1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Colin Malloy.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by engraver, Oct 3, 2014.

1. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Got two 16" .22 theoben Rapid barrels back today from Colin and very well packed they were.

One of these barrels if you had seen it beforehand had a massive gouge out of it but was said to be very accurate so I polished it out[​IMG][​IMG] and gave it to colin in a bit of a rough state, he obviously put some more polishing into them both.

Anyhow the results are what can I say brilliant! and he is a nice guy to boot, cant recommend him enough.[​IMG][​IMG]

As good as Theoben bluing? I would say definitely.

2. stevep

stevep Engaging Member

Look very nice,he is very good and very reasonably priced as well

3. martin22

martin22 Donator

looks a first class job that mate,i look forward to getting my parts back he's had them nearly a month now,how long did he take with yours elliot?

4. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

To be honest mate I think they have had a bereavement in the family so best wishes to them at this difficult time.

Its worth the wait mate anyway.

5. martin22

martin22 Donator

i didnt realise that but hope they ok,ill just wait as the last think he'll want is folk hounding him,ive no doubt it will be worth the wait as ive never heard a bad word about his work and your barrels look mint

6. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

Looks like an excellent bluing job Elliot! I did not know that you were a Rapid man! atb Paul.

7. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

High quality job there - he's a craftsman! :up:

8. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

I love Rapids paul or should I say Theobens in general , Ive owned 7 rapids up to now, and 5 gasrams, but to some of the more seasoned Rapid fans Im a newbie.

But I first shot a mates Rapid in 1990 and he still has it, but I couldn't afford one back then, I had a theoben grand prix then a fenman for ten years that was a great little rifle, but I have been perving over rapids since I was about 11 yrs old and still have all the magazine reviews from the early mk1s to the last of the mk2s.

Ive got a mk2 .177 that I wouldn't part with for a gold pig, best one Ive owned, and its been a bit like living the childhood dream with that gun, I had all the must have bits done, then used it for two seasons and its put a lot of shots away that are ingrained in my memory now, so I feel officially aquainted;):D:up:

These two .22 barrels may have to be sold now as they are surplus to requirement as I sold my .22 regged anchutz block the other day, and Ive started to wonder why the hell did I do that:confused: would have looked mint with one of these blued barrels on and the stock refinishing using my own method to bring the grain out, anyway there are always more rapids out there for the taking/building, got to love them.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  9. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Looks top class work there, bet your pleased with them Elliot :up: