1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Combro help.............

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Bwarnos, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Bwarnos

Bwarnos Busy Member

I bought a combro CB-625 off Ruben, great guy. I have just been in the Garden and fired 90 shots through it but need some help understanding things!!!

I put the correct pellet weight in (the right place i think) and reset it after each shot.

Below are the readings....maybe boring for some!!!

190 Bar

180 Bar ish

170 Bar ish

160 Bar ish

150 Bar ish

140 Bar ish

130 Bar ish

120 Bar ish

110/115 Bar ish

So!!............. Have I just wasted 90 pellets and done this wrong!!!?

My questions are what would now be the best pressure to fill my gun to so I can get the most out of it. First time using such a thing so havent really got a clue what im doing!!!!

When I hold the PDS button down it shows 11.03 so is that my average? Seem's a bit low?

Cheers Guy's!

2. Irvysan

Irvysan Posting Addict

3. Bwarnos

Bwarnos Busy Member

Yea got the manual thanks Irvysan, came with it, just not that good at understanding it!!

4. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

CHRIST ,nodded off then :yawn:

5. Bwarnos

Bwarnos Busy Member

:moo: any ideas then fella!!!? Just want to know if this looks like I have done it right!

6. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

done what right,put me to sleep,yep you sure have :up:

no only pulling you plonker,i'rrrrrrrm yer look ok,looks to me like your fill pressure needs tobe no higher then 180 max

7. Bwarnos

Bwarnos Busy Member

Troll's don't sleep! :Rock On:

I was thinking 160 Bar would give me 50 good shots?

8. Bwarnos

Bwarnos Busy Member

After having another look through my results I am wondering if they are a bit too varied!? Lowest at 10.58 and highest at 11.43 should it not sit around the same level roughly? :confused:

Any help would be great!

9. DougR

DougR Busy Member

Any unregulated gun is going to exhibit a "power curve" - that is the average power (muzzle velocity) will change depending on the pressure in the main reservoir...

Look like your gun is doing exactly that.
    Overfilled to 190 bar you are down to ten and a half FtLbs
    in the "Sweet spot" - 135 down to 110 you are seeing around 11.3
    then it starts to tail off gently.

All in all it looks like a pretty decent performance.

If you want to get picky, record the speeds rather than the power, and put the figures into Excel - and then start playing with the statistical toolkit.

Standard Deviation has nothing to do with sexual preferences.

10. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

I'd agree that converting that to fps would be more valuable to look at. Looks like a 170 bar fill is ideal.

11. Bwarnos

Bwarnos Busy Member

Cheers for the comments Dough and Darren, I never use more than 30 shots in a shooting session, sometimes not even 10 depends what's about so 150 bar for hunting and 170 for plinking I rekon!

12. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

looks right to me a pcp is normally set lower toward 11ft lbs as when the weather warms up your power will rise with warmer air = higher pressures.

13. GIRLYPANTS

GIRLYPANTS Banned BANNED

you found your sweet spot :D