1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question chairgun pro

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by AirArms456, Jan 26, 2014.

1. AirArms456

AirArms456 Junior Member

Just wondering if anyone uses chairgun pro and to what degree of success? I have always wanted to use it but have never had the right information such as velocity, but after this wednesday i will do!

So thoughts and opinions please

Cheers

Isaac

2. Chinnymonster81

Chinnymonster81 Busy Member

It's pretty good gives you a good idea of where your aim points are and rangefinder data. Not 100% accurate as every shot varies in velocity but good enough that you can go straight out and use the info and then refine. Available on your smartphone as well.

3. mark112

mark112 Engaging Member

Hi,

I do use it and find it very useful especially for comparing various setups (different scope mounts, pellets, ft.lbs levels etc). The accuracy of the data you get out of it will depend on how accurate the data is you put into it. I use the facility to generate the ballistic coefficient based on drop at various ranges. Having done this I find the data certainly good enough for my needs. There are other 'Tools' available also such as a fill calculator and a facility for analysing full and partial shot strings (if you can't or don't drive a spreadsheet). Its well worth a look at (and the smartphone stuff) especially as it is FREE!

I was about to send them an e-mail about a trick I think they are missing with one of the tools. Have e-mailed them before and they do listen to input so fair play to the guys.

Anyway try it. I think it can be a excellent addition to the shooting toolkit even if you only use 10% if it's functionality.

Mark

4. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    i think its a great tool, and as said above, its as accurate as the data you put in.
    it may need a 'slight tweak' for the real world shooting, but its quite an accurate starting point and comparison program

5. Dag

Dag Pro Poster

Agree with everything Steve says . It is a great way to see what you can do and then go out and try it in the range etc. If you are a bit of a nerd like me you can work through so much teccy stuff and get info on velocities, ftlbs at impact, time to impact, pellet drop etc. The best thing for me though is seeing how little or much the pellet varies from the zero point and the related "kill zone". Without it it would have taken me so much longer to "visualise" the trajectory of a pellet or to have recognised the double zero point.
    It has its critics and those who wouldn't touch it with a barge pole but it has added so much to my interest in the sport.
    When you have tried it then get out on the range and test what you have discovered.
    atb
    Dag :)

6. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Behind you! Mwhahahahah Just kidding. Christchurch
    Great for setting up scopes.

It has a wealth of features but as previously mentioned if you only used 10% of them its worth its weight in gold for a freebie..

7. UrbanFox

UrbanFox Well-Known Member

Another good program is the free version Strelok. has loads of different rets from scope makers, MTC AMD and SCB are in there, except Hawke?
    You do need to setup certain parameters as its also used for high power rifles. Versions for Android and I think Iphone.

atb
    Bri

8. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

The only limitation is that it is designed for Hawke scopes, since they give it away you can't really complain. There are generic mil dot reticles as well. There is a sister program called Hawke BRC2 which is also well worth a look.
    Once you have your pellet identified a a reliable value for velocity all you need to do is measure your scope height - the distance from the centre of the scope to the centre of the bore - and you have access to a lot of information and calculations. It will give you the best distance for zeroing for your combination, show the effect of changing scope height etc etc.
    You will still need to verify the answers by shooting but you will probably find it to be very accurate, just as long as you input accurate data.

9. Dag

Dag Pro Poster

Whilst Terry is right about Hawke scopes nevertheless the pellet performance data provided is applicable to any rifle/scope combination. As Terry says, so long as you have the info re muzzle velocity obtained via your chrono and set the correct pellet size and make ( all provided within Chairgun) you can play for hours setting different zero points and trying out different pellets with what will now be your known ft lbs info.
    Remember, your first visit with a known pellet and your chrono fps will give you your rifle's ftlb info. Everything thereafter can be seen from your ftlbs and pellet info, and you can try any variation of pellet from their database to see what effect the change might make.
    Dag

10. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

I should have made it clearer, I was only referring to the reticles/aim points etc which cover pretty well all the Hawke reticles but also include mil dots.
    The data on drop, holdover, wind deflection etc is, as Dag says, applicable to anything with the same pellet/velocity. Also helpful for calculations on shooting up/down steep slopes, shimming scopes and covers a lot more than just air rifles. It does take some time to find all the helpful bits in there and you can take it out in the field on your phone.