1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Combro surprise

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by RyRy, May 15, 2014.

1. RyRy

RyRy Donator

Invested in a combro purchase the other day so I could make sure I stay legal with my rifle, especially since tuning it. The device arrived yesterday and I was quick to set up and get it tested. So I punched in the details of the pellet I was using, aligned the unit using the bore aligner and tightened it on to the v clamp attached to my rifle. Fired the pellet and almost Censored myself as something flew back at me. Some how during firing the rifle, the unit had buckled on the v clamp and the pellet took a nice sized chunk from the end of the unit. I quickly sent an email to the guys over at combro letting them know what happened and explained that I thought it might have had a faulty fitting clamp. Not long after I found the missing sun shade and part of the outer case in the middle of the grass (I wasn't even looking, I have a habit of finding small important things when I'm just bimbling around (easy..) ). Got the parts refitted and glued the case together, hey presto and it was fixed in fully working order again. Not looking great but fully functional. However mister postman has dropped me a new case today from combro. I thought this was a nice little gesture from them as I'm sure they get a lot of people trying to pull the wool over their eyes when they shoot their combro's to pieces through self error! This case fits a MILLION times better over the v clamp as well now and doesn't move at all when tightened!

2. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Did you get an invoice for £7.50?

I did when I sent my 1st faulty unused unit back! lol

3. talent

talent Posting Addict

Well I shot mine yesterday .... had one for years bought a new one last week . build quality is not as good but hey ho . second Shot and broke it.

4. trumpetier

trumpetier Pro Poster

Great little gizzmos the combros, ive had one for years....top company to deal with also.

5. rynner

rynner Busy Member

i dont believe it! last week i bought one from woodys at wembly,as i wanted to check my hw57,the fitting was checked against a 57 in stock,took it home and 2nd shot exactly the same as the op,i aligned mine by using a rod from a cleaning kit,i will return mine for a repair but im thinking of using hair bands or something a bit firmer to attach it,

6. trumpetier

trumpetier Pro Poster

I dont bother with bands, just hold it on.....fingers well out the way of course ;)

7. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

When using the Combro on a springer it either needs to be separated from the barrel or held tightly to it - I suspect that under recoil and surge the chrono moves with respect to the rifle; causing it to be misaligned at the moment of pellet exit and causing the damage described ;)

8. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Using a Combro on a springer requires a knack.... a realignment after every time you close the barrel (break barrel) make sure the safety is ON and also realign after every shot too!

9. Dag

Dag Pro Poster

Agreed! However I did notice something quite odd today.
    Messing around, as I have been lately, trying to find best way to use Combro on my HW45 and I noticed that when I had nipped up everything after using alignment tool I just happened to pop Mrs Dag's No 7 knitting needle down the barrel (at 4.47mm not a bad fit) and noticed the alignment was well off centre vertically. So I popped the alignment tool back in and guess what , it appeared to be dead centre!
    "Strange" says I, and then I noticed that the two plastic mouldings which form the body of the Combro are not aligned and make one side of the base of the bore higher than the other. Not only that they throw the alignment tool out of vertical. A careful rub down with emery paper and now all aligns perfectly.
    The Combro is a great little device but it's component parts can be a tad misaligned or have flash marks. It pays to check the alignment of even the alignment tool.:shrug:
    atb
    Dag

10. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

I always fix my Combro in place (on pcps) with insulating tape. This is easy to use, cheap and holds it firmly in place until I want to remove it. Elastic bands, cable ties etc are nowhere near as good.

11. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

For pcp, mine permanently stays securely taped to an old silencer:)

12. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Make sure housing screws on the Combro body are not too tight as they could distort and pull the sensors out of alignment.

Just nip the screws up until they stop.

13. RyRy

RyRy Donator

Yeah I use tape to fix mine in place as well. It's much more sturdy now anyway. I didn't even send the unit back and they sent me the new case free of charge without me even asking for one. I'm debating aligning it then taping the clamp together with electric tape as well just for extra security. Other than the little mishap yesterday it's a great piece of kit!

14. RyRy

RyRy Donator

I think the clamping system was just a bit faulty. When the v clamp was pushed up to align it would come out of place completely.

15. Bemused

Bemused Engaging Member

My v clamp was tight as hell but a few minutes fettling the dove tail had it working wonderfully.

16. sharpsman

sharpsman Big Poster

I intended to send mine back as i shot the end off it, but when i tried thier website it says it is under reconstruction ect and that thier address has changed so a bit unsure where to send it to now.Thankfully i still have my old skan that must be 20 0dd years old now and still works perfectly but it cost a lot more than the combro even all them years ago.

17. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

This is the place to go http://www.chronoscopes.com/

18. RyRy

RyRy Donator

Chrony website is under maintenance at the moment so you have to use their PayPal one combro.biz

19. RyRy

RyRy Donator

I'd shot the end off but didn't have to send back they just sent me a brand new case out

20. SniperSi

SniperSi Donator

i tape mine without checking it after every shot and its been fine.