1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

BSA Super Ten Advice

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Esoteric09, May 14, 2017.

1. Esoteric09

Esoteric09 Member

Gentleman, I'm in need of advice I am looking at a BSA Super Ten with the bull barrell and moderator. Basically is it worth considering? Thanks in advance.

2. paulairgun

paulairgun Keyboard Hero

Good rifles. Built like a tank and very accurate and reliable. Regretted selling the Bull barrel one I had.

3. M5AFX

M5AFX Donator

A friend of mine has an FAC one and has had it for a long time,he loves it and still uses it for rabbit,it's spot on.
    Don't think he will ever part with it.

4. Esoteric09

Esoteric09 Member

Thanks for the advice much appreciated.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  5. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

In a nut shell yes!

Im my opinion bsa should have taken the superten to the next mk by fitting a gauge and a quick fill, sorting the regulator out, and fit a updated stock design.

For me the bolt position is in the best place and i really think bsa should have kept it where it was and not move it to the rear of the block like on the newer pcp line up.

I had one in .22 and loved it, it was a mk3 bbk in a mk2 stock, the mk3 stocks are lovely, even by todays standards.

The newer mags will work in a superten also, as the original one may be prone to problems.

Heres my old superduper ten

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. raven hunter

raven hunter Posting Addict

That some stock and you sold it, have you been to the opticians now, so don,t do it again.

7. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

No. In addition to the usual delightfully squiffy BSA QC they're an old model with limited parts availability and are utterly horrible (convoluted, tedious and time consuming) to work on. Their regs are poor and expensive to re-seal / setup if they go wrong, with no aftermarket alternatives available as far as I'm aware.

Original mags are shockingly unreliable, although admittedly the guns should function much better with the the current generation mags, once their indexing mech has been binned.

Very few repairers / tuners will touch them (their designer, John Bowkett being one of the few exceptions), with good reason IMO. If I had S10 money to spend on a PCP (£300-350) it'd be pretty much bottom of the list I'm afraid. Unless you love hassle and cost, definitely one to avoid IMO.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  8. dancza

dancza Donator

Now I was going to say that what I've read seems to suggests that it's considered a better rifle than the R10 that replaced it and judging by the amount of people who say 'I never should have sold it!' I'd imagine it's an excellent rifle.

But reading Cloverleafs tells me that the smart money might be on choosing something else.

9. dan00001

dan00001 Posting Addict

I have had two, and have never had a problem with rifle, or mags!

Just look at how pretty they are though... :D

[​IMG]

10. Esoteric09

Esoteric09 Member

There seems to be two schools of thought making my decision more difficult.

11. just off centre

just off centre Busy Member

12. louisvanhovell

louisvanhovell Busy Member

I love mine (it's not a bb, but a S10 nonetheless, .22 fac). Will never sell it. Very accurate, built like a tank, John Bowkett is a fantastic man who can do customise the gun to anyone's wishes, lots of different stocks available, ... you won't regret buying one. Cheers :up:

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  13. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Your not wrong in what your saying thats for sure, there are issues as you have highlighted and its a bit of a lottery in getting a good one, i know all about bsa's lottery with my r10 se!

I would like to add further to your post and mine, should i be in the market cor a superten it would be bought with the intention to send to john bowkett as he will totally transform the gun and im lead to believe he fits his own regulator in place of the original.

Theres been two JB tuned mk3 supertens for sale local to me recently and they were £450-475 which i think is good value.

I would definitely try before you buy, and put at least 5 mags through it to see if there behaving.

Ps the jb blueprint includes sorting the mags out

14. Popgun

Popgun Donator

The original Mag were prone to malfunction, i had 2 go with in a week. BSA repaired foc I traded the S10 for a 12/200 14 yrs ago whilst awaiting those Mags to be sent back

15. MAXWELL

MAXWELL Engaging Member

Unless you get one that has had a full tune I wouldnt bother its a lottery people have had a lot of problems with them and you could be the next person to join the list, be better off getting yourself a rapid 7