1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Cp2 Finally Arrived

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by DanJ, Jun 26, 2020.

1. DanJ

DanJ Well-Known Member

Finally got the smk victory cp2 .177 yesterday and i think i was expecting a little too much :( i was impatient and brought a remington springer whilst waiting for it to arrive, and i think ive spoilt my potential love for the cp2 with the power output of the springer far outweighing the new co2 gun. I'm using the same pellets in both they are diablo exact 8,44gr I haven't got a scope for the cp2 yet but to about 10meters it was very accurate through the open sites. My range has been about 20m, and pellets with the cp2 are barely scratching the 15mm softwood that the springer was puncturing holes straight through and into the field behind. It was fun putting holes into things at the top of the garden. Will the cp2 improve itself over time as it's new or will it require an upgrade? How's anyone else finding the feel of it? Don't get me wrong it's lovely to fire, nice and light, easy to use, just feels like it lacks output regardless of which barrel is used. Should i use it without the moderator? as no concern for noise level would that make a lot of difference to the velocity?

2. pjgtech

pjgtech Sleep, eat, work, eat, chillout, sleep, repeat.

Have you cleaned the barrel?
    Most new guns "bed in" and slowly increase power a bit.
    But the CP2 is not a full power gun, in carbine format mine is about 7.5 to 8ft/lbs, but is still accurate to 25m and can ring bells at 45m.
    Also, make sure you have lined the barrel up correctly, eg: the little breather hole has to be in the correct place. :up:

DanJ likes this.
  3. John Gibbins

John Gibbins Engaging Member

It actually produces slightly more power with the moderator,
    I have no problem with mine putting holes in stuff at 25mtrs, knocking down steel targets etc
    All I did with mine was clean the barrel.

DanJ likes this.
  4. DanJ

DanJ Well-Known Member

It's a brand new one from sportsguns over there in Wales would it need a clean? Should i get the felt pellets and run a few of them through her? Yes its deffo a she lol. I'm getting the middle of the 3 grub screws located into the groove first as that appears to be the only one with a rivet to sit into so you speak that grub screw seems to be marginally longer. It was hardly denting a coke can "other drinks are available" at 25m safe to say it felt like a plastic toy gun.

5. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Replica Airgun Enthusiast

Well your Remington is a full power air rifle. The CP2 is a low powered co2 pistol.

6. Mr Daniel G Seddon

Mr Daniel G Seddon Engaging Member

Or just buy a high powered spring off the bay

7. John Gibbins

John Gibbins Engaging Member

well mine will go straight through both sides of a drink can or food tin at 25mtrs, and knock over steel plate targets.
    cleaning pellets or a pull though is a good idea, the weather is good so its not the cold effecting Co2 pressure

foxtrott likes this.
  8. DanJ

DanJ Well-Known Member

Yeah that's where the slight regret is coming from lol

9. schpier

schpier Well-Known Member

No regrets. The Cp2 is IMO only designed for plinking and bit of target work. It has a nice bolt action. I do not think that it should ever be used for “pest control”.

DanJ likes this.
  10. Nubble

Nubble Donator

I would give the barrel a clean with a pull thru Dan.
    At best I would expect 7ft-lbs or thereabouts from your CP2 in rifle set-up.
    If you are only shooting 20m and at targets then I don't see the power being an issue. Being accurate is tho.
    :thumb:

Halinfax, foxtrott and DanJ like this.
  11. DanJ

DanJ Well-Known Member

Yeah ive just ordered myself some cleaning pellets from the bay see how they help the situation i could understand the aim being off with a dirty barrel but i didn't think it would reduce lb pressure. I'm tempted to have it upgraded already if the cleaning doesn't work as only denting the can from that distance is a little sad.

12. DanJ

DanJ Well-Known Member

Not going to be used for pests i don't think feeling it would be much use unless within the 5-10m range.

13. Dormy

Dormy Engaging Member

The power of the CP2 is limited by the need to keep it legal in its pistol form - as supplied.

When converting to carbine, the output can easily be raised (within the legal rifle limit) by swapping to a stronger hammer spring which are available for less than a tenner. The downside is this will complicate changing from one format to the other and you definitely don't want to get muddled about which spring is which.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Mr Daniel G Seddon, DanJ and foxtrott like this.
  14. DanJ

DanJ Well-Known Member

I did notice the spring kit that's available i was kind of hoping it wasn't going to be needed, not straight away anyway. I think i prefer it in rifle mode so maybe that's my next step. Anyone local able to help with that?

15. Nubble

Nubble Donator

What do you need a hand with Dan?

DanJ likes this.
  16. baldywig

baldywig Active Member

Pull through clean, those barrels are disgusting from new, full of crap, i fitted a spring from new as well.

DanJ likes this.
  17. DanJ

DanJ Well-Known Member

The fitting of an upgraded spring if poss and any other suggested improvements that i could make whilst it's opened up.

Nubble likes this.
  18. DanJ

DanJ Well-Known Member

I've ordered some cleaning pellets will they be sufficient?

19. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Busy Member

willo1962 and DanJ like this.
  20. Nubble

Nubble Donator

You can make a pull thru quite easily Dan.
    I can knock one a simple one up for you.

DanJ likes this.