in the manual when I got mine.
    Or I could just be imagining things, I'll have a look tonight.

Again I doubt they would write anything down which could be used to beat them with later.

15. Patrick

Patrick Donator

I don't know much about PCP rifles having never owned one but if as you say the gun appeared to be brand new,boxed etc, and you haven't tampered with or misused it in any way and it's already developed these faults i.e magazine not functioning properly and not holding its pressure then it's obviously faulty.In that case you should return it to RFD you purchased it from.I believe under current consumer law if an item develops a fault within the first 30 days you are entitled to a replacement or a refund unless the fault is something minor which can be rectified there and then.I should take it back to the RFD explain the faults politely but firmly and that you're not at all happy and want it replaced.

16. eagle2508

Thanks for the advice all :)

17. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

With this now having had a good response for the op, I'll let it rest & hope things come to a favourable outcome :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.