1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

BSA Ultra SE or Scorpion SE?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Mince, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Mince

Mince Member

I'm looking to bag myself a PCP and these two guns look like winners, they are in my price range and have decent reviews yet which one is a all around better gun in your opinion? And what calibre should i go for if i were to buy the rifle does it make much difference? (I'm a egar quarry shooter)
    Any help would be appreciated
    Cheers Mat

2. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

Id go for the scorpion for the higher shot count ...There basically the same gun...im a hunter and use .177 but its what you prefer ...try the airgun centre atb

3. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    hi mat, nice choice of rifles - both basically the same rifle, but the scorpion has a 75mm longer barrel and a longer air cylinder, resulting in a bigger shotcount, and slightly heavier. both are as accurate as each other.
    whichever you get, i personally would choose .177.

4. Mince

Mince Member

So the scorpion is the prefered gun due to its longer barrel and larger air cylinder resulting in a higher shot count, just to make sure, you can re-charge it with the stirrup pump yes?
    Cheers guys
    Mat

5. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

Yes mate you can

6. rabbitraider1

rabbitraider1 Engaging Member

I've had both and they are both great in their own right,
    I've ended up sticking with an ultra because I mainly use my air rifle for ratting at the moment and I find I can stay steady for longer with the smaller ultra.

Being honest you can't go wrong with either :)

7. sillygarry

sillygarry Posting Addict

my ultra .22 with rws superfields = success in the field, it hits like a hammer and more than enough shots enjoy :up:

8. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

The\my ultra is a superb little rifle and punches well above its weight.

I would get both, the ultra in .22 and the scorpion in .177:D

9. Mince

Mince Member

Cheers for the advice, at the moment i have a aa tx200hc and it is just too heavy (it's a great gun though). What do you think is a reasonable asking price for a BSA scorpion SE?
    Mat

10. Mince

Mince Member

If only I had the money mate, would be top of the priority list haha

11. stevemandm

personally, i prefer the compactness of the ultra over the scorpion, trouble with the scorpion, is that with this money, its in the air arms s400 territory .....
    best to shoulder them both, one will appeal a bit more than the other.
    heres ours, just to whet your appetite, and to show you what can be done with a little imagination and a bit of skill http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/173524-THE-ULTIMATE-ULTRA

12. Mince

Mince Member

Steve that is one good looking rifle, like it alot. My step dad has a ultra, such a good bit of kit. Love what's been done to it though.
    Mat

13. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I would go with the Ultra just becuase it's compact,shot count wouldn't matter much if your hunting but the shot count is still pretty good anyway and now the Ultras have bolts.

14. metalman

metalman Big Poster

I sold a .22 Scorp se that had been "JB" blueprinted for £350 in Beech

15. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

I like the ultra's for there shortness, but bought a scorpion for the higher shot count...had it nearly a year and it's done hunting , hft and ft duties with no problems whatsoever:D...cracking rifles..here's mine to tempt you:up:

Attached Files:

16. Mince

Mince Member

:eek: How much do you want for it ;) haha

17. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Haha....I wouldn't sell, as I love it...I've owned an s400.. Ev2mk4, hammerli ar20ft...but I always come back to use my Scorptastic !!

18. stevemandm

what lee means, is that he wouldnt sell it as his wife would use his danglies as target practice for her rolling pin ! :eek:

19. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Lmao so true Steve..it was my 46thbirthday pressie after all....but I really do love shooting it, it handles so well, comes to shoulder good...the Bolas bolt is pure class !! Need I go on lol

20. stevemandm

not forgetting the mattyts butt pad spacer ! ;)