1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Colt 1911 Magazine Problem

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Wild Bill, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill co2 Enthusiast and voice of reason

Hi my fellow co2 pistol fans.

The other day I purchased what I thought was a fully working co2 pistol in good faith and when the gun arrived the magazine was found to be faulty. It will not hold gas at all. I wasted 4 capsules on it until I realised it was not leaking from the valve seals or faces but out of the top. See my pic. The gas just blasts out immediately. I have tried pellgun oil too.

P1020962.JPG

I have read that this can be a common fault on these co2 Colt 1911 types and that the only way to remedy it is to replace the actual valve parts that are housed in the top of the magazine or by buying a new magazine for not much more.

But does anyone have any experience of these magazines here that might be able to help? Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks in advance. :up:

oedbachgen and C220w205 like this.
  2. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

The firing valve at the top of the mag will be at fault. It's either not screwed in fully, debris on the valve sealing surface (common), or a failed oring.

In all cases, the firing valve at the top of the mag will need removing to inspect it

3. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

A total strip down is usually all that’s required , sometimes it’s just an oring slightly unseated or has compressed a little too much and the valve has come loose , simply flipping the oring round can solve it , a valve tool like this is very handy for quick removal without marring but you can make your own if need be with a modded penny washer , piece of tubing or anything you can set a couple of teeth onto with central clearance .

3A285D6A-56F9-4CE3-A7FE-5A91A4232EFB.jpeg

4. flatrajectory

flatrajectory Posting Addict

Wild Bill,
    As jimmypie says it will almost certainly be the O ring at the valve seat. Unscrew the valve from the mag a d look into the hole in the mag where the valve came from. It can be hard to see but right at the bottom is a black viton O ring seal, which is probably crushed.
    From memory the size is 8mm X 1mm in viton. I can check the size tomorrow for you as I have a spare one lying around somewhere.

Pete.

5. flatrajectory

flatrajectory Posting Addict

Wild Bill,
    Just measured the valve seal and it is 6x1mm. In viton. If you cannot buy them locally pm me your address and I will send you a couple.
    Pete.

6. C220w205

C220w205 May Contain Nuts.

That’s a bummer Wild Bill, I hope it doesn’t hold you up too much in the fun comp:eek:

What a fantastic gesture from one forum member to another :thumb:

Wild Bill likes this.
  7. Wild Bill

Thank you all but a big thank you to Mr Flatrajectory. PM on the way. I will also buy one of those tools to aid repair.

Many thanks all. You have restored my faith in the good members here after the seller on here didn't want to know when I contacted him. ( @ Terry Davies ). I think he knew the magazine was knackered when he sold me the pistol.

8. Wild Bill

Just pm'd you my friend. Thanks.

C220w205 likes this.
  9. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

Looks like i dodged that one then, have you left him appropriate feedback?

Wild Bill and C220w205 like this.
  10. Wild Bill

Yes and he's complained about that too. o_O:rolleyes:
    Basically he has refused to refund, replace or allow me to send him the pistol back for a refund. Nice chap. Not.

11. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

Worth reporting him to the mod team then, that kind of behaviour is unacceptable!

Wild Bill, oedbachgen and C220w205 like this.
  12. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

We're well aware of this, thanks....

Dibob, Wild Bill, oedbachgen and 3 others like this.
  13. gingernut

gingernut Well-Known Member

Looks like the common KWC 1911 mag.
    Not too expensive to replace.
    Doesnt sound like the seller will pay for it!

14. nevadacowboy

nevadacowboy Busy Member

Poor form on the seller's part. This forum expects better.

15. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Not had a problem with mine at moment Wild Bill, but thank you for your tread on what could be a future one. Great help from forum members and what a nice gesture from flatrajectory.

16. Wild Bill

They are 36 quid mate. And no the seller has buried his head and refused to help. Like I stated earlier, some good guys on here and they counteract the odd bad one. :up:

oedbachgen likes this.
  17. Wild Bill

The forum normally does act better but this member has been a member since 2010 but has got hardly any posts so you can see he is not really a useful contributor anyway and now we know what type of person he is.
    If I was the seller I would have refunded the difference straight away or asked him to send it back for full refund but hey, we can't all be good fellas. I hope the person who bought his co2 rifle off him fairs better.

PumpnGun likes this.
  18. Wild Bill

Just need to buy myself one of those valve removing tools and hopefully I can rescue the magazine and at least be able to use the 1911.

Thanks all.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  19. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

I see he's been banned Bill, we don't need his kind :(, well done the Mods :thumb:

Ray

20. gingernut

gingernut Well-Known Member

6mm Bill?
    Or 4.50
    I may have one hiding somewhere

Wild Bill likes this.