1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Coyote???

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by laserman, Aug 29, 2014.

1. laserman

laserman Well-Known Member

ive been drawn to the GAMO COYOTE PCP .177.....but cant find any vids,reviews on the web. ive got the review in the airgun world mag but that's it.

has anyone seen,,,shot these?. I had a GAMO whisper abit ago and liked it somewhat. but that was a springer and the COYOTE is a PCP. in the write up it says its made by BSA birmingham so will it have other BSA rifle parts inside?

any info would be great.

2. XTX

XTX Donator

I spoke to a guy who owns one, he said it is very accurate (it has a BSA barrel so it should be) and it had a decent shot count.

I have not seen or worked on one yet...

3. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

I'd have the r8 walther I think for that money

4. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

I'm tempted to get one for my next rifle but there isn't any video reviews yet.. Just a unboxing of one grrr!

5. Lincoln

Lincoln Engaging Member

Ive shouldered one in the shop .. l went there purposely to buy a Walther R8, and l have to say l was tempted. It felt really nice. Initially it shouldered better than the Walther. Plus, has a 10 shot mag, and felt lighter and that in turn gave the impression it would likely be more user friendly. All in all its impressive.

The rub of it is !! ... over the past few weeks, two companies have released pcp's circa £400 .. likely as not on par with each other in the main. Either way both have reached the standard that previously you would have to have spent far more dosh .. l decided on the Walther R8 ... reason ?

Well l'd set my.mind on buying the Walther, and l liked the look of the R8 a wee bit more ...in honesty .. l could have flipped a coin and dont doubt l'd of been content with either.

edit ... l don't like the name Gamo Coyote ... European gun, sold in Europe to Europeans, to me should have a European connection ... e.g. its Spannish made, and the iberian Lynx is an efficient Rabbit hunter !! (though its days look numbered, sadly)...so l'd have thought "Gamo Lynx" more fitting .. anyhow, my taxi is here ..

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    Gat Man likes this.
  6. cromelex

cromelex Well-Known Member

There is a Cometa Lynx PCP, Spanish made, so Gamo couldn't have used that name ;)

7. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

I bought my self a R8 in the end :) lovely rifle to shoot and I have been nothing but impressed by it so far :)

8. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

I have been faced with the same problem. I won't be buying until November so have a little more time to weigh up all the pros and cons of each rifle. Before I had even heard of the R8......I was interested in the Gamo because of the BSA connection.......but Walther has pretty good barrels as well....so back to square 1.

Brian

9. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Big Poster

Am I correct in thinking the R8 is just an 850 Magnum Co2 gun, converted to run on air.

10. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

In a conversation with a dealer which I had at the end of last week......the Dominator was mentioned. Apparently the dominator mags can be used. I am no expert.....just what I was told. I am talking .177 as that is what I am interested in.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  11. Silwer

Silwer Member

Here we have it as the BSA Buccaneer, the stock seems to differ from the Gamo Coyote and i thought the barrel did to, but i read here the Coyote has a BSA barrel too.

Inside its Gamo and Gamo and more Gamo anyway, the Magasine has big problems with idexing correctly especially with some pellets that is a bit longer (but not even uncommonly long just usual pellets).
    So people here have to use the one shoot thing to even use it properly as it otherwise just feels like stopping out of line with the barrel, and it's not hard to understand the damage done to the pellet in those cases.

But it is cheap of course.
    Here we have the problem that BSA takes them down to our licensfree powerlevel (10J), but don't , the just put a 10J sticker upon the German version 7.5J, so its sticker tuned.

This getting it to function bad as the transfercanal is like 1.4mm as it really is a German version really.

Some shoots bad as hell and in like 25m you cant get any groupings that makes sesne, all over the Place, but others work . enough fter som cleaning and boring of the crazy transfercanal, so those that has not get theirs to even shoot anywhere right change them for others and hopes thats a better one.

No one here buys something cheap like this and thinking that it will be good out of the box, but as it has the name BSA people expect more than from Gamo or a Hatsan, but no such luck.

I Think they will after some tuning be quite ok but it's a shame to put the BSA name on this, Just for the barrel and even there you wonder what the hell Gamo do with it.

Buy this if you know what you do around stuff like this, and yours may be a bit better as you have 12FPE as the limit and not needed it to be so extremly stupid Little Canal, it is not a good idea to take a 27J PCP and just restrict it like this not even changing anything in it just back off all the tension on the hammerspring.

I can't blame BSA as they just have made the barrels to the barbarians from Spain to destroy like Always, but really this sucks.

12. Lincoln

Lincoln Engaging Member

Silwer, how long have you owned the Gamo Coyote for? ... what calibre is your Coyote? .. how many pellets have you put down the barrel, and which makes of pellets did you decide to use to test your Gamo Coyote regatds to the results you have achieved accuracy wise .. cheers

13. Silwer

Silwer Member

No Coyote, its called BSA Buccaneer here, i first thougt they was different in some way, but i read here that the Coyote has a BSA barrel too.

When the BSA came here it cost about £350 so a lot of people bought one, all is in .177, and i'm describing what they has seen so far, it has only been like a couple of month since it came here.

The precision has been from ok to all over the target in 25m, but as i stated ours is 7.5J variants of the FAC gun an not so good thing as it has a 1.4mm transferport.
    I did not buy one i want to see what this goes when people has sorted them out, i guess some has bad barrels tho as we could not get it to shoot even as good as the cheapest chinese springun even with benchrest.

The Coyote if it just have a different stock may not be imported here at all so i have never seen one.

The makes of pellets was JSB,HoN FT, CPL and such and the ones that is Little longer makes the Magazine to not cycle and index correctly and the pellet gets damaged, really i Think most people use the singleshoot now.

I do not know if they will do anything to fix it from Gamo, to me it's unacceptable to just sell that, they must have tested it or is the production run so bad? so its a lottery.

This is at least to Sweden new weapons no one has owned one for long, its was just a honest report of what was what we have seen so far.
    The sticker with 10J is true not made up, when scraped of it says 7.5J under it:)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  14. TrickyDicky

TrickyDicky Life in the slow lane

After reading these posts I am surprised, I have just bought one of these (Gamo Coyote) over the RM8, quite simply because its feels nicer to use, better balanced, and the action felt better, and now I have used it a bit its very accurate, I have had no indexing problems, the only time you may run into a problem is if you don't fully cock the mechanism, you can double load, so it pays to pull the magazine and fire to make sure you haven't a double load, certainly don't regret buying it over the RM8, its a nicer gun IMO.

15. Lord Long

Lord Long Engaging Member

I've had a Coyote for about 6 weeks now, bought it over the RM8 because IMO it's a better looking gun, I don't like buddy bottles and it only has 8 shots. The Gamo came with one mag, I bought another BSA mag they are the same, you can index wrong as stated above by not fully pulling the bolt back, however it seems to work fine with most pellets, Exacts, FTTs Falcons..the finish is pretty good, not as good as AA blueing, but no worse than HW. In .177 I get 100 shots, it's very accurate and is as accurate as guns costing twice the price. This I know as there were some big hitters sitting next to me last weekend, and I was hitting the same as them out to 80 yards. I'm very impressed with it for the price. £375 is what I paid.

16. gary morton

gary morton Active Member

Hi folks I recently purchased a Coyotte in august of this year and have had nothing but hassle from it, Customer service is non existant at Gamo and yet still got no response from them. i have had good communications from bsa who have stepped to help me out as gun under warranty and is as we speak being returned. There is a few on line articles cropping up now and all just average reports some american reviews not great so i have spoken to my local gun dealer and he agreed to take coyotte of me and going for Air Arms s510 Superlite. so Please be warned not good reliable gun and backup service from Gamo is non existence thats my experience. Stick with proven make, models lads save up that extra few pound buy quality.

17. themadspread

themadspread Donator

if you go on si pittaways u tube sight (vermin hunters tv)he does a good review of the rm8 in 177 and 22.a part of the 22 review was done at a forum meet and I had a pop with it and was impressed with it. I was hitting spinners at 40 yds with ease.for the money I thought it was very good

18. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Like many guns or any item for that matter you will get some people who are delighted with their purchase and those that aren't.There are some owners on here who are very happy with the Coyote and one or two who are not but the same applies to the Walther R8 a similar priced gun,some rate it highly some haven't Go to a decent RFD and have a good look ,examine it, shoulder it and if possible a few test shots.The Coyote and the Walther R8 are both relatively new guns and it's too early judge them on durability or reliability.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  19. gary morton

gary morton Active Member

Hi Patrick they have No durability or reliability no back up service brand new out of the box gun and broke

20. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

As Patrick states above , your particular rifle had issues. There are examples out there that have been faultless and reliable.
    If you had lots of trouble with did the RFD you purchased it from offer to replace it with another ?
    Regards,Stu..