1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

BSA Scorpion

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Steff, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Steff

Steff Active Member

Hi all, has anyone had one of these? I understand the scorpion K is the new one, thinking of getting the normal rifle size for the shot capacity .... are they accurate? BSA build Quality? Is it good? Would you say on a par with Air Arms? Appreciate any responses, Jeez... it's quiet out there! :)
    steff

2. topcat

topcat Post Whore

scorpion

rockabilly had one better build quality than air arms guess he should be how to tell u a little more

3. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Oooo ... I might be getting one of those.

Went to a gun shop and tried one out today as it happens; very good rifle as I understand, but I don't have any knowledge of PCP rifles.

(By the way, I'm talking about the K version)

It looks great, shoots well and yes, the build quality is the usual BSA goodness.

The 'Bolas' bolt is very nice too.

They're very good for the money.

4. Steff

Steff Active Member

what are you going for 177 or 22? Also is the rifle version single or multishot? Or can it possibly be used both? I think the only drawback as far as I'm aware is the lack of a pressure gage, at least the one I saw recently didn't have one.... Do you think the K version will be a bit short of air in 177? That Bolas Bolt looks nice, what's it like to use?

5. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

hi steff, the scorpion is a lovely rifle,
    good build quality,accurate and quiet as a mouse with a
    good silencer, go for the carbine in .177 you still get 60
    good shots from it, also you can get it from bsa with a walnut
    stock, the bolt is very smoothe and positive in operation.
    you cant convert the single shot to multi, but as you know
    there is a multi shot version available, hope this helps

(GET A .177);):D

6. Steff

Steff Active Member

Thanks Rockabilly

You are definately a 177 man! I've got an AAs410 in 177 /great gun/would you say the BSA is as good? or better? was thinking of 22 for a bit of diversity and shot capacity but will probably go with 177 again. Quick question, with the multishot, does the mag slot in from the left or the right hand side? I find with the 410 I cant use a scope wheel (on the left) because of interference.
    steff

7. Steff

Steff Active Member

Thanks Rockabilly

You are definately a 177 man! I've got an AAs410 in 177 /great gun/would you say the BSA is as good? or better? was thinking of 22 for a bit of diversity and shot capacity but will probably go with 177 again. Quick question, with the multishot, does the mag slot in from the left or the right hand side? I find with the 410 I cant use a scope wheel (on the left) because of interference.
    steff

8. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

When I have the money, I'll get mine in .177 because all I have is .22 at the moment and I want a change, plus to be honest I believe that .177 is better.

I think they only come in single shot, but they're working on a multi shot version as I speak so you might want to wait for that if you want that option.

They don't have a pressure gauge on them but your styrrup pump or air cylinder will, so that isn't a problem really.

The bolt is really nice, fits into the hand well and it feels great. It makes the rifle easier to cock too so it's functional as well.

With the carbine you get about 50 shots in .177 from a single charge so that's not too bad all things considered.

Sorry the reply took a while, and good luck if you decide to get one.

James.

9. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

scorpion

hellooo!
    If anyone, out out shooting,finds a magic fountain spouting full length 10 shot scorpions pleeeease could they contct me!!!!:)

10. sharp shooter

sharp shooter Member

cant go wrong

:up::up:hi steff you cant go wrong with a scorpion the quality and reliability of bsa is second to none , their after sales service is brilliant , i have had my scorpion for a long time never had a problem .ss

11. nibbley-uk

nibbley-uk Member

I have the scorpion 22 with tactical stock it is nice and accurate and very comfy to use the mag works well and for the money i would say its the best hunting gun out there.
    The stock was not going to be available in the tactical but bsa decided they would give it a go and i think it is the best choice as it is strong and less likeley to get marked.