1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Bsa Ultra Se - Regulated - 0.22

Discussion in 'Sales Graveyard' started by David Winkley, Aug 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. David Winkley

David Winkley Engaging Member

***** Sold *****
    Hi all,

I have just bought myself an FX Crown on the understanding (from my wife) that I sell some of my other guns....... Here goes number 2....

I have a BSA Ultra with a synthetic stock which is superbly accurate and a pleasure to shoot. It is in good condition and has been regulated and the valve and hammer tuned which gives superb shot to shot consistency. I think the work was done by Rob Lane (or it could have been TR Robb, I can't remember) as it was done by the previous owner...... It is fitted with a 2.5-10 x 40 scope which has side focus and a 30mm tube which gives a superbly bright image. It has a full length carbon fibre barrel shroud and silencer which makes it whisper quiet, as well as being very light.

It comes with superb waterproof Nuprol hard gun case , bipod, charging probe, one magazine and some pellets. Everything ready to shoot, I will even charge it if it is collected.

20200804_131641.jpg

20200805_143140.jpg

20200804_143340.jpg

20200804_143236.jpg 20200804_143538.jpg

I live near Wincanton in Somerset and have a smallholding so we could meet out doors and try it out before committing.

I am looking for £700 for the gun all in
    I am reluctant to sell her as her action is faultless which is a pleasure to shoot but that was the agreement when I bought my new Crown Continuum.

I am also advertising another regulated FX Wildcat separately

Thanks for looking.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    Phil Spectre likes this.
  2. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Approved - please ensure you follow the sales rules; especially the key points below.

Sales Rules - Important Information

Sellers

- Please ensure that your item is available for sale only on Airgun Forum.
    - Be sure to check for activity at least once every 24 hours. It's best to click on 'Watch Thread' to be automatically alerted to any new posts. :up:
    - First refusal at the asking / agreed price must go to the first member who commits to buy on the thread by posting "I'll take it" or similar. This takes precident over anything otherwise agreed by PM.
    - Please keep threads updated with progress and please state "sold" when the transaction is complete so that the thread can be moved to the Sales Graveyard.

Buyers
    - If you wish to buy the item state this on the thread - first to say they will have the item in the sales thread gets the item at the advertised or agreed price.

Failure to follow these rules will result in temporary or permanent exclusion from the sales section or entire forum.

Thank you for your cooperation and good luck with the sale :)

3. David Winkley

Price reduced £650

4. leslie3673

leslie3673 Engaging Member

Hi -i would be interested if you can do a better price ? :rolleyes: - also is it my poor eyesight or is the bolt on the left hand side ? ( i do need new glasses ) ta, Les.

5. David Winkley

Hi Les

The bolt is on the left but i really like the way it cocks using my left hand and keeping my right hand on the grip and trigger. This can also be changed quite simply if you want to.

I was originally hoping to recover what I paid for her (£700 without the hard case) and noting you are in scotland, would go to £600 plus postage.

Thanks for looking

6. leslie3673

leslie3673 Engaging Member

How much without the scope then ? - thanks.

7. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD Engaging Member

Hi. Has it been chrono'd? How many shots/usable per fill? Cant quite make out and dont know much about bipods, but what make and is it tilt/ swivel?
    Thanks

8. David Winkley

The scope is only worth about £50. Most of the value is in the sweet, consistent, quiet, light action which is over £400 of extras over the new price of the
    Hi. Yes it has been chrono'd when it was set up and had the regulator fitted. I can check it for you and send the results as have an FX chronograph.

The bipod currently fitted is very solid and has height adjustment. It is more rigid and positive than the swivel ones.

I think you get about 70 very consistant shots per fill.

The loudest thing on the gun is the hammer and the loudest thing shooting her is the pellet hitting the target.....lol

fishy-steve likes this.
  9. HAMMERHEAD

Thats great, thnx buddy.
    Just noticed your also selling the mmc.... in your honest opinion which do you think is the better (subjective i know)..its my first pcp as only ever had springers in past and just getting back into it.. i want it for garden target/plinking and the occasional pest control upto around 30-35yds max.
    Thnx again buddy.

10. David Winkley

Hi Hammerhead,

The MMC was the first magazine airgun I owned, bought by my wife for me as a birthday pressy. I bought the SE already regged and tuned, as it appears in the add and have done nothing to it other than shoot it occasionally. The MMC works has been done by me with all the stuff that the SE has with the addition of the fill port pressure gauge which the SE does not have. I get 80 shots out of the MMC which has a Huma regulator and between 60 and 70 from the SE. Fill pressure on the SE is 232 bar and 200 on the MMC.

Both guns will create a one hole group at 30 yards and are a pleasure to shoot. I zero at 28.5.

I noticed you are in the south west. I am in Somerset, near Wincanton. I also have a bottle and charger kit which is redundant so, if you want, you can come and shoot them both and choose. The bottle is a 12ltr 232 bar A clamp with charging hose which I will let you have for £100. If you collect, the gun and bottle will be full as I have my own compressor. If I post the gun it has to be empty and posting the bottle is not an option because of the weight.

Tadpole likes this.
  11. HAMMERHEAD

Hi Dave, plenty of info for me there to have a quick mull over, exactly the type of details i was after.
    After the advice I think maybe the MMC would be more desirable by me.
    Im gona have a think about it and work out the maths (plus travelling expenses etc). Not sure why my location is set at south west (maybe i need to change it somehow), but altho it is basicaly classed as the south west it is mid glamorgan so i gona work out distance etc.
    Thanks so much once again for the great info and your time to write it. If i decide to go ahead i will notify on this or the mmc page (page of whatever one i go for) and PM you.
    Thanks once again.

Tadpole likes this.
  12. David Winkley

I thought I had sold the wildcat but the buyer pulled out when he told his wife...... lol

I can post using Parcelforce Express 48, legally. The cost is £27.50 but only has £100 of insurance. The insurance uplift would be about £25 and I agreed to post the wildcat for £40 including the full insurance value of the sale.

I checked the map and it is about 110 miles or 2 and a bit hours. I work from home so can be available anytime to suite you if you are insterested.

13. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Please keep questions & offers only related to this item, use the pm for other 'stuff' .. ;)

14. David Winkley

Noted. Soz.

Tadpole likes this.
  15. HAMMERHEAD

HUGE APOLOGIES to all including Dave. My bad. Just getting used to this forum.
    NOTED FOR FUTURE USE.

Tadpole and littleJon365 like this.