1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Can't quite zero

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by jonno, Apr 11, 2009.

1. jonno

jonno Member

Hi Guys, have been looking to get into some light target practice for a while now, bought a very clean 2nd hand Gamo CFX fitted with a Nikko Stirling Platinum 3-9x40. Have quite easily zero'd the scope in at about 30 yards for elevation but it's about 1.5 inches to the right of where I'm aiming and the adjustment on the Left to Right is fully used up now. On the plus side I've got a grouping of 5 all within a 50 pence piece, any ideas where am I going wrong :confused:

2. Guvnor RBM

Guvnor RBM Keyboard Hero

Bent barrel?
    Bent scope?
    Mis alined mounts?
    Faulty Scope...

3. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Try turning the scope mounts round :up:

4. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

It's not often you get problems with left or right movement, and using a scope fully wound won't do much good either. Some cheaper scopes don't like to be turned fully to max, they tend to break. :D

5. petethebus

petethebus Engaging Member

zeroing

i had that problem mate and it turned out my barrel was slightly bent, gettin it fixed as we speak.

6. jonno

jonno Member

I don't think the barrel will be at fault, bought the gun from a reputable dealer. Will def try turning the mounts around tomorrow, if that doesn't work will give the shop a bell, thanks for the advice :up:

7. mikey

mikey Pro Poster

does the rifle have a silencer

8. jonno

jonno Member

Yeah, it kinda looks like it does but I think its more of a fancy clip for the under lever

9. mikey

mikey Pro Poster

if its definatly a silencer then there is a possibility the pellets are clipping it and sending them to the right of your zero

10. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Can you post a picture of how your scope mounted on your gun, as in the past I have seen scopes mounted wrong, ...i.e. (Turrets, RIGHT AND LEFT) ..You should have a turret (on top) for up and down for POA...... and a turret on the right...(right of the scope), for left and right for POA ...., just a thought ;):D

11. sniper09

sniper09 Engaging Member

Hi there

Take the scope of and mounts and start from scratch make sure everything is fitting snug and correctly also check your mounts at the base wee you fix them to your gun. Sometimes they split if overtightned. Re center the windage and elevation on your scope then try zeroing again if you have to wind it right domn on windage or elevation something isnt right mate elevation is easy fixed just get some old camera film and pack it up on the back mount but windage im not sure. Like the other guys said may be a faulty scope or bent barrel.

Hope this helps you mate

All the best

Chris

12. digipaint

digipaint Newbie

If all else fails, you could pack (shim) the mounts with a non compressable material that is very thin that can be added in layers. Film negatives are ideal. A little shimming goes a long way so a couple of strips is often enough to bring the zero in and leave yourself room for adjustment. Once tightened down, your shimming material shouldn't move and you're all set!

13. jonno

jonno Member

Thanks for all the help and advice I got ref, 'cant quite zero', great community on here, especially steve410's advice. Just to let you know the gun is zeroed perfectly now, swapped the mounts round, replaced the screws and set it up.... fantastic, Cheers

14. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Thank you, glad it sorted it out :cool:

15. Jimathon

Jimathon Engaging Member

Nice one! Theres nothing worse than niggling little problems like this that could potentially have dozens of reasons why they are there

16. TheDodge

TheDodge Busy Member

Try re-mounting the scope but place a piece of silver foil in the rear mount. If the point of aim is to the right you'll need to pack the left side of the mount or vice versa. The ammount you'll need is quite small and you may have to repeat the procedure i.e. If the POI moves a quarter inch with the foil folded four times then just add another four layers. The thinness of the foil will not bend the scope, it will just edge the scope into a more straight position. I use this method all the time and have my zero set at 30 yards at which I am pellet on pellet.

Hope this helps but if you're still getting problems feel free to contact me.

Regards