1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Bad news Cp 1. Stuck Co2. It Finally Happened....

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Nubble, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Well it's finally happened to me now. A Co2 bulb stuck in the CP 1 chamber and won't pop out.

I have had a couple in the past that were reluctant to come out but a few gentle taps on the side of the stock saw the bulb falling out easily however yesterday was a little different.

I managed to shoot 20 shots before deciding I needed a new bulb so I unscrewed the end cap, no bulb dropping out, b****r! OK, I thought, I've done this before, a few taps will have it falling earthwards. Nope. A bit more tapping. Nope still no bulb. Double b****r. I know, screw the end cap on and give the cap a light tap with a block of wood (worked last time)... Ahh, not this time, triple b****r, ar5e and damn nation!

All I wanted was a quick half hours target practice and I've spent the afternoon swearing at my gun! :D

I spent an hour wiggling the bulb in the hope it would simply come loose,
    I spent an hour tapping the side of the stock (always worked in the past),
    I spent an hour trying to insert a piece of paper around the sides of the bulb,
    I spent more than an hour swearing at it....... :mad:
    And an hour wondering about the best solution............:confused:

This one was well and truly stuck!

I was reluctant to try drilling the end of the bulb in an effort to tap in a self tapping screw to remove the bulb by as I was worried about swarf etc getting in where it shouldn't so I put my brain into gear as how to resolve the issue.

Nothing else for it I suppose, I'm gonna have to strip the flippin thing so I set to with the hex keys. I have had the gun apart and the stock out plenty of times so wasn't too bothered about this but never had the transfer port out etc etc

In a blur of hex key activity the Action was removed, trigger assembly off, hammer spring out all this takes less than 5 mins. Next take the barrel off and we are left with just the pressure tube (if that's what you call it?).

I knocked this end down on the table and hey presto out pops the Co2 bulb. Hooray. :D
    Sigh of relief.

Anyway whilst I am in this far I may as well keep going and take the thing completely to bits. Off comes the transfer port seal, undo the hex bolt from underneath and out pops the transfer valve assembly.

Oooohh, that looks interesting I thought. I wonder if it comes apart? .....yes it does, so apart it came. In fact it was already undone a turn or two. I guess this was as a result of my trying to loosen the bulb previously so I'm glad I pressed on with disassembling it as I would not have know this until the gun was all back together and I tried to insert a fresh bulb.

Feeling very happy with myself everything was inspected, cleaned and re-lubed and put back together.

Suppose all I need to do now is see if I have done it properly and the gun works as it should...

All in all the process took about half an hour from start to finish.

[​IMG]

Nubble.
    :thumb:

2. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

So now you know for next time Nubs ;):D

Nubble likes this.
  3. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Indeed....... :D

4. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

Phew Nubbs

Got there in the end mate

Nubble likes this.
  5. Squidwards Ghost

Squidwards Ghost Needs professional help.

Great stuff nubs! Gives you a sense of achievement and new found confidence doesn't it!

Nubble likes this.
  6. richc71

richc71 Active Member

my sons have smk cr600,s and when theirs get one stuck we use a neodymium magnet taped to an ally rod

7. Squidwards Ghost

Squidwards Ghost Needs professional help.

I suggested that a while back on another thread, glad it worked.

Nubble likes this.
  8. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Yes Squiddy.
    I wasn't really too bothered about taking it apart to be honest as it's been stripped a number of times and literally takes a few minutes but I have never had the transfer valve assembly out of it before and taken it to pieces. I'm glad I now know everything that goes on inside !!
    ;)

foxtrott and Squidwards Ghost like this.
  9. SimonCornwall

SimonCornwall Posting Addict

As in the OP, it was stuck and wouldn't come out, even trying superglue and a hammer, so it had to come apart which was a worry as I am not a fettler nor used to taking them apart but how hard can it be? Nubble makes it sound so easy. Apart it came, quite easily and I did think of taking the odd pic but trusted my memory. Muppet.

Eventually found the last hidden screw that released the bit the bulb was stuck onto and removed it and thought 'simples' just put it back together, which surprisingly I did without pics, trigger assembly was fiddly and getting the bit the bulb pierces onto back in the chamber was fiddly especially when confused which way up it went. The end bolt (centre right of first pic) looks a bit different but does the same thing and the end plug (just above it in the pic) doesn't have a screw coming out it's centre, other than that it is back together and dry-firing as it should.

However, there was a mangled seal that dropped out of the pin part that the bulb goes on to and it has stayed out as it was mangled (see pics)
    WP_20200127_15_10_10_Pro.jpg WP_20200127_15_10_23_Pro.jpg

Muppet question - is this essential, it seems easily knackered?

Also, is there a favoured place today for small spares like this if it is essential?

Cheers in advance and thanks to Nubble for this thread.

Nubble likes this.
  10. ped

ped Keyboard Hero

that's your co2 cart seal
    without it all the gas will leak out as soon as the cart pierces
    when i started putting seal kits together for them i couldn't source any genuine ones so i sorted out a replacement one and inc one in my seal kit

SimonCornwall and Nubble like this.
  11. Nubble

Nubble Donator

@SimonCornwall

Cheers for the comments and I'm pleased you got there in the end. The stripdown guide for CP1 in the Air pistols thread may have helped :facepalm: but it sounds like you have done it now ;)

The bolt in the [my] pic centre right is for the trigger guard (dome cap or dome head), the bolt for the end cap is centre top (socket cap) and the end cap is top right. If yours is a CP2 ?? in which case the end cap is different.

As for the seal, yes they can fail easily, however there is a solution to this problem, that solution is in the post above... @ped is the man for your seals and 'O' rings.
    Mine [Co2 seal] failed after 9 months but I put this down to leaving a bulb fitted which caused distortion of the seal.

After fitting one of Peds Co2 seals I then proceeded to strip the brass thread from the valve assembly fitting it :facepalm: I believe slightly different to the original (Ped will confirm).
    A few PM's with our man Ped and I sent my valve assembly off to him. He modified the front section of the valve assembly for me and now works fine with one of his Co2 seals fitted. An improvement on the original. :up:

I'm sure I have seen similar seals (to the original) for sale but can't remember where. My bad. :(
    Having said that I can highly recommend Ped's seal kits. They contain all the seals and O rings you are likely to need and are extremely good value, and if you fancy he can modify the front of your valve assembly too. His turnaround is superb and he will most probably have it back in the post to you the same day he receives it, unless he's off fishing of course. :D

If you need any more help just shout.

billy.whizz, SimonCornwall and ped like this.
  12. ped

ped Keyboard Hero

the valve conversion is an exchange unit so if i have one done it is generally shipped as soon as i receive and checked your valve
    seal sets are always in stock and i have altered the red seal since you got one to limit the brass retainer stripping issue -which is one of the design flaws imo of the gun

billy.whizz, SimonCornwall and Nubble like this.
  13. SimonCornwall

SimonCornwall Posting Addict

Okay, thank you both, this is good and helpful. Looking at the knackered seal from mine I am wondering how long a replacement should last? (I have to admit I also left a cart in over a weekend or week). I have seen some stuff about trigger kits/springs but to be honest didn't find that an issue really, it wasn't either tough or light, is there anything that really makes a difference?

If I get a seal kit is there any danger of me putting the replacement cart seal in the wrong way round, is it worth getting more than one?

I like the open sights but have not found any other opens available that could fit, not a problem but I'm surprised there was nothing that wouldn't work on, can probably tinker with what it has.

Cheers

Nubble likes this.
  14. Nubble

Nubble Donator

I would say that a replacement should last at least a few hundred or so cartridges or more, in reality more than that so all good, just don't leave a bulb in, shoot it til empty or vent it s-l-o-w-l-y. Do it too quick and that itself will shaft your seals quicker than a quick thing.

At the price Ped charges I would get a couple at least then you do have a spare if you 'accidentally' fit it the wrong way.

15. Nubble

Nubble Donator

@SimonCornwall

PS. Re spring kits.

Whatever floats your boat really. If you are happy with it as it is then great. I couldn't believe how much difference swapping the trigger spring made to not only how the gun feels but also how it shoots and your accuracy. Not just my opinion. A lot of others have said the same!! ;)

I swapped out the hammer spring coz I wanted more-shots-per-bulb and wasn't worried about power. That's what I wanted (also makes it much nicer to cock too!!)

I would be happy to send you a [light] trigger spring for you to try, if it doesn't transform your gun and you don't like it, send it me back!!

Wild Bill and ped like this.
  16. ped

ped Keyboard Hero

the seal i supply will work either way round and is poly 75 shore,this is the seal kit i supply only you get 2 sets of barrel o rings
    37587411_1059056804251457_8889484844086591488_n.jpg
    to prolong seal life add a drop of co2 oil
    this is what i supplyin 10ml bottles
    42529461_2108053352790715_4425827643769749504_n.jpg
    at present i'm testing a cp2 to see the deformation a cart left in will cause on my seals
    i bought a beat up leaker of here and resealed it with my seals and using my oil i have left it sealed up since i got it
    i'll give it a bit longer and will then strip it to see how the seal looks
    i also do replacement ports on them
    37072672_2047179232211461_6248692539642085376_n.jpg