1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Couple of questions

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by bob20, Jan 18, 2006.

1. bob20

bob20 Newbie

Hiya,

I've been shooting for a couple of years now (mainly with shotguns), and have a long tradition of shooting in the family. I'd like to get into Pre-charged air rifles (I don't really have access to enough land for a .22 rimfire, not to mention the aggro to obtain a Section 1 FAC). I've been looking at several. I really like Logun's, in particular the Axsor and MkII professional.

The only thing which puts me off pre-charged, is that it seems quite 'daunting', with the pumping-up process etc. No doubt it's easy once you get to grips with it, but is it complicated to get the hang of?

Also, from what I can gather, the Logun Axsor has removable magazine's (so the shooter could carry a pre-loaded magazine), and the MkII has a 'fixed' magazine which is not removable. Is this correct, and if so what are people's opinions of the 2 different types?

Anyone got any other advice?

Many thanks in advance.

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

I'm about to get my first pcp as well so i can't tell you much about them, but charging them must be easy if you use a divers bottle and not a hand pump. :)
    I'm going for a gun that uses a buddy bottle as they give many more shots between charging.
    Logun seem to have good after sales service from what i here so you should be ok on that part.

3. Airgunner

Airgunner Well-Known Member

First things first, an indication as to where you live in your profile would help to help you.

I live in Dorset and have over the years taken people out with me to try the rifles they are interested with and to show them the ins and outs of owning a pre-charged rifle.

I have a few as you can see here... http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=760720&uid=530766

Also I would seriously consider the Diving Tank filling with a bottle other than the manual stirup pump type.

If you would like a chat e-mail me your number and I will phone you or I will phone you if you wish.

Regards
    Barry

4. Colin

Colin Guest

Go for the diving tank, no doubt about that, but beyond that its a matter of opinion

5. Airgunner

I was looking for an "Edit" button to change my post but was unable to find one.

I live in Dorset and have in the past helped people new to airguns get started.

Have a look at my site it may help, http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=airgunner a location in the profile would help others help you.

6. Andy

Sorted that out now, i had the edit option set at a time limit of one day. :(

Changed it to infinity now :)

7. Airgunner

Good move... Sorted your PCP yet?

8. Andy

Not yet i am not sure wether to get the Daystate Air ranger or wait for the wolf to come out with electronic trigger. :confuzed:

9. Airgunner

Not a lover of bottle guns. I get 120 shots from my MKIII .177" and my latest MKIII which is the 'C' version gives me 100 and it looks good.

[​IMG]

10. Airgunner

I wanted to add that this was the rifle I used for HFT in 2005 ,but my rifle I use for hunting is the 'A' version. The 'C' version has a "Paul Wilson" stock on it. My 'A' version is as it came from Daystate .

[​IMG]

11. Eagleman

Eagleman Member

Horses for courses re fixed cylinder or buddy bottle. I like both - I have a Mark 1 Rapid and HW100T. One thing I am sure about though is that I wouldn't even consider a hand pump! :eek: Too much like hard work! :D