1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Bsa Ultra Se - Bolt Leaver Problem

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by mitov08, Nov 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mitov08

mitov08 Well-Known Member

Hello All,

I have a BSA ultra se, was an amazing gun honestly but recently its driving me up the wall.... Took her down the range and was shooting until the bolt seemed to jam on the loaded position. Took her home stripped down, gave it a clean all fine!

Next day comes I am back down the range, fired about 10-15 clips (happy days). The grouping went utter S***... I thought this was extremely off as I was putting the same exact pellets through. To add salt to the wound the bolt jammed up AGAIN.

Completed another strip down looked to see what could be the problem: Nothing out of the oridinary, hell I applied a little bit of bsa grease to the ball that locks the bolt to potentially allow it smoother transition. Played around with it to test if this fixed the problem, you guessed it> Did not...

Now I have reached the point where I am ready to throw it out the window and just save up for a brand new rifle as this was a second hand.

2. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Is the probe seal jammed in the magazine stopping it being pulled back? - most common fault, and have you got any bits of pellets jammed in the magazine aperture?

Other thing it will likely be is the cocking bolt banjo has come loose on the probe and moved out of place - a common fault, if the hex bolt comes loose or you have forced the bolt, if that's the case the gun will need stripping to re-adjust and fix it.

Whatever you do don't go trying to force the bolt back and forth, it could cause a lot of damage in the housing, especially if it's grinding while you do so.

PS. is the probe bent? remove it and roll it on a piece of glass to find out.

Can you explain the extent to which you have stripped the gun? had the two halves apart?

mr-mswindon likes this.
  3. mitov08

mitov08 Well-Known Member

Sorry for not replying sooner, I think I may have came to the root of the problem. I stripped the bolt, bolt chamber etc. Out of the gun. I checked the entire interior of the gun to see if anything would suggest on what actually caused the bolt to lock in place.

The gun did not appear to have ever been stripped which I found very weird, however I found the spring for the ball extremely odd (the one that locks the bolt into the firing position and prevents it from loosening).

Upon a quick googling of the part I quickly realised that the spring that I had was extremely "springey" since it left scratch markings on the buddy tank, I decided to cut half of it off & order a new spring in to see if that was the problem. The moment I resembled the gun & gave the bolt a even coating of grease (BSA approved) it has loosened up a bit too much...

Once the replacement spring arrives will give that a go, if that is still too stiff will just stretch out the one I cut in half to provide a bit more pressure.

I can provide you a video of what the system is like now :)