1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question Buying a rifle from europe.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by hamster assasin, Jun 5, 2015.

1. hamster assasin

hamster assasin Member

Can anybody advise on how to go about buying an air rifle to be delivered to your door from a European country please.

2. bhodge

bhodge Posting Addict

from Holland, try DB Schietsport NL. These people are very easy to deal with, I'd suggest that you email them and tell them what you're after, it really is that easy.
    Also in Holland there's Krale Schietsport, in Germany try Sportswaffen-Schneider. I've not dealt with the last two, many people have and haven't had any problems.
    Hope this is of help.

3. Dag

Dag Pro Poster

I'm probably going to order a new HW99 from DB etc as it will save me approx £50 compared with buying one from a UK dealer. I know there are the issues of not being a Hull Cartridge rifle but we are only talking about a £160 rifle not a fortune to worry about.
    All I would add to bhodge's comments is the fact that rifles from the German supplier will come with a 6ftlb spring fitted to comply with their laws, although I understand they do include a spring to allow you to change to raise to sub 12ftlb.
    Perhaps those who have bought from either supplier could confirm this?
    hth
    Dag

4. Lydford

Lydford Posting Addict

The Dutch company are very good and the HW50s comes with a proper spring. Mine is putting out 10.35 fpe with Exacts. The cheaper price made it cost effective to have the barrel shortened and threaded(UK Neil) and a tinbum kit added for virtually the same price as a UK supplied rifle. It took three days to arrive by carrier!

Extremely accurate, low recoil and keeps me sharp and disciplined with follow through for PCP shooting! :D

5. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

You go to the website and order what you want, making sure to tell them (several times) that it must comply with UK law and be less than 12 ftlbf muzzle energy ( 6 for a pistol). You will need to supply proof of age which will be a scan of your passport (or driving licence). The cheapest way to pay is to use Transferwise, you sign up with them and tell them how much you want to send and pay them and then they transfer the money to the dealer. They will probably take a few pound extra in case the exchange rate varies while the transaction is taking place and they refund it a couple of days later.
    There will be an option on the site for payment means and they will probably have some numbers for this type of banking.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  6. Ouch!

Ouch! Donator

It's easy I just ordered a new HW50s from DB and previously a CZ200 colour from Euroshooting in the Czech Republic. I used transferwise for my CZ but just used paypal this time with the HW50 because it was pretty convenient. I'm waiting for delivery by DPD at the moment.

Go on take the plunge!

Ouch!

7. Blackmax

Blackmax Forum Rude Guy

8. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

9. Dag

Dag Pro Poster

Just had an email from Db to say the next delivery of .22 HW50's is in four weeks and they are out of stock. Have reserved one and will shorten barrel before fitting a silencer and a drop in kit.
    Dag

10. BSAAIRSPORTER

BSAAIRSPORTER Active Member

HW50'S FROM DB

Just had the same e mail...what I don't get is why they can deliver direct to your home in the uk with no problem..yet most guns advertised in the UK have to be delivered to a RFD..at an extra cost....It's a total crock of crap all this red tape and nonsense...

They are a lot cheaper as well in europe....

11. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

For payment the banks, credit card companies (mostly) and Paypal will sting you over the exchange rate, it may be easier to do it this way but it will eat into your savings and sometimes by quite a lot. Transferwise is the cheapest way to do it, login here (set up a free account first) and see the actual cost at the exchange rate at the moment https://transferwise.com/login

12. 3rdAge

3rdAge Active Member

As the others have said it is easy. Just open an account with the dealer you want to buy from. Most will want you to provide proof that you are over 18. A scan of your passport or driving licence will do.
    You will usually receive the item within 3 days.

13. Ouch!

Ouch! Donator

Oh, I must have got the last one of the batch!

14. audi swift

audi swift Man up & pull the bloody trigger.... HFT 101.

Live in Stoke On Trent. But i visit Bromsgrove.
    I got my steyr from the EU. because the UK prices are a bit of a rip off saying it nice.
    I understand that some UK RFD's can not lower there prices due to the powers that be control them & there set price plans ( i could be wrong so do not quote me on this one) .

but if the uk sellers had cheaper prices what are all most inline with the EU, then I would be more then happy to get it local to me.
    also I get my pellets from aboard now. plus my scope & everything is with me with in a week !, the rifle was 10 working days..... .

15. katluke

katluke Donator

Guns from the EU are cheaper and delivered direct to your door whats not to like ? They cant be posted to your door in the UK because of the VCR act,always wonder if the GTA/AMTA where responsible for this act ? If so they certainly done themselves no good with it .

16. 32:1

32:1 Theoben user

Just looking into buying a cometa pcp from spain, its just over half price of the uk version

just making sure the power will be set to 16j

also tried to buy a cz200 from euroshooting but they got told they cant sell to the uk, can guess who buy. Might have this sorted by euro sending to my friend in Belgium, and me bringing it back when I visit him

17. BSAAIRSPORTER

BSAAIRSPORTER Active Member

I have been looking at gun sales in spain myself...but some of the postage / delivery times where a bit lengthy...10 -15days..make sure you read the small print as well on delivery ..some state they are not held responsible should parcel go astray !!...I would insist it's got to be insured before I parted with any cash....Is the Cometa a multishot version ? ...Which company have you been looking at buying from...Cheers.
    EXSPRINGER

18. katluke

katluke Donator

Strange how they cant sell you the CZ as we are all in the EU,sounds like another ploy to keep us paying higher prices for UK sourced guns. If this is the case they are certainly miffed at the cheaper guns coming in from the EU.

19. Ouch!

Ouch! Donator

Unboxing my New HW99s from DB Schietsport

[​IMG]
    Came home to find a present

[​IMG]
    Really well packed

[​IMG]
    Oooh Toys!

[​IMG]
    Unwrappage

[​IMG]