1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question Charging/compressor Options

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by tonupt, May 2, 2020.

1. tonupt

tonupt Member

Hi.. I am a recent arrival to this Forum and Airguns in general... Thanks for having me. I am looking for charging options for my Hatsan Galatian .22. I have seen some high bar compressors for sale on Ebay.. but I am sure I need sound advice from experienced users before I take the next step. I am in East London and would also like info on getting a tank and using a diver supply or club for refills. Anyone fancy helping the amateur fairground sniper out ? Much appreciated, Tony

2. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

There have been a lot of threads like this over the past several weeks due to lockdown, so it's been done to death a bit, have a quick look at the search option as there is lots of current info there which will answer all your questions on this :thumb:

James

3. sagalout

sagalout What a plinker!

Answer the following questions and which one/type will be revealed :)

What's your budget?
    Do you want to be able to fill a dive cylinder? If yes how big?
    How much effort do you want to put into setup?
    How many external filters are you happy to use?
    Can you leave it setup or do you need to put it away each time/day?
    Do you need it to be portable? If so do you need it to use 12V i.e be useable form the car?
    How much maintenance are you willing to do to the compressor?
    How loud are you willing for it to be?

Tim_B, Wofty, tonupt and 1 other person like this.
  4. pjgtech

pjgtech I shoot, therefore I aim......

Welcome, and see above message... :up:

tonupt likes this.
  5. Kj1

Kj1 Posting Addict

6. tonupt

tonupt Member

Thank you. I did have a bit of a search and just found one relevant... which was for a repair required unit. But I will look deeper. Happy days !

7. tonupt

tonupt Member

Hi.. Thanks for the interrogation LOL !! Ve vill talken !
    I have seen some small chuggers from China at about the £400 mark.
    I will be using it in my workshop just to ping a variety of target things.. shooting gallery type stuff.. so I guess I just want to charge the cylinder on the rifle, if that is a good idea. Noise isn't an issue. Nor is space for permanent setup
    I know the air must be clean for a rifle or a scuba tank
    And I understand I need about 400 bar
    I guess the rest of the answers will fit within that requirement.
    Many thanks
    Tony

8. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

Bob Baldwin likes this.
  9. sagalout

sagalout What a plinker!

Do NOT charge anything to 400 bar. 300 is the normal max but your gun may be 200 or less. Very important to get the gun pressure right.

The cheap Chinese were £150 in the UK 6 months ago. If you buy direct from china at £400 I think you might get a nasty surprise at customs.

If you are prepared to pay £400 from china I would add a couple of hundred and go for the Hill EC300 £800 British company or the Omega Trailcharger £750 British distributor, or the Nomad 2 £650 British distributor. There are a number of small compressors around the £500 mark, there are a couple of members on here that have them or give @dancza aka Big Dan the Youtube slut reviewer a shout, he may be able to help.

There are a million posts on the Yong Heng type.

tonupt and Tim_B like this.
  10. dancza

dancza Donator

When it comes to my experience with compressors I can only talk about the Artemis K30 unit as it's the only one I've ever used. It's a great solid little compressor but the older models with the separate power packs do suffer from power pack failure.. this has been addressed with the new units having a new system built into the unit itself.

That being said I'm still using mine with the jump leads that comes with it and the actual compressor itself works flawlessly and can be set to cut off either due to temperature which the user can set to either 50 or 70 degrees on the digital read out or when the K30 has filled the airgun you're using to your desired pressure.

I will say though that if you're thinking about getting a K30.. get a newer one without the separate power pack once they're out, if they can get that sorted they'll be a tremendous little compressor.

Now can I go back to the tanning salon @sagalout ?

Funny 1.jpg

Howlin Wolf and tonupt like this.
  11. sagalout

sagalout What a plinker!

Kertist where's the eye bleach?????

That's the comp. I was trying to think off. Cheers Dan.

tonupt and dancza like this.
  12. tonupt

tonupt Member

Thanks, Sagalout. It was the Yong Heng that I was looking at. One company was supplying from Europe. I followed some of the leads kindly provided by Jesim 1.
    I have seen some info saying to beware of small compressors. The Hatsan has 200 bar max printed on it but since the Yong Heng has a 4500 lbs /400 bar rating I figured that it wouldn't be overworking on filling the gun,s tank.
    Those Yong Heng have def got popular. The prices are way up from £150.. and mostly out of stock. Ebay wasn't looking rosy. I have never used Alibaba because I like my point of supply in the UK, but I will keep my options open. Including a scuba tank. But I haven't found a filling place around London yet, either. The rifle has a 1/2 tank full from purchase and I have fired just 5 rounds. I wonder if patience is still a virtue if it is also a necessity.
    Thanks again for your help. Big Dan looks like a sweetie and disturbingly familiar.. Costa del solslut , perhaps ? So many memories lost to margaritas. ;-)

sagalout likes this.
  13. Tangent Arc

Tangent Arc Engaging Member

Welcome Tony. You've come to the right place. These lads will help you out. I'm not from your neck of the woods, so I can't add anything of use. Hope you get sorted bud.

tonupt likes this.
  14. tonupt

tonupt Member

Nice ankle bracelet.
    I did have a look at the Artemis. £499 but out of stock where I looked. I will keep looking at anything promising. Wee suggestion, you might wanna upscale from a tanning bed to a kebabshop grill.. some jobs need a special approach LOL !! pirouetting like a music-box ballerina

sagalout and dancza like this.
  15. sagalout

sagalout What a plinker!

I had a Yong Heng and my 7L 20 bar a day habit broke it much to @Wewekokowe's delight :p. They are an excellent bit kit but you need external water for cooling and filters for cleaning the air.

tonupt likes this.
  16. tonupt

tonupt Member

Thank you. I am very grateful for the advice and clarifications . I think I have my next few steps sorted out. As the brave 600 said before they charged into the valley. Yong Heng.. £306.. Walsall... Ebay. What could possibly go wrong ??

Tangent Arc likes this.
  17. Tangent Arc

Tangent Arc Engaging Member

You learn fast mate. You'll do just fine.

tonupt likes this.
  18. tonupt

tonupt Member

Thanks Tangent Arc. That Walsall place had a unit which looked like an unmarked Yong Heng but was listed as a Crenex in the small print info under "Brand". £280 delivered. Ordered it 2 days ago and it arrived this morn. It is def a Yong Heng. Getting the oil and then away I go. I just need to work out a coupling from the compressor filler hose to the rifle airtank. The filler hose has a quick release whilst the rifle filler probe has a male thread. I will sort it. These things get good reviews.. in the usa Walmart actually stock AND service them. I sure hope that "Crenex" malarkey isn't a way to offload the seconds LOL ! Happy days

19. tonupt

tonupt Member

Mine turned up today. Its unlabelled .. but it is a Yong Heng. Seen enough youtube on them to be sure. I have faith. And a water bucket... and maybe even some ice. I am going direct to filling the rifle... I think its going to be real nice for that.

20. Bozz

Bozz Posting Addict

Hi I just got mine from same supplier and 3day delivery also. Don't forget the type 46 hydrolic oil they need I got mine from Amazon and came in 2days, I set mine up yesterday and it ran a treat. Graham

tonupt likes this.