1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

bsa scorpion t10 mag problem

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by catman938, Oct 7, 2014.

1. catman938

catman938 Busy Member

just got myself a T10. i have to pull back the bolt to be able to remove and insert magazine, this dont seem normal to me, is something worn, some common problem maybe

2. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

It's normal

3. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

How can you expect to remove and insert the mag if the probe is going through it;)

4. catman938

catman938 Busy Member

should have said,,,,,,,,,,pull back the bolt but hold it back that last 2mm or so, dont seem right to me.

5. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Sounds right to me

6. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

It's the old system bsa used a bit ago, removing the mag you have to pull the bolt back that bit and same fitting a mag, nothing wrong it's just how it is. I had a early mk1 r10 which was like this, after sending it to xtx Darrin changed it so you don't have to do that, all new ish bsa pcps have the new system.

7. catman938

catman938 Busy Member

thanks for that.
    are bsa ok at coming forward with a manufacture date if i call in with serial number?

8. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

Have a look on John Knibbs website, he has loads of old BSA stuff - I would guess from your system your rifle is about 5 or 6 years old.

9. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned BANNED

I had a T10 in .22 and I found it really enjoyable to use. Do yourself a favour and buy a new mag. If its using the old grey and black one, they are prone for miss loading. Not what you need when your on the rabbits. If I remember correctly, the new .22 mags are a red colour and they work much better. Cheers KB1

10. themadspread

themadspread Donator

disaggree with above i bought the new red mag for my t 10 and it is just as Censored as the old style one its just a crap system.there are people around that say that if you glue a piece of old film negative into the bottom of the mag chamber that sorts it out but ive not tried it so i cant say.its much easier to leave it indoors and use the 100 or the s400

11. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

i have the very thing for that mate, no glue required;)

The mags work, but I think you have an alignment issue!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  12. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

I've had no problems with my blue mags in Either rifle

13. Speed

Speed Busy Member

my blue mag is Censored, can fire 60 no problem then have 4 jam in a mag

14. themadspread

themadspread Donator

if i had the problem you suggest in my book that would happen on every cocking of the bolt it only happens once every 15 to 25 shots out of the blue.its the build of the mag it is pure crap and its the 2nd one of the red mags ive bought at a waste of 84 sovs

15. evenbad

evenbad Evenbad

Went out shooting rats , changed mag as 1st mag emptied and couldn't slide probe back in!! tried to remove mag and it was jammed in solid. After messing around for 10 min got it out and refilled other mag. Back home stripped mag and cant see anything obvious so binned it and bought a replacement as I cant be doing with that jam again, [ ITS .22 RED MAG}

16. themadspread

themadspread Donator

lots of people seem to have trouble with bsa mags.one of the 2 new ones i bought all wrapped up took it home and it wouldnt cycle to put the pellets into it then had to take it back to the rfd for an exchange wasted more petrol and time and though you could fill it its still crap and thats in a t 10 and a ultra

17. catman938

catman938 Busy Member

not had a mag problem yet fingers crossed, and its old style mag.

18. Stevenb

Stevenb Donator

I must be lucky too.never ever had a problem,mines the old style .22 mag and it's sweet as

19. pigeonator

pigeonator Member

t10

i have seen this problem before.
    its when the power has been adjusted by the hammer spring hence wont pull all the way back as the spring is near full compressed and no room to move further back

20. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator