1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone tell me about this bsa scorpion

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Danny-boy91, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Danny-boy91

Danny-boy91 Well-Known Member

Im thinking of buying this BSA scorpion second hand from someone online. Before i did i just wanted to see if anyone on here knew anything about it.

Attached Files:

2. Danny-boy91

Ive asked the guy he dont know the mk of the rifle or the serial number, thats the only info i was really after, just dont want to get stuck with a 6 year old rifle.

3. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Looks like an early model, if you get the serial number that will tell how old it is.

What's the price??

4. Danny-boy91

Yh he reckons he doesnt know where to find it?? Cant be too difficult. 375 but thats with all the kit including pump.

5. Stevie Darling

That's no bad price all in!

Can you try before you buy, and also to gauge the condition and check if its legal.

6. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned

Also, check if the trigger seems to be working nice and slick. I had one of these, and a very small pin use to slide across inside the trigger assembly every now and then, and when it did, it had the effect of making the trigger very stiff. Simple enough fix, just remove from stock and push back through. I probably should have looked at a more permanent fix. Nice gun otherwise, and very accurate. I use to sling 'Bis Magnums' through my old girl. Good luck. Defo worth having a further look at. KB1

7. 1961nuffield

1961nuffield Honorary Member

Nice rifle, just a big ultra really, the serial number should be easy to find. The price seems ok as well.

John

8. Danny-boy91

Cheerd for the feedback. Yh i can try before i buy so ill definitely check the trigger and gauge. Hes also told me the bottle he has is out of date, whats the process with that?

9. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Take it to a diving center and have it re-tested

10. 1961nuffield

1961nuffield Honorary Member

Retesting should be easy enough and cheap, 300bar is better than 232bar as you get more fills. Carbon fibre bottles have a limited life, steel go on for ever.....

John

11. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

What is wrong with having a 6 year old gun if it is in good condition and working properly? Some of my guns are over 36 years old! Still work properly!
    I have a Rapid Mark 1, a Webley Venom Sidewinder, a BSA Super Ten, Theoben Sirocco, BSA Super Meteor (mark 4), HW90, HW77, Crosman 1322 medallist, 1377 Classic, all of which are over 6 years old, but all still look great and work well!

12. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Cracking rifle is the scorpion..I have a 2013 vintage..and it's pellet on pellet, as above have a try and don't forget to barter well..cash is king !!

13. Danny-boy91

I wasnt saying theres anything wrong with having a 6 year old gun. I was just worried about it being mistreated not necessarily the age.

14. Stevie Darling

Give it a good once over and put some pellets through it before you part with your cash.

And if you feel flush you can always give it a wee tune up and a service.

Xtxair.co.uk:)

15. brt101

brt101 Busy Member

Is it single or 10 shot?

16. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Looks like an early one. IMO the price of £375 ranges from reasonable (if the pump's a good one, the rifle's 10-shot and fault-free) to far too much (if the pump's a cheapie, the gun is single shot and / or has issues).

From my limited knowledge of the Scorpion, you'll probably want to check the following:

- Function of mag and mag actuation system (if present): old style mags can skip chambers and generally be unreliable; check that it will properly and repeatably fire all 10 shots from the mag. The actuation system is tied in with the trigger :)() and can apparently suffer problems - well worth a google.

- Check that it holds air: apparently the exhaust valves can suffer problems and deform causing leaks. Be very suspicious if it's empty when you view.

- Check that the muzzle energy is correct: again due to possible issues with the exhaust valve causing low output.

- Check the general condition of the rifle - dents, scratches corrosion etc will devalue it.

In addition you probably want to discount any value the bottle might have in your head - a good one out of test is worth next to nothing ( £20-30 maybe) while a bad one out of test is worth almost less than nothing. Do some homework on bottle pressures, materials and valve types ;)

It's a BSA - you're lucky if they work when new :D

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  17. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

I got my first ever BSA last week and this made me chuckle....

18. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Whaddya Mean? My Super 10 performed flawlessy from new, ok the wife's Scorpion SE did not, the Ultra I had did too (but I hated MMC so much it went back after three weeks)!

19. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

One in three failure rate sounds about right :up: :p

Just out of interest, how old is your S10, and have you ever had any issues with the reg / had it resealed?

20. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Why did BSA give two guns the same name? Every time I see a thread like this I click on it thinking its about the pistol I loved many years ago