1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Combro / Android project

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by spike589715, Apr 29, 2014.

1. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

Hi Guys
    I have been working with my brother (well he did all the work) to make a system for linking an Android phone to the Combro crono
    The interface plugs directly into the Combro and Micro USB port on most Android phones - spins up the app
    the crono is switched on - it uses the phones power so no battery worries
    shots are fired, these are all recorded and the shot string can be emailed directly from the phone
    I have been using this system for a while now and it works great - all the shot strings on my web site have been captured using this system

http://theywalkamongstus.co.uk/airguns/airguns.html

http://www.zbm2.com/blueshot/

if anyone is interested there is some contact details on the second site - the system may not work with every single Android phone (Android 4 and up required) - this is due to how some manufactures have handled USB on the go - some versions can supply power others not also firmware can effect this as well so we will have to check out on some phones

what do you guys think ??

Cheers

Simon

2. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

It's a useful idea and could be very helpful for a lot of people.
    If you and your brother would like a challenge how about getting a phone to display and record video from a night vision or scope camera, that would be popular as well.

3. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

That could be very useful to some people, however what about us Iphone owners?

4. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

Hi
    my brother is the programmer, my understanding is that there are restrictions to what you can do with the iPhone socket it is more tied down than android phones, he does program for IOS as well so maybe if there is enough interest he may look at this in the future
    I know it takes a ton of mental energy to get an app up and running so I think we will see how the android one goes first

cheers
    si

5. neiled

neiled Donator

Great idea but £30 for the interface cable is way too expensive unless your going to use it extensively (and I mean a lot), even then I think it's too expensive.

6. mark112

mark112 Engaging Member

Hi Simon,

Just spent a few minutes looking at this app (demo only) on my phone and aside from a few issues such as scrolling the graph and the format of the .csv output file (be nice if it could have option of ,<CR> for me). I found it to look very promising. I'd need to know that it worked on my own particular phone so if you/he gets the chance to test it on a Motorola Razr-i that would be nice :). On the whole though looks good and will be definately watching this space.

Mark

7. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

Hi
    unfortunately it is not just a case of bunging a cable in both ends and it all works - wish it was as simple and an off the shelf cable would work - there is some electronics in between .... And the programmer wants to eat as well
    we may be able to re visit the pricing but there is quite a bit of work in putting the interfaces together and with small scale production this means a soldering iron in someone's hand ...

cheers
    simon

8. mark112

mark112 Engaging Member

Hi,

Would this cable work between my Combro and my laptop (with a suitable micro-usb to normal usb adaptor). This would give you the option of connecting to a PC when testing at home or using my android phone when at the farm/range/club etc. This may also be a good selling point :)

Just a thought.

Mark

9. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

Hi Mark
    The cable would not work with your PC ... two reasons
    firstly it is micro USB so would need an adaptor
    secondly the chip set it is running is set up for android and the driver has been written for the app - your PC would not have a driver that would work correctly

the system is optimised for the phone - it really is easy to use and the results can be mailed from the phone

Cheers

simon

10. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

11. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

Hi Guys
    the first few have been posted out now, and we have our first review on google play 5 stars !

with the comment :-

Excellent Really good app works amazingly with the combro highly recommended

so thank you !

Cheers
    Simon

12. andybro

andybro Engaging Member

Simple answer get rid of the iPhone. Lol

13. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

HI Guys
    Update !
    following some great feedback and interest in this project.

We now have a version for the Crony F1 working in the same way

drop us an email if your interested

Simon

14. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

HI Guys

sold a couple now
    latest review on google play !

Kristian Engström on 9 Jul 2014 at 23:51

Finally! Perfect complement to the Combro! Very easy to use and if you
    want to you can import the data into a spreadsheet and analyze it to
    bits... Makes tuning so much easier. I recommend it to all airgun