1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Bsa ultra .177 ss tactical

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by stevemandm, May 11, 2012.

1. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    hi all. son mattyts has been wanting a dedicated hunting/field rifle for a while now and after a bit of research, have settled on the above. thinking of mounting a hawke 3-9x50 scope on it and using rws and jsb pellets ( seem to work best in our 400's ). our local shop tells us that it will be approx 2 week delivery.
    any thoughts, advice, tips etc greatly received

2. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I have and use a tench regged tac Ultra in single shot .177

Great bit of kit, i use a HW silencer on mine and is spot on. I run Logun Penetrator through mine and it's pellet on pellets near as dam it @35 yards. Further down the line i would get XTX to fit a reg if possible, this is the single biggest improvement you can do to it, double shot count, no power curve.

When loading the pellet don't let the pellet probe wack back, place your thumb over it and release the catch and move your thumb back with the pellet probe ;):up:

Overall the Ultra is a good bit of kit but can be made great with a reg. I was out with mine at the weekend, lasered 50 yards and shot 5 shots off the bi pod at my paper target and could not believe the grouping of it for such a small rifle. I later went hunting and bagged 5 rabbits with it :D

This is mine

Attached Files:

3. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

nice rifle i use to have one but sold it didnt like the front cocking system.....hope your boy enjoys it atb matt