1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Bsa Ultra

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Peter John Boyse, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Peter John Boyse

Peter John Boyse Busy Member

Gentlemen,

Please, no name calling or suggestions that I’m a complete Berk!!

I have now purchased my brand new Ultra SE (Black Pepper Stock) and now I need some advice! Bear in mind, I purchased this rifle knowing full well what I was buying and sending it back to BSA is not an option. However, the gun is still subject to the full two year warranty for breakdown and repair.

The gun was heavily discounted as there is a small mark in the laminate stock (Picture Below), which I can live with but would rather not.

As I’ve just said, I got the gun for a very reasonable price and being a bit of a tight wad, I thought I might be able to do something with it, to either repair or cover the offending mark.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear as easy or as straightforward as I thought.

Has anybody got any ideas what I might do? or know anybody that might be able to make this mark disappear, other than perhaps covering the offending mark with a small transfer or something similar.

I really didn’t want to attempt a repair myself, as there is a good chance I could make it worse.

If you look and the photo below, this is not a surface scratch but more a blemish that is underneath the lacquer and less than 12mm in length but it’s bugging me (didn’t think it would but it does).

Anyway pearls of wisdom, ideas gratefully received. I don’t even mind a bit of verbal abuse if you so wish.

P.S. I keeping the gun regardless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rm29 and eddytom2 like this.
  2. Tim_B

Tim_B Pro Poster

No idea.... @nath92 will be along....

3. nath92

nath92 Donator

Refinish and touch up during process mate

4. Peter John Boyse

Nath,

Not confident enough to have a go. Is it something you could do? Some say your a bit of a stock god.

5. nath92

nath92 Donator

Easily mate no worries

metalman, Rm29 and allanthomas66 like this.
  6. Peter John Boyse

Nath,

Thank you.

I guess your busy with real jobs instead of p*****g round with pitiful jobs like mine.

Anyway if you could let me know when / cost, delivery address etc. I will get the stock boxed up and posted to you.

Pete

7. nath92

nath92 Donator

Every job is equally serious mate PM inbound
    Nath

Tadpole, Calibre, Rm29 and 2 others like this.
  8. Mike Watkins

Mike Watkins Woodgate Mike.

Hope you enjoy the Ultra Peter, it’s a fantastic rifle and I wouldn’t part with mine for anything! Good luck with the stock, cheers matey.

9. Marky-Boy

Marky-Boy Just The One + 1

IMG_3506.jpg
    Really!

littleJon365 likes this.
  10. Mike Watkins

Mike Watkins Woodgate Mike.

"You cannot be serious".

[John McEnroe, Wimbledon, 1981]

11. robs5230

robs5230 леший

Underneath the laquer, I'd leave it

trumpetier and Marky-Boy like this.
  12. Peter John Boyse

Thanks Mike,

The stock is off to Nath. Hopefully he will be able to sort it.

13. Marky-Boy

100%

[Bob Bunting, Jamaica, 1866]

Mike Watkins likes this.
  14. Peter John Boyse

Sorry Robs5230,

Suffering from a bout of OCD

Can’t leave it...... it’s bit like having a scratch on yer brand no motor!

robs5230 likes this.
  15. Marky-Boy

Agree its Part of it not really a fault more like a beautiful imperfection making it more individual

TR158 and robs5230 like this.
  16. robs5230

robs5230 леший

View it as a reminder you got such a bargain :thumb:

You risk wiping out some of your discount with a refinish. Unless the discount was huge, you may end up paying what a new one would have been.

Your warranty will cover any structural issues with the stock. You'll lose that if you refinish it.

trumpetier likes this.
  17. Peter John Boyse

A very fair point.

Unfortunately, the stock mark is the first thing in eyesight and it is rattling my cage.

As I said before.... OCD REALLY IS A PAIN!

18. TR158

TR158 Posting Addict

You make a valid point Marky-Boy... I'm off yo drop my Nath finished walnut R10-SE from the first floor window, action n all. That should create quite an imperfection :thumb:

19. nath92

nath92 Donator

I'll refinish to factory spec minus your white fleck shouldn't cause issue with warranty as it shouldn't be obvious it's been refinished

Howlin Wolf likes this.
  20. Peter John Boyse

Thanks Nath,

That’s comforting to know

Should be with you tomorrow.