1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Can you buy a derringer guardian

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Briggers, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Briggers

Briggers Member

as the title says I would like to buy one of these little guns but not sure if they are legal.

does anyone know more about them ?

there so small I can't see why you would need a licence.

2. tintin

tintin Engaging Member

I was under the impression that you do not need a licence to own a replica pistol.
    If you are referring to the bullet firing pistol (black powder), I think that they are licenced although I read somewhere that real pistols were banned - could be wrong.
    If you are after the real thing, and you currently hold a relevant firearms certificate, your question should be aimed at your firearms licencing authority.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  3. husky

husky Donator

First of all what do you want An airsoft gun A real gun or An obsaleat callaber gun. First the Airsoft gun no problem I think they fall under the age restriction that requires them to be bright colors. Second the live fire gun If you stalk deer you may be alloud a two shot pistol for humain dispach A lot depends on your police force allowing you a variation on your ticket. last is the obsaleat callaber there are a few nice double barrel derringers in .41 rimfire around but they aint cheep the ones I have seen start at about £700. One last thing dont under any circomstances try and find a blank firing Derringer they went section 5 when it was discoverd that some had bean converted to live fire so dont go there.

4. Wynne G Oldman

Wynne G Oldman Engaging Member

5. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Depends on what powers it - if Powder it's on a License

Used to be made for TAC use - Tandum Air Cartridge - Which are on ticket - But Government cut off registraion in 2004

BOB/R

6. husky

husky Donator

The antique thing is ok up to a point but only if you cant get ammunition for the gun anymore for example 45 long Colt or 32 s & w or any other center fire cartridge still in production then the gun must be on ticket. If it is chamberd for a cartridge no longer made like the .41 wrimfire then you are ok. Imust ask what use you would be using this gun for the were made for last ditch defence with a short barell the acuresy was only a couple of yards and they seem to have made a nich for themselvs as a humane dispach gun but beond that they have very little use. If you just want the gun for display then there is allwase a deactavated gun with all that is involved in that prosess.

7. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

8. gedfinn

gedfinn Posting Addict

I do not think the Top venting .22 blank derringers are Illegal !
    I know they were made illegal in the USA , But I have owned a couple of " Winlee Derringers "

I saw one for sale on recently on a UK forum,
    About 16000 Italian Winlee derringers were exported to the USA a number of years ago , These are all Alloyed Aluminium , It was found they could be converted to live fire in 8 minutes, !!!!
    ( I for one would not like to be holding an Aluminium barreled 38 pistol with a live round ) These must have been very thin walled.
    These were boxed & Marked DA-1

These were banned in the USA, as I said, However most if not all were re-Barrelled ( Steel ) Using the complete existing trigger/Pistol unit, These were now sold as live firers , ( Do a search, & Very intresting too )
    As I understand it , Only FORWARD firing Blank pistols are not allowed , These are however allowed for Athletics meetings, The user being a licence owner.
    Ged.

http://www.*******.co.uk/italian-ma...norfolk/Other-guns/570018#IeKlq2TSMijttX4J.97

http://openjurist.org/443/f2d/463/u...winlee-derringer-convertible-starter-guns-lee

9. mmamonster

mmamonster Pro Poster

what happends if you come across a tac pistol ?

10. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

You put it down and back away slowly......

Do not, under any circumstances, put it in your sock drawer with dreams of the government having a change of heart!

11. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

Were you ever to find one.
    You can't get it put on fac now.

You could hand it in to an RFD or a police station, the police are advised not to take action against people handing firearms in. They are only supposed to investigate to determine the weapon was not used in a crime.
    Cheers Andy

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  12. Briggers

Briggers Member

its a small .177 which you can fire with caps. just wondered where i can get one and if this is illegal ?

where would you buy the caps as well as I can't seem to find them.

13. r10hunter

A gunshop would sell percussion caps and primers. fac / sgc would be required.

The gun would be illegal ( section 5) in the uk.
    Cheers Andy

14. husky

husky Donator

The top venting Derringer is a no no I wont go into the actual conversion but it is well within the capabilates of a compadent model enginear. I for one would run a mile if someone offred to let me shoot one. As for the cap fired .177 as said its section 5 I beleave that its called that to remind people how meany years they will get if they have one. Ok trivia time way back when tac guns were legal there apeared an advert in the airgun press for cartridges that used percushon caps to fire the pellet. The next month there was a warning that the ammunition was section 1 and anyone who had it should hand it in to the police. I sometimes wonder if this was the begining of the end for tac guns.

15. Briggers

Briggers Member

How **** is this news :-( This little .177 isn't going to do any damage and its tiny.

Wish we had the same laws as Amerrica on guns.

Thanks for the info guys.

16. r10hunter

When you talk about the gun using caps you do realise that the percussion caps these guns use are not like caps used in toy guns.
    But are these that fit over a nipple in a black powder gun to fire the main charge.
    ( next to some .22 pellets for size comparison)[​IMG]
    I think the gun would have a decent power level for an air pistol and not a toy by any means.
    Our laws are a little too strict at times maybe.
    Cheers Andy

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  17. gedfinn

gedfinn Posting Addict

I did say 16000 Winlee deringers were made & banned, ( In the USA only )
    These were never thrown away !!! They were used with steel barrels & sold as live firers ,
    They originally fired 6 mm rimfire blanks, Vented vertically with solid barrels.
    and a mechanism that cocked & fired the top barrel & cocked & fired the bottom barrel " Flawlessly "

This one from the USA has been converted to centre fire, Not very well apparently ? Ged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLi5oREzTzI

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  18. mmamonster

mmamonster Pro Poster

Was offered a pietta sherif tac2 by a bloke i didnt know, first time i met him. Glad i didnt buy it.