1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question carrying air pistol legality

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by jimmyhackers, Jul 11, 2014.

1. jimmyhackers

jimmyhackers Well-Known Member

once again i figure a pretty newb questions here, so bear with me please.

i transport my airpistol and pellets in a small cheap plastic case and always keep it in my boot but i worry this isnt enough.

does the case need a padlock/keyed locking mechanism?

does the case need to be metal/more durable/or a specific gun case?

is it ok to store pellets and your gun in the same case or do they need to be in seperate containers?

i have a homemade pellet target trap (breadbin+spoons) which i take along with my gun all the time, is plinking a valid reason to have an airgun and would said trap proove so?

is there a limit on the amount of pellets you can have on you at one time?

thanks in advance
    jim

2. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

Informal target sports is a perfectly valid reason to have your airgun with you. The police need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you don't have a valid reason to have your gun with you.
    If you say you are off shooting and you have permission somewhere that's enough.
    No limit on pellets number of guns etc.
    Cheers Andy

3. edtwozeronine

edtwozeronine Donator

It's all gravy unless you start to wave it around in a public place in a threatening manner.

4. simonc_here

simonc_here Engaging Member

Although having it in the back of the car when you are at Tescos is going to be a bit tricky to explain.

5. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Stopped for emergency chocolate supplies while heading to the range ;)

6. Tazz

Tazz Engaging Member

Not half as tricky as having it stuffed in your waistband at the cash till.:D

7. tintin

tintin Engaging Member

I read somewhere that 8grams of pellets is possession, anything over that you are treated as a dealer:D

8. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

9. spily

spily Member

No , it is not, as long as you are going to or from your place of shooting.

10. simonc_here

I'm sorry, I don't happen to have a permission to shoot in Tescos. There is a distinct lack of rabbits and the only birds I normally find there are chickens.

It's not going to or from your place of shooting, and anywhere you happen to go past on the way and want to stop at. It's so you can go to where you shoot and back again.

At the end of the day its the person with the gun talking to the police who has to justify that they have a reason to have the gun in a public place, and yes, your car is a public place as defined by law.
    Which would be easier?
    Yes officer stopping me on a country road, I'm just going to that field just over there, here is my permission slip.
    OR
    Yes officer having a look in my boot in Tesco's carpark, Oh, I was just on my way to a field no where around here, honest gov.

11. spily

spily Member

Well who said anything about shooting in Tesco's...............................:)

12. simonc_here

Well if you are not shooting in Tescos' then you are not going to or from your place of shooting.

13. spily

spily Member

Well I cannot decide whether you are trying to be humorous or sarcastic.

14. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

If you are doing you weekly shop then for sure you should have removed the gun.

But if you are on route shooting and need fuel or pack up its perfectly reasonable to stop somewhere.
    What if you are driving a long distance to a shooting competition.?
    Or if you use guns at work at some point you will have to go to a garage, DIY store, chip shop etc and you can't take your guns home so you lock them in the boot.
    If you have been shooting pigeons in the afternoon and are rabbiting in the evening it's reasonable to go to Tesco to get some tea.
    The police need to prove you don't have a valid reason to have the gun with you beyond reasonable doubt.
    Cheers Andy

15. Alex.B

Alex.B Keyboard Hero

Can I just ask , how would are boys in blue know you had them in the car :confused:.
    If I take mine for a ride they are in the back under the parcel shelf for no-one to see , its not as if you would leave 2 k on full view is it ?

16. droid

droid Posting Addict

If it is in a case I can't see the issue whether it is in the boot or being carried around.

I am not aware that carrying a cased pistol is an offence. Not everyone drives to and from where they shoot.

Out of the case yes.

17. mattyts

mattyts Donator

If you had it wrapped in a tea towel,stashed in the glove box then you're just asking for trouble but have it in the boot or back seat in a locked pistol case,I don't see a problem.

18. Trouserferret

Trouserferret Donator

I wear mine on a shoulder holster and flash it to cashiers/police, kinda Kenneth Williams.

They really like it, there's a siren goes off when someone is really impressed with it.

Edit: The above post should be taken with a pinch of salt, and in no way should you draw a weapon at another human being. The cops have bigger guns than you.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  19. mattyts

mattyts Donator

The siren is a rating,the louder it is,the more they like it,I once maxed it out with two Hw45s

20. Trouserferret

Trouserferret Donator

That would explain why the bookies liked my buddy's Desert Eagle so much then! :D