1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Camo Wrap

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Adam_harv, Jan 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Adam_harv

Adam_harv Member

Hi,
    Was wondering if anyone has experience using camo wrap tape, the cloth one that sticks to itself? I've got myself a black synthetic rifle and think snow camo would complement really nicely. It would make the cheek rest feel more comfortable for me too I think. Anyone got any pictures of their wrapped rifles and any advice? I'm new to airguns and this is my first piece of kit! Thanks

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  2. jonnyuk

jonnyuk Posting Addict

I haven't wrapped my rifle but I've wrapped my moderator to protect it from knocks.

It's pretty cool stuff. I cut small lengths, stretched it and it just clings to itself. Easy to remove and replace.

Cheers,
    Jonny

Jonny86, Gary Jones and Adam_harv like this.
  3. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark I see light at the end of the tunnel!

I often wonder what it would have been like if Egyptians wrapped mummies in camo tape!

PhatMan and Adam_harv like this.
  4. rabbitwrecker

rabbitwrecker Black Latex Matters...

:welcome:

I'd be wary of using any kind of wrap on metal components - any trapped moisture will surely lead to rust...

Regal Man, Rat reaper and TORNADOS7 like this.
  5. Chandelier man

Chandelier man Very Active

I have used a couple of different ones,One was like a crepe slightly tacky bandage that sort of stuck to itself and was reusable and the other one is more like the reinforced gaffs tape,The crepe stuff works better on rounded parts

Gary Jones likes this.
  6. Adam_harv

Adam_harv Member

Good thing to bear in mind, how would you reckon I could go about making sure all metal is as dry as possible?

7. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

:welcome:

I'd be very wary of any kind of anything that might give yer rifle a more "military" appearance as it'll soon get you labelled as a bloodthirsty psychopath by the uneducated public...

rabbitwrecker likes this.
  8. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

I'd avoid using on a blued finish. You need to be able to maintain the metalwork.

On a parkerised / anodised finish, no issues
    This is the stretchy stuff that only adheres to itself. PLenty of colours / patterns but I removed it all in the end.
    leshiy 2412.jpg

Gary Jones likes this.
  9. Adam_harv

Adam_harv Member

Wouldnt want to scare anyone now would I :laff:

charlie351 and TORNADOS7 like this.
  10. Adam_harv

Adam_harv Member

Looks good! Excuse me being a newbie to all this but how can I tell the difference in finish?

11. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

Do you mean pattern or the type of material ?

If you mean the type of material, it will be clearly stated in the ad that it only sticks to itself and is non marking

Ebay is your friend

12. Adam_harv

Adam_harv Member

I mean on the metalwork, is there an easy way to tell if it's a blued finish or anodized or anything else? Or a consult the manual job?

13. Rattymcrattyface

Rattymcrattyface hurrr duurrrr

I use this self sticky stuff for the end of my moderator only. It needs removing after a while as it gets tacky undetneath and leaves a sticky residue and the tape feels "soggy" for want of a better word. No problem really as quick to apply and buy in packs of several at a time off crapbay. Not sure i would want to rest my cheek on it. Maybe when its fresh yes, but i have found it does alter state. :thumb:

14. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

Blued metal will look shiny (in general).
    An anodised / parkerised finish will look matt and sort of grainy

15. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

Warmer than the cold tube of the Leshiy in winter

16. Rattymcrattyface

And a face like a cardiff hooker from the slicky slime.:p:D

charlie351, WR14210 and rabbitwrecker like this.
  17. rabbitwrecker

I honestly wouldn't risk it. Even if you apply the wrap in bone-dry conditions, the moment you introduce moisture into the equation you're looking at trouble. They don’t call water the universal solvent for nothing - sooner or later it will find a way. I've seen guns that have been wrapped and I can assure you, the aftermath isn't pretty. Blued steel should be cared for, not covered...

18. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

No residue at all from that gear

19. Rattymcrattyface

Great.

20. rabbitwrecker

Never encountered one of those - got any pictures?... :D

Rattymcrattyface likes this.