1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Question Crosman 2250B - Conversion to 177

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by datadave, May 1, 2012.

1. datadave

datadave Engaging Member

:) Hi everybody. I've been giving a lot of thought lately to converting a Crosman Ratcatcher to 177. Has anyone attempted this? If so, what's involved?

One of the problems would be power - which would be affected by barrel length, amongst other things. I wonder what is the optimum barrel length? I seem to remember that one well-known postal dealer supplied 177 barrels - up to a maximum of 24" - but I could have dreamed it!

Would it be better to do the conversion using a Crosman 'long' steel bolt and breech kit rather than the standard plastic assemly?

Thoughts and comments would be most welcome!

Cheers - datadave

2. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

i have done it
    all thats needed is a 1377 steel breech with extended probe from gmac and a .177 barrel also from gmac
    i went for an 18" barrel
    its not as powerful as a .22 ratty though
    for example my .22 ratty puts out 490 fps with superdomes(14.3g) which is 7.6 fpe the .177 puts out 600 fps again with superdomes(8.3g) which is 6.6fpe
    no internal mods have been done to either ratty,power can be easily upped but then you sacrifice shot count per co2 caplet,i prefer more shots per co2 over power as i only use them for plinking

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  3. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

Gmac custom parts sell barrels up to that length so does T R Robb but if you did it by post you have to send your old one first to exchange VCR act come into play

4. datadave

datadave Engaging Member

Thanks for your responses, guys. From what you've said, there's not that much to be gained from fitting a 177 barrel. I had in mind using it for plinking and hunting - mainly opportunistic - rats and crows etc. Perhaps the best course of action is to tune the power on a 22, rather than go to the expense of the change to 177.

Cheers everybody - datadave.

5. datadave

datadave Engaging Member

:eek: Seeing that there seems to be quite a penalty to be paid in terms of power in fitting a 177 barrel to the 2250B I've been wondering whether the 'compromise' calibre - .20 - might be a solution?

Has anyone gone down this route? I wouldn't have thought that the cost of obtaining/modifying a .20 barrel blank etc would be any more than a 22?

Experiences, comments would be welcome, Peeps

Cheers - datadave