1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Bushnell legend scope repair/spares

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by ovy4213, Sep 13, 2014.

1. ovy4213

ovy4213 Pro Poster

I love my bushnell legend scope, its the 5-15x42 AO mildot model. Amazing scope and suits my eye so well, but the little plastic bits you grip on the adjustment turrets have snapped off one turret, and have split on the other, just from age and use I guess.
    does anyone know where I could get the replacement parts from? Must only be pennies worth of parts.
    Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  2. JD

JD Donator

Have you still got the little screws that held the plastic adjusters on Ovy ?

3. ovy4213

ovy4213 Pro Poster

I do, its the only way I can adjust the scope now, by using my fingernails on the screw tips.

4. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Try bushnel my mate returnd a simmons wtc other month only to find out bushnel have taken over them and was given a new bushnel ultra HD which he was all too kind to show us onbunny blatters perm seems bushnel stand by there life time warrenty wortha try

5. sharpsman

sharpsman Pro Poster

I got mine by phoning Chloe at Edgar Bros and she sent me a couple out in the post.

6. greyskull

greyskull Posting Addict

Hi Ovy,
    Just wondering if you have had any luck with contact details regarding these little adjusters, I am also in the same boat with my Legend scope but not sure who to contact.
    As you say probably a few pennies worth:)
    I realise you are further up the country now, but just a heads up for any one, there is a Gunshop in Fetcham, Surrey, that had 3 of these scopes on the shelf @ £125 each a few weeks ago.
    Just thought it worth a mention ;).
    Atb Nev.

7. ovy4213

ovy4213 Pro Poster

Hey Nev
    I received a reply from bushnell uk, asking me to post the scope to them they will post it to Germany for repairs. Sooo I'm trying to see if they will just post me out the bits, as I'll be paying £10-15 to post the b****r for 5p worth of plastic to be screwed onto it.
    i'll keep you updated if I get anywhere.

8. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

I really like these scopes good quality and not heavy i really wish they would release the same scope but with milldots true at 10x mag as i preffer 177.
    I assume they suite .22 well with the wider milldot spacing?

9. ovy4213

ovy4213 Pro Poster

I would assume so, however I use mine on my .177 parker hale phoenix and the mildots actually suit the calibre, once I got used to its aim points ofcourse.
    nice thick clear reticle, just what I prefer, and very clear glass, one of the best quality vs price scopes around IMHO.

10. greyskull

greyskull Posting Addict

Hi Ovy,
    Thanks for the reply, Bushnell uk certainly know the long winded way of doing things:facepalm: and more expensive too!
    Hopefully they can get the parts sent over instead.
    Look forward to hearing back from you.
    atb Nev:up:

11. ovy4213

ovy4213 Pro Poster

A month later and I have good news!
    Received this reply the other day
    View attachment 105311
    So basically after asking if they can just post the parts to me instead of me posting my scope to Germany, the seeing them the scopes serial numbers etc, and finally providing pictures of the broken parts so they knew what part I was talking about they have posted them out to me FOC.
    So overall a pretty slow response, but still excellent customer service from bushnell so would still highly rate there customer service team :up:

12. greyskull

greyskull Posting Addict

Hi Ovy,
    Did not realise Bushnell perfomance optics were right on my doorstep in Chessington.
    I am going to ring them and see wether they got more than one pair in for you, or wether they may have some more I can purchase off them.
    Atb Nev.

13. ovy4213

ovy4213 Pro Poster

Hopefully they will have more than 1 pair in, because as you can see my pair was shipped from Germany!
    However as to paying for them I got my pair for free as the damage was due to manufacturers defect/use not misuse or messing about with the scope, so hopefully you should get yours for free as they stick to there life time warranties with the scopes :up:

14. ovy4213

ovy4213 Pro Poster

15. greyskull

greyskull Posting Addict

Looks good to me,roll on Monday to make my phone call :D
    Atb Nev,

16. Loki

Loki Engaging Member

Hi Fellahs

Same happened to mine - small screws really hurt trying to use them to adjust elevation - any chance a kind gent would post up the address/telephone details for Bushnell please?

Cheers
    L

17. ovy4213

ovy4213 Pro Poster

The email address I originally contacted was sales@bushnell-uk.co.uk
    From there a rep got back to me and my case was assigned to her from then onwards, not sure if there is only the 1 rep so you may deal with the same person I did or you may get someone different. :up:

18. Loki

Loki Engaging Member

Hi ovy4213

Thanks for your reply - will get on to it.

Cheers,
    L