1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Career completed!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Tinbum, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

Further to the work in progress Career 707 thread, I think I've finished! For now.........:)

I bought it cheap as an early mk2 with severe low power problems last week. It was running at 3fpe with a very stiff graunchy lever action, it is now at 11.5fpe, very consistent, unknown shot count, but very high! And it cocks with an effortless, silent, smooth action.

Work done:

Exhaust valve spring reduced in length
    Hammer spring reduced in length
    Steel hammer replaced with custom delrin hammer
    Factory 1mm transfer port replaced with custom 3.2mm transfer port
    Under Lever drilled and fitted with nylon bearings for axis pin
    Lever upper parts shaped and smoothed for quieter, movement free operation
    Pellet shuttle action reshaped and polished for smoother operation
    Receiver block ground, filed and polished on all contact faces
    Scope rail and fast fill removed and sling fitted

It really is a different gun altogether now. Before it was a 100fpe super gun with the heavy springs, hammers etc needed to achieve this strangled with a tiny TP, now its a ground up 12fpe rifle. There's no provision for fitting a moderator, but it uses such a tiny puff of wind its not at all loud and reminds me of my Parker Hale Dragon.

Cost of parts is somewhere in the region of £1.32, but I must have spent over 20 hours on it trying different configurations. Still, its all been worth it and its a bargain to me!:D

2. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Beautiful!

3. Trouserferret

Trouserferret Donator

Good on ya, Nick!

These are my guilty pleasure (know they're a Marmite gun, but I've always liked 'em), and I'm glad to see this one up and running. Was curious to see how it played out.

Helluva lot of work to get it to the sub 12fpe mark though, think this would be well beyond my remit...

Great job though, that's a real custom rifle. :up:

4. Tinbum

I could have had it "working" sub 12 within a couple of hours. The trick was making it good, possibly great. A bit more internal polishing and a confirmation of the shot count could achieve this.

5. oliver13

oliver13 Donator

The original ugly stick, but i like them myself.

6. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

That is lovely work there. Nice one.

7. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

Looks great , fantastic job ,I know nothing about these but for I think I read they can be very powerful I think .
    I always from being a kid watching John Wayne loved the leaver action if that's what it's called .
    My girls have fun with an old daisy 99 leaves action too.
    I for one wish I had your skill and knowledge with such things.
    Brilliant

8. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Great work there and it's stunning :up:

9. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

Nicely done and well worth the effort.

10. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Brings back memories, I bought one brand new when they first arrived on our shores, well in fact it was the .22 carbine.

I never kept a gun as short of a time, I bought it on the Friday drove up to the estate my dad was keepering on at the time to shoot some crows with a mate, he took his Mk1 rapid, after the weekend was over I traded it in on the Monday.

Looking back I should have given it more of a chance but the webley axsor that replaced it did not disappoint as I more or less cleared the rookery the following week, doing everything the Rapid did.

But I remember being told these Career guns were in fact designed to shoot pest monkeys, so they probably shine far more on Ticket, I would love to try a 70-80 ft/ibs version.

But you sound to have it running really sweetly at 11.5 just ticking over, but what is the power curve like as mine was terrible on the carbine, I should imagine the full length gun has a far longer curve and wave of usuable shots, also what pellets do you rate through it?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  11. Tinbum

Lol. I was given one to try by a gun shop in Sittingbourne when they first came in mid/late 90's. Its stock was even more orange than this one, the scope alignment was atrocious and its accuracy was utter pants! I hated the "comedy" magazine that throws all your pellets into the long grass and my report was pretty poor. (This was before I owned a chrono or fully understood the importance of a PX scope.)

In its standard guise its horribly inefficient. It's trying to squeeze 80ft/lb worth of air through a 1mm hole, so it's never going to give good consistency, and the wasted air makes the curve look more like The Matterhorn. I'm taking it to the club Sunday, so I hope to get some concrete answers before I get bored of it.

12. Barni

Barni Donator

Now that's what it's all about :up:
    Good job well done :)