1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Cash, Cheque, Postal order or splay pal

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by JD, Apr 14, 2014.

1. JD

JD Donator

What ever happened to the old ways of paying for things,

Cash, everyones first choice.

Cheque, its only a pain in the ass, if you can't wait for it to clear,

Postal order, expensive, you pay for the PO and the postage to send it on.

Splay pal, who you kidding, you give me £100 and I have to pay £4 for some go between to handle my money,

then when I ask for the buyer to pay the fees, they run away, as 4p in the £1 is to much for them, but ok for me.

Now I would like to say a Thankyou, to DenTB, as the first thing he bought from me, the price was £25
    he gave me £26 without asking for it,

Second time round, he gave the payment as a gift, thus avoiding the fees.

It's not as if, I'm going to run away, if you pay me by gift ( Look at how long I've been a member and my sales feed back )
    but some would seem to think so.

2. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

You sound like you don't do many deals with farmers, John. Round here we still deal in "luck money", where you give one coin / note back when selling an item. The old boys are notorious for paying with notes in as big denominations as they can get away with, so that one will go home with them again. I wonder if that's where the inspiration for PayPal came from?

3. surrey shooter

surrey shooter Donator

I always give luck money back when dealing face 2 face. The few members I have met can vouch for that.

4. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Grumps is a Luck money man face to face . Unless an agreed price is knocked down during the deal . Grumps does not reduce the asking price after deal agreed upon . How ever if buying on line from someone im not familiar with i pay paypal goods and services and i pay the fees . Strange Grumps is saying this but i find paypal to be an outstanding service at a very very reasonable cost in todays world . Buying on line for out door equipment not available in my area , flea bay , I find fund me donations for charity simple to use . the gift option allows the purchase of goods not allowed on goods and services and also to trade for free . So Why not charge for insurance on large purchases . i had a paypal issue recently . All resolved between both parties amicably :up: However because we where both crap with computers a nice Lady from PP called me and in 5 mins had it all sorted . Hey . Fair Play :up:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  5. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Just started using PayPal myself, I think its magic, dangerous though!!

What p****s me off, is the students that use my shop, they spend £l.50 and pay by card!

Holds everyone up!

6. JD

JD Donator

Luck money ? what ever next, a pound for me piles, LOL

And you wouldn't want to have to count them, to find out how much you got to give me back. : O

What ever happened to doing deals like men ? strike the deal and spit and shake on it.

The explains alot Badshot boy, so now we know why all your deals end with a 50p on the end. lol

With an invisable gun, because there are some who use it just to raise disputes and issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
  7. edtwozeronine

edtwozeronine Donator

I've never come across luck money. I've heard the saying "and you can have that for your cheek." Some sort of random amount off the price of something is what it usually translates to. Maybe it's some way to encourage others to be moderately more generous?:confused: Not really in touch with any of the old ways. I have abused Paypal *gift* for a few purchases on here though.

8. JD

JD Donator

In which way do you mean Ed ?

9. surrey shooter

surrey shooter Donator

Diva you are a funny old goat.

10. larryking28

larryking28 Busy Member

PayPal/eBay are modern day crooks.
    I lost £15 out of my bank account which apparently went to eBay,they claimed to know nothing about it and referred me to PayPal.
    They knew nothing about it and referred me back to eBay.
    There was a transaction number but neither claim it has anything to do with them but my bank says otherwise and it is still ongoing now.
    I wonder how many other people loose an odd few £s to them here and there and don't notice,quite a few I imagine.
    Most annoying part is I had used both for nearly 14years and neither institution seems to really care that somehow they have taken £15 of my money and can't explain why.

11. JD

JD Donator

That certainly puts a different slant on it.

Hackers who take a little from alot of users ?

12. edtwozeronine

edtwozeronine Donator

Gifts are meant for money owed to friends and famiy or charity donations, hence no fees like if you bought something from a retailer. I used them to buy some guns to avoid fees since it's not an official service when you buy kit off someone here. It's more of a 'you trust them to send you kit in good order if you pay the dollar' sort of situation. Of course I check feedback before hand and wouldn't personally deal with anyone if they had no feedback.

13. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

You're only covered for accessories on PayPal anyway. Any dispute over payment for a rifle would be a definite loss as it's against the terms and conditions.
    Regards,Stu.

14. edtwozeronine

edtwozeronine Donator

Wow, that sounds bad! You might want to change your Paypal and eBay passwords since this "Heart Bleed" situation. Google it for more information. I've never had anything but fees deducted from my Paypal account for stuff I've sold on eBay.

15. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

That is why I wont pay by Paypal, I wont use any kind of electronic payment system, I don't mean to offend anyone here, but if anybody thinks that the internet is safe for paying over your hard earned, I would suggest they think again, there are scumbags out there that make it their lifes work to break into these systems, and I aint clever enough to know what's going on when it is going on, so I defeat the scumbags by not using Paypal and the like.

16. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

i too find all, the tinterwebby payment stuff a tad dodgy,i do use it tho,....tho "touchwood", ive never been skanked :rolleyes:.......yet

17. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Well just so you don't feel left out, could you send your account numbers and passwords to mustdoarobin@nigeriaandfederal.net We will do all we can to provide you with all the financial relief we can muster.

18. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

i sent them, all, my bank account details, card number n/i number ,date of birth ,an everything,...cos im nice like that :loco::rofl:gawd bless em

19. rellum

rellum Keyboard Hero

:) I,m in Germany & wont be back till Sunday afternoon I saw a rifle on here last night that I,v been after second-hand/used for quite a while localish to us I pm,d the seller Then paid him via paypal My Dad collected it face to face from the guys work this morning & the seller also threw in a full tin of pellets and a brand new gunbag my Dad said he was a top bloke so thanks mate if you are reading this gotta be some trust in this World there are still some good honest folk about and a lot of them are members on here:up:

20. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Of course there are, I strongly, some would say naively believe that the vast majority of people are decent and honest folk, to believe anything else would make life very miserable indeed. My problem isn't with the people who are buying and selling, my problem is large companies having access to my financial information, and scallywags taking advantage of that. I much prefer my transactions be as simple as possible. I have just discovered that bank transfer is easy enough, and simple!:) I am an old dinosaur, and I'm afraid I have an inbuilt distrust of services like Paypal. It seems to me that time was we once trusted each other a lot more than we do these days, "my word is my bond" that sort of thing. with the advent of electronic gizmotology, and an unending stream of clever b*****s only too willing to exploit people like me, the best thing people like me can do is not give them a fecking chance. Hence, I avoid Paypal and others of their ilk.

I think that when dealing with the vast majority of members of this forum, the chances of getting done over like a kipper are a bit slim, so I am happy to take my fellow forum members on trust.

I apologise if all the foregoing reads like the jabberings of a paranoid old fart, but it's the way I feel. I might be a bit embarrassed by this post in the morning, as I have had to take a bit extra medication tonight, please be kind to me if it's all a bit weird?