1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. No longer allowed Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- We now do not allow political and religion threads anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section) unless Airgun related and they must be put in the Airgun related politics section..

Staff will not move posts for you if you put it in the wrong section – it will simply be deleted. You will then have to type it all out again and put it in the right place, so heed this warning.

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Bsa Ultra Se 177

Discussion in 'Airgun Reviews' started by Lewis123, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Lewis123

Lewis123 Member

Hi wondering if some one can help and give me some information on what pellets are the best for a BSA ultra SE 177 air rifle? Just brought one lastnight so new to this air rifle! Cheers in advance

Blue BSA likes this.
  2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

I’d start with JSB Exact 4.52 mate

3. Ian george

Ian george Active Member

You could try AA Diablo Fields 4.52 !

Emmagoldy and Buckshot like this.
  4. Vangard

Vangard Engaging Member

Either of the two above should be good mate.

Emmagoldy likes this.
  5. Tom A

Tom A Engaging Member

If the pellets suggested above don't work, try Bisley Magnums. They tend to work well in some of BSA's fussier barrels. I use them in my .177 Ultra SE, and get good results.

Husky-loves-to-run and Blue BSA like this.
  6. Mortimer

Mortimer Lord Haw Haw

Another vote for AA Diabolo Field.:up:

7. mike-carter

mike-carter Pro Poster

I have an R10 and an Ultra, not shot the ultra yet but the one I had before and my R10 loves Air Arms Diablo Field and JSB exacts just as others have stated.

Husky-loves-to-run likes this.
  8. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Can only echo the sage advice given. Mine seemed to prefer the AADF's to the JSB's but you won't go wrong with either .....also the H&N FTT.
    :thumb:

9. Mullet99

Mullet99 Busy Member

Bisley long range gold in mine
    Accurate...nice trajectory...and cheap to boot
    Ahhhh just seen .177...mines .22

Blue BSA likes this.
  10. robs5230

robs5230 Everyone's entitled to my opinion

I have 3 Ultra SE's here.
    All shoot best with either JSB 4.53 (any batch) or JSB heavy (any batch).
    I have 2 rigged up to run on the 4.53 and 1 rigged for heavys.
    Wouldn't use anything else in mine
    The oldest one of the 3 been running on the 4.53's for 5 years now.

11. Husky-loves-to-run

Husky-loves-to-run Engaging Member

I’d go with this advice too mate, mine performs best with these..... gotta confess I haven’t tried the Bisleys though....

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  12. cbrdave

cbrdave Nuts

Mine gets fed on RWS Superdome, I've always used them in all my rifles and never had any issues,
    Excellent groupings and have taken numerous quarry.

Husky-loves-to-run likes this.
  13. Buckshot

Buckshot Engaging Member

Hi Mike, i've just bought a R10 SE minter, do you 4.52's?
    Cheers
    Neil.

14. Patrick

Patrick Donator

I believe but i'm not certain that the factory(BSA) use AA field when testing their guns. My own Ultra SE performs well with H&N FTT as do my other BSAs JSB Exacts perform well too and i think quite a few member/owners on here have good results with Bisley Magnums.
    It might be a good idea to get some sample packs of the 4 types i've mentioned from www.pelletperfect.co.uk and see which perform best before spending out on whole tins of pellets unless of course you're happy to do that.

15. Snowman1960

Snowman1960 Donator

sorry to hijack my r10 like superfields in 4.52 I then cleaned the barrel and jsb exacts 4.52 any batch works for mine now nice grouping for me at 35yrds

16. Buckshot

Buckshot Engaging Member

Cheers for the info mate, i think i'll try a tin of JSB exacts in 4.52, the HW100 i used to have liked those.

17. Snowman1960

Snowman1960 Donator

no worries I bought sample packs to try from the bay spent ages asking for different batches etc to the various sellers I found sundown models in luton brilliant ask for kylie if you ring them hth

18. dunker

dunker Engaging Member

BSA mags good in mine.About to try QYS streamlined heavies when they get here.
    My ultra doing 9.6 fpe any one have any ideas ,if it wold be worth having it uprated to 11.3 fpe or there abouts.?

19. Cess monk

Cess monk Member

Another vote for AA Diabolo, my lads ultra likes them, a lot!